Fan reports and pics from June 28 NYC Show

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Doesn't sound pretty...

from Madonnamad

"bret emailed me that they made an announcement at msg that the show cannot be fully executed tonight because of screen malfunctions but that she hopes everyone enjoys the show anyway. he said the crowd went nuts w/ applause. as of 5 of 9 the show hadnt started yet"

"brets been all vegas'd out and black berrying me throughout this show - heres what he said about ILNY -

After she sang it and got the worst reaction thus far she goes "if u didn't jump for that song that I wrote for u u better jump for this one".

he said the crowd is the worst. thats the worst. "

Guest bedtimestorynyc
i'll be seeing it in NY too but who cares Montreal was the best....and according to madonna's people the best crowd thus far :boxing::boxing::boxing:

F*ck NYkers. :vogue:

excusez moi salope? :ranting:

:p

from JWB123 at Icon

just got back from the Garden, what a great fucking show...I think it's by far the best one since the Girlie Show and Blond Ambition. Her '***CENSORED*** you' sass is back, the poltiical stuff actually feels rock and roll, rather than heavy handed, the set list is great, the dancing is not cheesy, and she looks perfect. About nine times better than she's been photographing, actually...My friend and I sat in section 3 Row N, seats 7-8, right on the catwalk. We got the tickets at about 4 o clock or so on ticketmaster, then sold off my section 4 row M seats through craigslist. Which was a bit of a production but was worth it. we were on top of the fucking stage, and were never too far from her. for much of the show, she was on top of us...And I lost no money doing my upgrade, so I'm happy...I'm going again Monday, and I'm feeling like I really want to go again tomorrow, so I think I will...But I have to find a 3d friend who wants to go, unless I get a single ticket, which feels sort of sad...

In terms of seating, I think the best seats in the house are probably section 3 Row S, where she'll never have her back turned to you...But all the seats from the first four rows of the middle floor sections and up are great, and I think almost all of the seats from sections 49-57/85-77 are fantastsic...

AND THE SHOW IS JUST SO MUCH MORE FUN THAN THE LAST TWO...It has the feel good energy of reinvention, but none of its Vegas-like eagerness to please anyone with old songs that don't really need to be revisited. She's got a great album to pull her material from this time and that makes all the difference. . Even Isaac and Paradise don't wind up being neary as bothersome as I would have thought. It's really too bad she didn't do "Deeper and Deeper," "Everybody," and "Holiday," three songs that truly feel absent in a show that's all about the joy of the nightclub. But when she comes out to do Music dressed like John Travolta, it almost makes up for it. You will lose your shit

more from Icon, fv68

This was an experience of a lifetime for me. Yes, we had to wait till 9:10 pm for the show to begin. They were having some technical difficulties with the screens I believe. The guy announced it, but I wasn't so sure what he said. I know he did say that Madonna apologizes for this problem.

But anyway, It was worth the wait....... Madonna was so strong and full of energy on stage. God Bless her. Don't know how she does it.

There was sooo much love at the Garden. Everyone had such a great time, and I'm sure Madonna did too.

My friends and I were so drenched with sweat. We were dancing and sang our asses off. Especially on RAY of LIGHT!!! Loved the way Madonna had control of her guitar. I loved it.. Just loved it!!

Also the Live to Tell part was very emotional for me. OMG, I got goosebumps on this one. It was so beautiful in the way it ended. For me it meant alot and had a strong message.

At the end HUNG UP kicked ass. Was upset I wasn't able to grab a ballon. There were soo many people with more than one. I saw this girl with four, asked her nicely If I can have one, and would you believe she ran away from me. She probably thought she was gonna get mugged for a balloon. C-mon I would have definately shared my balloons.

Maybe tomorrow I'll grab one since I'll be closer.

Also in reference to bringing cameras into the garden — that wasn't a problem for me. We got in and since there were soooo many people going in at the same time, I guess security didn't even bother. All they did was scan the tickets and we had to find our ways to the seat. An usher actually helped us out and we was such a sweet old guy. Found our seat, then told us to enjoy the show.....

Anyway, don't wanna bla, bla no more

All I can say is for you to get your ass out there and experience the show yourself. It's worth the wait and most importantly the money.

MADONNA won't disappoint. Has she ever????

PS: Got to see Madiva, (she was FABULOUS) the whole custom was sooo great! Guy Oseary, Rosie O'Donnel (she was taking pictures like crazy) Was hoping I see Guy Ritchie, but I did hear that he was there

I'm too exhausted to write but it was not a superlame crowd OVERALL. Most people remained standing through the whole show, and 1/2 the people were flailing their arms a lot in the air. The crowd was more alive than the NY DWT shows and every NJ Madonna I've ever seen, that's for sure. But the crowd could've been better. You could tell a lot of those people there weren't fans or even casual fans, and were just there to be "seen". :rolleyes: 1/2 of the crowd on the floor wasn't jumping crazy during I LOVE NEW YORK as I expected and she was certainly annoyed. I thought they'd go ballistic for it! Ugh, there was this very stiff man in his 50s or so next to me (his wife obviously dragged him, but she seemd to enjoy it) and he was sooooo stiff through the whole show! He looked so damn grumpy and like he wanted to take a big shit right there! Madonna got a much better response when she performed RAY OF LIGHT after ILNY. In fact, I was surprised that Sorry got one of the hugest reactions of the night. Hopefully there are more loons on the other shows in NY. I remember on the RIT the crowd was similar on opening night and seemed better at the following shows. What screen malfunctions were there in the show? I didn't notice any? :confused: I saw a lot of people from forums there! A bunch of them were near me and we all had a blast. We were all against the catwalk screaming and jumping so much. The crowd semi-blahness didn't detract me from enjoying the show (A LOT) though. OMLIH, what a fucking wonderful and very exhausting show. I can't believe how much I danced, sang along and sweated ... my pants and shirt were drenched 1/2 way through the show. I exercise regularly but this really wore me out! After the show my sister said I looked like I pissed in my pants!

