Pharrell confirms working with Madonna Again

moe

I dont see why anyone would want whore Madonna back. I love the Erotica album and era, but she is done with all that, she released Ray Of Light - the album that defined her career, the album that made people consider her a talented artist

I considered her that in 1987.

Sometimes she's also a whore. Sometimes she likes to have fun. Sometimes she's silly. Sometimes she has her head stuck up her ass. Etc. All pieces of the 100000 piece puzzle.

That's only exactly what I said :lol:

I know I was agreeing with you! :lol:

What I implied directly after that though is that as far as the general public goes, I would consider AL to be more awkwardly received than HC.

I typed a damn essay and THAT is all you could respond to!? :tongue:

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I considered her that in 1987.

Sometimes she's also a whore. Sometimes she likes to have fun. Sometimes she's silly. Sometimes she has her head stuck up her ass. Etc. All pieces of the 100000 piece puzzle.

Of course we fans do, but the general public considered her a talentless whore up until ROL.

people still want her to dance, sing and do everything she did at 30 years old. PUT DOWN THE GUITAR!!!! DANCE MORE!!!! SING ANGEL!!!! :rotfl:

forget her being MADONNA and turning 50. just being a woman and turning 50 in this sexist and ageist society - then add MADONNA on top of it. then cher comes off her couch after eating dominoes pizza in an outfit from 1989, as stiff as a board, and everyone screams - SHES FABULOUS!!!! imagine madonna wearing her open your heart bustier at an MTV music awards. :lol:

madonnas fans are so awful.

iy1nqg.gif

Of course we fans do, but the general public considered her a talentless whore up until ROL.

I don't think that's true- praise started coming as early as Live To Tell- and part of Madonna's charm has always been that she was never America's sweetheart, anyway.

I was one of those who loved the leotard and i love the Vogue outfit for SS! I dont have a problem with the way she dresses for her shows but i do have a problem with the recycled black/rap/urban producers (Pharrel included) that infested the pop genre and she jumped on that.

She can take another direction! She is not even with the Warners anymore! At 50yo she should be allowed to explore and set her creative self free! Honestly thats all she really needs. GOOD MUSIC!

Guest Pud Whacker

I don't think that's true- praise started coming as early as Live To Tell- and part of Madonna's charm has always been that she was never America's sweetheart, anyway.

i was JUST having this conversation today and used live to tell as an example, as well. she was americas sweetheart but the bad girl version americas sweetheart. dont you think?

now that is a different story!!! :ass:

lab5.jpg

I thought of the La Isla dress after I posted about the OYH bustier. The dress she wore in SNL wasn't QUITE the same was it? But it was very similar, and that and the Marika persona must have helped inspire La Isla in some way.

Speaking of Open Your Heart, Sean Penn hosted SNL around this time. Where is Bytch?

From 2:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ByoJ7amKs

Can I say that I am still amazed how someone like Pharrell who is pushing 40 can still look like he is 16.

I think he has found the fountain of youth, and Madonna is working with him again in hopes of finding out where it is.

Black isn’t supposed to crack but then again look at Tranet.

Well....this should FINALLY disprove the pulled out of thin air....not to mention stupid theory that Madonna ONLY worked with Pharrell on HC because she was FORCED by WB! :lmao:

Like she's some up and comer....bitches please.

Madonna is the director of her show! :sassy:

madonnanation is dreaming of a white madonna album

just like the ones they used to know

ahhhh you think your so fuckin funny

well lemme tell you sumthing.

some of madonna's best albums and greatest songs were written and produced by these so called "blackies" you call them.

what are you saying, that black producers are not good enough for M? Are they not smart,creative and talented enough for ya?

I don't know what the fuck yo problem is, but this racist shit has got to stop. im sick and tired of comin up in here reading threads from left to right with negative refrences to black people.

i hope madonna sucks on a huge black dick just so she can piss you off even more!

Guest nothingfails0603

What happened to the Madonna who wanted to discover innovative producers? Pharrel is so 2003 it isn't funny, which is why HC is one of her most dated sounding albums despite being released in 2008. COADF, Music, ROL, hell even Erotica sound more fresh than that mess of an album.

That is what I find funny about her working with Pharrell yet again. What, next time she goes dance is she going to work with Metro?

ahhhh you think your so fuckin funny

well lemme tell you sumthing.

some of madonna's best albums and greatest songs were written and produced by these so called "blackies" you call them.

what are you saying, that black producers are not good enough for M? Are they not smart,creative and talented enough for ya?

I don't know what the fuck yo problem is, but this racist shit has got to stop. im sick and tired of comin up in here reading threads from left to right with negative refrences to black people.

:confused:

He wasn't being racist at all there surely, he was only parodying other fans attitudes (the ones that moan about Hard Candy) with at most a bit of ironic racism. Nowhere was anything inflammatory like "blackies" said. Moreover, two black posters were on at the time and nobody took offence.

Although yes, in fairness it has come up quite a lot that people wanted her to have a less black/hip hop sound. I'm not sure if that's actually racist either so much as musical taste.

i hope madonna sucks on a huge black dick just so she can piss you off even more!

