Is Anyone Else Wishing Madonna Would Record Again With Patrick Leonard?

Cherish

Guest bluejean

Leonard is credited as a co-producer on "Frozen" and "The Power of Good-Bye," though (along with M and Orbit).

That's true. But I really think that is only because they used some elements of his original demos and what Orbit did was essentially rework the entire songs afterward. I don't believe Patrick was involved in the production hands on with Madonna and Orbit. That sound is totally Orbit all over.

I'd much rather she works with somebody new and relatively unknown but highly accomplished when it comes to producing EXCELLENT music. I'd like Madonna to become a trendsetter again rather than a sheep or retreading steps from former glories like an old has-been.

That's true. But I really think that is only because they used some elements of his original demos and what Orbit did was essentially rework the entire songs afterward. I don't believe Patrick was involved in the production hands on with Madonna and Orbit. That sound is totally Orbit all over.

Isn't there a letter from Madonna to Patrick Leonard about Nellee Hooper talking about his ego and telling him their planned collaboration had fallen apart? I think in that letter it seems that Madonna and Patrick Leonard wrote the songs but he wasn't involved in producing them afterwards.

I'd much rather she works with somebody new and relatively unknown but highly accomplished when it comes to producing EXCELLENT music. I'd like Madonna to become a trendsetter again rather than a sheep or retreading steps from former glories like an old has-been.

MUSICALLY, has Madonna ever been a trendsetter? :confused:

MUSICALLY, has Madonna ever been a trendsetter? :confused:

Of course she has been a trendsetter in every sense not just musically...she had a series of imitators throughout the 80's (Martika, Debbie Gibson, Taylor Dayne, Kylie Minogue, et al) ...others followed suit in the ROL 90's era (All Saints, Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, et al) ...the early noughties sound of the Music album (pretty much every pop starlet and group started to make their pop even more electronic - Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado, Gwen Stefani, Jennifer Lopez, P!nk, S Club 7...and more recently and most obviously - Lady GaGa).

There's very little of P. Leonard's production left on ROL. Madonna even mentioned it in some interview,

where she told of deconstructing the work she'd done with Pat it & how hard it must have been on him. She

described the pré-orbit elements as Peter Gabriel like.

I don't think people who wish 4 a Pat collabo r stuck in the past..nor do they want another LAP per sé..

it's just that with the kind of music he writes Madonna will instantly b pushed in a different direction as a writer 2.

If anything it would reduce the immanent threat of her potentially rhyming 'dance' with 'romance'. :fag:

AL was her trying to do something pretentious and artistic like ROL and it bombed.

She didn’t try to do something artistic with AL she did. I fucking hate the p-word (pretentious). It’s a word designed to make stupid people feel smart about shit that’s over their head.

There's very little of P. Leonard's production left on ROL. Madonna even mentioned it in some interview,

where she told of deconstructing the work she'd done with Pat it & how hard it must have been on him. She

I don't think people who wish 4 a Pat collabo r stuck in the past..nor do they want another LAP per sé..

it's just that with the kind of music he writes Madonna will instantly b pushed in a different direction as a writer 2.

If anything it would reduce the immanent threat of her potentially rhyming 'dance' with 'romance'. :fag:

:scared:

Guest Pud Whacker

you mean like the wonderful rhyming of frozen: see with be

or fly and die?

or get with regret?

or heart and apart?

nikki finn: get real.

:ass:

Yes, i want this woman to sing songs and ballads. I'm tired of production and bin-bangs-dum-dum. They can later produce the song or whatever, but if Frozen was a hit was because of Pat and Madonna's talent, because the production is flawless, but the MELODY is what counts.

I want melodies and good songs. I don't care if she doesnt' call Pat for a zillion albums, but i hope they meet again and create some songs. Her best songs have been composed with him.

And i want him to release a beautiful ballad sometime in the future, but her recent ballads are either boring or not catchy enough.

I do want Madonna to do ballads but not an album of all ballads. She hasn't done that many ballads recently but the ones she has done I like. I love Like it or Not and also Devil and Miles Away from HC. I like slower more emotional songs, but I don't like traditional AC sort of ballads like she did during the Something to Remember period. So it's a balance to find slower songs that aren't as traditional but have a modern cool edge.

Yes, i want this woman to sing songs and ballads. I'm tired of production and bin-bangs-dum-dum. They can later produce the song or whatever, but if Frozen was a hit was because of Pat and Madonna's talent, because the production is flawless, but the MELODY is what counts.

I want melodies and good songs. I don't care if she doesnt' call Pat for a zillion albums, but i hope they meet again and create some songs. Her best songs have been composed with him.

And i want him to release a beautiful ballad sometime in the future, but her recent ballads are either boring or not catchy enough.

me too.

I hope they work together, even if he´s not the producer.

About Bray, I´m just curious.what happened to him?

and about madonna working again with neil rodgers, david bowie did it twice, and the album was good, but I don´t want neil to repeat with madonna

In Spin magazine, Madonna talked about how she and Leonard co-produced together on ROL and how they never really had done that- despite their co-producer credits on many tracks before that. :lol: That still doesn't make sense to me. Anyone else?

But, yeah, if Madonna wants to dance nonstop on an album, then Leonard probably wouldn't be the best collaborator.

True but I trust in Pat as a songwriter. Madonna needs proper and classic melodies, not the latest beats.

As Suedehead pointed out, though, Madonna's melodies are basically her own (i.e. she writes the bulk of what she actually sings, including the melodies). Pat's main responsibility was always the backing track, although that varied from song to song.

I liked Headlines :shy:

As for Pat, I don't know. He has co written all of my top 3 Madonna songs (LAP, Frozen, Open Your Heart) but I wonder if the ship has sailed with their collaboration in the sense that the magic can't be recaptured.

Pat had nothing to do with the writing of "Open Your Heart" - Madonna heard the completed demo, lyrically reworked sections of it (quite significantly, contrary to what one of the co-writers claimed in an interview) and she and Pat changed it into a dance/pop song during production, rather than a straight pop song.

Holidayguy - is that Spin interview online anywhere? I don't remember ever seeing it.

In Spin magazine, Madonna talked about how she and Leonard co-produced together on ROL and how they never really had done that- despite their co-producer credits on many tracks before that. :lol: That still doesn't make sense to me. Anyone else?

But, yeah, if Madonna wants to dance nonstop on an album, then Leonard probably wouldn't be the best collaborator.

Was that the April 1998 Spin interview, HolidayGuy? If it is, I can't see any reference to that comment. She only talks about how the wrote the ROL songs together, but didn't produce them (as she took their orginal demos to William Orbit, because she didn't want them to have a Peter Gabriel vibe).

http://www.madonna-online.ch/m-online/interviews/interview-sites/98-04_spin-interview.htm