Great to hear you enjoyed the show Sly.

I hope the audience do improve especially if they intend to film the show in New York! I'm sure NY will do her proud!!!!

Oh they better. I swear tomorrow night I'm going to try to psych everybody up around me before the show and tell them to make her proud and go crazzzzy at the show, and put the previous night's crowd to shame! And to spread the word around there. Doubt it will do anything, but it's worth a shot! Everybody in my row are Iconers, so we will be acting like lunatics from beginning to end! I can't wait!

By the way, the further back you are on the floor, the better! She's on the catwalk/ministage for like 1/3 of the show, but she works it to great effect! And the opening takes places there. It's so exciting to see her march down that catwalk with immeasurable attitude and come by so close to you!

I thought the crowd was really into it, at least on the floor. I wish I could have bounced around more but I had goddamn security walking in front of me every two min. getting in my way, along with wires at my feet. I didnt see Rosie but I saw the Asian woman from MTV news and one of the gay guys from The Real World. I thought the only time the crowd calmed down was during DW and Paradise.

The people around me and in back of me were definitely more into it. When she'd go to the ministage the back 1/2 of the floor was going apeshit. All those people much further up front probably were mostly industry people with their VIP seats. Hahaha we got a better view of the "show" back there then the people in first few rows!

I didn't go crazy trying to take pics because I didn't want my memory of the 1st time seeing the show to be mostly from my camera's LCD, but here are some shots I got. I reduced the size because the originals are so HUGE in size. I have more pics but I don't have the time to resize and crop bald people's scary heads out of them now! Stay tuned for more pics from other NY shows!

1resize2xw.jpg

2resize0qs.jpg

3resize7ez.jpg

4resize2gj.jpg

5resize5cl.jpg

6resize7gx.jpg

7resize1iz.jpg

8resize2lm.jpg

9resize2uh.jpg

10resize5ep.jpg

Guest maverick25

Ohhh great pics Sly. Especially the ones of Mirhan. Mmmmm look at his ass in first one. Hes GEORG!!!!

Guest bedtimestorynyc

great sly... yeah it took me immense time to only resize the pic myself, uploading them..... nevermind cropping..... hence the scattered and slow review.

of all the things I hate about concerts are those killjoys who scream at you and say "sit down"... ugh, in concerts like these, you pay big bucks, the least you could do is enjoy it and go crazy for the next 2 hours... and show appreciation to the artist that you were willing to shell out big bucks for...

Guest LeCockSportif

my first ever madonna show on US ground. it was fantastic but the general admission on the floor at european venues is soooooo much more exciting. the energy is just different, crazier.

i saw the re-invention tour in paris in 04

DWT in berlin

GS in paris

BA in dortmund

WTG in frankfurt

and all of those shows had way better energy than last nights msg show. though sitting in the comfort of a chair while waiting for the show has it's advantages... it doesn't really pay off, in my opinion.

nonetheless...great show!! and the crowd was alright...the screens were ok i guess...don't know will have to observe on monday.

there were some people in our section as well who said "we would appreciate it if you would sind down!"....didn't happen. we were like "what? not gonna happen...". :-)

The show was fucking phenomenal. UNBELIEVABLE. It amazes me how she keeps raising the bar with her tours. This easily kicks Reinvention's ass - and I adore that show. I was awestruck the whole time.

There was a RIDICULOUS hick husband below me who was dragged to the show by his wife. He kept complaining about the heat and he sat down for most of the show. He was like 7 ft and annoying. I was clapping and dancing everywhere, sweat flying off of my body and trying to yell with my painfully hoarse voice and he just sat there like the party-pooper non fan that he was, complaining and constantly getting up to "go get some AC." Ugh.

Anyway I had a fucking fantastic time. There was NOT ONE EMPTY SEAT in the house. Zero. Oh and the crowd seemed perfectly fine to me, I don't know what people are talking about. I just think that she got pissed that people weren't more nutty in I Love New York, but I think that'll change as she does more shows. But overall the crowd was pretty good to me.

One of my favorites of the show is Erotica/You Thrill Me. For Erotica fans who haven't seen the show - you're going to go crazy for it. It totally revived the song for me. So hot.

Music Inferno is another KILLER number. And the Sorry interlude is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen... it totally gives me a reason to like the Sorry video now :lol:

Oh and as for the NUTS who say Madonna can't dance (YES THAT MEANS YOU MISS BONET)... SILENCE! This show will be a nice SLAP in the face for you. :D