She has been known to. :queenbitch::sassy:

Guest nothingfails0603

Sadly a lot of rockist people still consider her such. You should see the way some of these over-40 rock fans act over her being in the Hall Of Fame while some of their childhood faves aren't. These people refuse to acknowledge that she has ever evolved past "we are living in a material world and I am a material girl" and liken her with Britney all the time (and no, not in a positive way). ROL helped somewhat but some people are still pissed off because they have outstanding debts with interest to friends in 1985 that they bet that Madonna would be forgotten by 1990 and that Cyndi Lauper would have the longer career. These people don't forgive nor do they forget LOL. It must suck how much these people have to mortgage because of their hate for Madonna and sureness that she was going to be another 80's pop fad.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

Sadly a lot of rockist people still consider her such. You should see the way some of these over-40 rock fans act over her being in the Hall Of Fame while some of their childhood faves aren't. These people refuse to acknowledge that she has ever evolved past "we are living in a material world and I am a material girl" and liken her with Britney all the time (and no, not in a positive way). ROL helped somewhat but some people are still pissed off because they have outstanding debts with interest to friends in 1985 that they bet that Madonna would be forgotten by 1990 and that Cyndi Lauper would have the longer career. These people don't forgive nor do they forget LOL. It must suck how much these people have to mortgage because of their hate for Madonna and sureness that she was going to be another 80's pop fad.

Oh totally. One of my friends still gets off on that "talentless whore" shtick despite knowing how much Madonna has evolved musically, he thinks Janet and Cyndi are more deserving of a career than Madonna, he was also pissed she had so many albums listed in Rolling Stone's top 500 albums of all time.

In that sense, I guess I consider Madonna an underrated artist, sure she is hugely successful, but when it comes to her art many people push aside all the things shes done, to me I consider her far more innovative than MJ, and Janet because she puts so much thought behind her music than they ever did.

Edited by Madonna Bowie Prince

Guest nothingfails0603

Oh totally. One of my friends still gets off on that "talentless whore" shtick despite knowing how much Madonna has evolved musically, he thinks Janet and Cyndi are more deserving of a career than Madonna, he was also pissed she had so many albums listed in Rolling Stone's top 500 albums of all time.

In that sense, I guess I consider Madonna an underrated artist, sure she is hugely successful, but when it comes to her art many people push aside all the things shes done, to me I consider her far more innovative than MJ, and Janet because she puts so much thought behind her music than they ever did.

I think Madonna is quite underrated as an artist as well. A lot of people dismissed her in 1985 and have stuck with that opinion without any room for change. A lot of these "rockist" people act like her inclusion in the Hall Of Fame is as if Britney or Paula Abdul or someone getting in. I remember someone else before talking about how Madonna doesn't deserve to be put in the same category as The Beatles, MJ and Elvis.

Funny how she has put out dozens upon dozens of hits in her career, but because of Like A Virgin and Material Girl, a lot of people still hate her and refuse to accept her as anything more just because of two bubblegum pop songs she recorded in 1984.

I love Hard Candy. I've been only a fan for the last 3-4 years so HC is the first album of M that I bought during its proper release time. It is probably the Like A Virgin or Madonna album for me in this age.

I love Ray of Light as well because "sonically", it impressed. I only learned to appreciate it after years of its release and it definitely held up very well. Music was good but as a whole, it does not gel well together. American Life, as underrated as it was, I really love it as well. It's so introspective and very personal. COADF, at first listen, I was indifferent. But it's a grower and it's now one of my favorite from her. But HC will always have that special place because it's just plain fun. ROL to COADF, there were fun moments but she's never been this fun as HC.

Seriously?

Is it REALLY that hard to believe?? It's a fun dance pop record.

I don't know about you, but I have to be in a mood to listen to stuff like ROL and LAP. It can be too much sometimes.

Some of her lighter work including HC is a lot easier to digest no?

Is it REALLY that hard to believe?? It's a fun dance pop record.

I don't know about you, but I have to be in a mood to listen to stuff like ROL and LAP. It can be too much sometimes.

Some of her lighter work including HC is a lot easier to digest no?

MmmmmmHmmmm.

I love Hard Candy. I've been only a fan for the last 3-4 years so HC is the first album of M that I bought during its proper release time. It is probably the Like A Virgin or Madonna album for me in this age.

I love Ray of Light as well because "sonically", it impressed. I only learned to appreciate it after years of its release and it definitely held up very well. Music was good but as a whole, it does not gel well together. American Life, as underrated as it was, I really love it as well. It's so introspective and very personal. COADF, at first listen, I was indifferent. But it's a grower and it's now one of my favorite from her. But HC will always have that special place because it's just plain fun. ROL to COADF, there were fun moments but she's never been this fun as HC.

It's nice to see a new fan share the HC love! :inlove:

Although the music was "current" and more basic in production than what her newer fans were used to at the time, for me it was refreshing to hear MADONNA do a sound SHE hadn't visited in a while. Her first album was heavily R&B influenced for the time as was Bedtime Stories in the 90's, so it was good to get that R&B tinged pop album from her in the 00's. After years of the heavily layered electronic music is was a breath of fresh air to hear her sort of go back to basics.