Is Anyone Else Wishing Madonna Would Record Again With Patrick Leonard?

Cherish

i love pat and most everything he and madonna have done together but lets face it - hes not the greatest on the beats.

)

Pat & Madonna are The Sound & The Soul, then, she can picks a new kid on the block(but please let it be NEW)to give her the edge ...that's it ..

Now if she will add Steve or Neil Rodgers its a major plus ... we don't need Pop songs we need timeless pages on the Queen of life's Bible

I know but at the same time I don't want another album like it or like ROL. I want something completely new :thumbsup:

at the end of the day the ultimate sound of ROL is william Orbit ...thats why I don't want him back!

I'm all for a new kid but please I need melodies ...I need to close my eyes and dream not getting bored!

I'm all for a new kid but please I need melodies ...I need to close my eyes and dream not getting bored!

That's exactly what I'm saying. All the time.

A Song is like a human being: The melody is the soul/heart and the sound of a song is the appearance.. It is really superficial just to care for who's producing the sound of a song. As it is always the case, beautiful persons are not immediately created beautiful inside.

Yep. I'd like her to work with him again, at some point, though I'm thinking, what would he bring to the table as far as taking her music in a different direction is concerned? would she just be repeating herself? how would his songwriting and sound appeal to or attract new listeners, while keeping her older fans interested? anyway, she's done some fabulous stuff with him so it doesn't really matter? I'd welcome another Pat Leonard collab any day over another Pharrell one.

Keep him away from the producer's desk, Suedey? Who do ya think co-produced (with M) the LAP album? :) Not to mention "Live to Tell," "La Isla Bonita," etc. Granted, we wouldn't want a repeat of anything classic, but I'm not convinced he couldn't do some fine production work with her, under good creative circumstances. And, you can hear his producer contribution in "Frozen" and "The Power of Good-Bye."

Has PL produced anyone as of late?

Guest bluejean

Maybe she could write a whole chunk of songs with Joe Henry and have someone else produce. Or perhaps work with people she's never worked with before.

I can't see her going back to work with Pat. It's true that some of her best songs were done with him, but that is not him soley, it's the chemistry between them. What other classics has he done without Madonna? None. She just needs to find other songwriters that she has that chemistry with. I don't mind Pharrel but I get the feeling those are songs he has written that she has just written lyrics for and made afew changes here and there.

Guest bluejean

Keep him away from the producer's desk, Suedey? Who do ya think co-produced (with M) the LAP album? :) Not to mention "Live to Tell," "La Isla Bonita," etc. Granted, we wouldn't want a repeat of anything classic, but I'm not convinced he couldn't do some fine production work with her, under good creative circumstances. And, you can hear his producer contribution in "Frozen" and "The Power of Good-Bye."

Has PL produced anyone as of late?

I can't hear his production on those songs at all. His version of The Power Of Goodbye that leaked sucks in comparison to William Orbits.

I can't hear his production on those songs at all. His version of The Power Of Goodbye that leaked sucks in comparison to William Orbits.

Regardless POG is fantastic with or without Orbit! Pat puts in the extra heartbreaking feeling, that nostalgic beat that made Madonna famous! And he never repeated himself starting with the true blue tracks , till the end with the ROL tracks

Although I want Madonna to move on (even from Pharell), I feel nostalgic for her LEGENDARY collaborations with PL.. and we'd never really know if a reunion is a good idea or not until we hear what they could come up with, if ever. But it's not gonna happen.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

:megamanson: @ Salman, Madonna Bowie Prince, and whoever else.

The greatest artist ever has the WORST fans in this world.

:queenbitch: For having a different opinion to you, I'm suddenly the "worst fan"

Bitch pu-lease. :queenbitch:

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

shut the fuck up about ROL already. its not going to happen. thank god.

you go listen to her records you twat.

where is vanity bonet??????????

Someone has PMS, go listen to HC maybe it'll calm you down :queenbitch:

I would totally love him to be onboard - for songwriting. Their melodies together are pretty timeless. However, I am not gonna hold my breath.

I'm not sure why some people are so worried about him being "so 80's." He worked with her in 1986-1990 and then in 1994 and 1997. Also, let's not forget they did virtually a whole soundtrack to Hello Suckers! in 2004, we just haven't heard anything from their sessions yet. There is something about Pat. She hasn't gone back to anyone else as much or over such a long period of time.

I swear all it would take is a new Leonard/Madonna demo leak and the homos in here would be quivering with delight.

Well, Spice Girls aren't exactly on M's level artistically, but I know what ya mean. :) The potential for disappointment is always there. that it won't live up to the best work.

(I personally didn't mind "Headlines," though it's not a great track- and it is similar to "2 Become 1," "Goodbye," etc.).

Maybe she could write a whole chunk of songs with Joe Henry and have someone else produce. Or perhaps work with people she's never worked with before.

I can't see her going back to work with Pat. It's true that some of her best songs were done with him, but that is not him soley, it's the chemistry between them. What other classics has he done without Madonna? None. She just needs to find other songwriters that she has that chemistry with. I don't mind Pharrel but I get the feeling those are songs he has written that she has just written lyrics for and made afew changes here and there.

Totally agree. Very well said. I'd like to see her do a different direction from HC, but I'm not convinced Pat is the answer. I'm not sure if the chemistry is there anymore. People act like Pat is the only talented songwriter in the world when they are many. It's just about finding the person that she connects with. Definitely would like to see her work with people she hasn't worked with before.

They did some songs together a few years ago for that scrapped film. I wonder what were the results... that would give us a light of what could be of them working again.