Pharrell confirms working with Madonna Again

moe

Actually, even though he was from Sweden, Max Martin was the closest to Stock Aitken Waterman for U.S. acts.- at least in the late 90s/early to mid-2000s.

That original "Beat Goes On" has a beat too similar to "Candy Shop," so it's good that they reworked it, at least.

GREAT NEWS!! I love the songs that he produced on Hard Candy.

"She's Not Me","Beat Goes On","Give It 2 Me","Heartbeat" are classic Madonna tunes,in my opinion.

They are escapism fun but HARDLY classics. Be real!

Pharrel is a good producer but definitely not the one who could provide the MASTERPIECE she is in need. For that matter she should look for new directions as well new people, but it seems her willing to adventure has long ago dried...

Well, it gives us a reason to talk and express opinions. For example i am surprised that many people would enjoy some Pharrell tracks, i thought the opinion was going to be in another direction. These threads are cool.

I hope she names the new album Harder Candy then follows it up with another album called Rock Hard Candy and then finishes off the quadrilogy with an album called Suck My Hard Candy.

moe tends to do that alot, just copy a news story and paste it here without the source or link.

According to an Australian member of the MadonnaTribe forum, the interview is in today's edition of the Herald Sun, the most read Australian newspaper, on page 8 in the Hit supplement.

They are escapism fun but HARDLY classics. Be real!

Pharrel is a good producer but definitely not the one who could provide the MASTERPIECE she is in need. For that matter she should look for new directions as well new people, but it seems her willing to adventure has long ago dried...

I agree and I'm afraid you're right aswell.

Her fans really lowered the standards for her if they're excited about this! This is the woman that gave us LAP, ROL, Music, COADF... and people are wetting their pants over something that might turn out to be a HC v.2

I so hope this is not true!

HC was an international laugh really. I mean the album is not bad, but it's way below her standards and also Pharell is not THAT original producer any longer.

Edited by Zezwer

I hope she names the new album Harder Candy then follows it up with another album called Rock Hard Candy and then finishes off the quadrilogy with an album called Suck My Hard Candy.

:rotfl:

I remember listening to this song in my car over and over. I was hooked. :lol: Miles better than the album version.

Me too. Love it. The guitar melody was kept for the vocals on the album. Remember when I first got this and I was BEYOND excited. Really love the alternative vocals that were dropped, too. I'd be happy if she worked with Pharell again.

I agree and I'm afraid you're right aswell.

Her fans really lowered the standards for her if they're excited about this! This is the woman that gave us LAP, ROL, Music, COADF... and people are wetting their pants over something that might turn out to be a HC v.2

I so hope this is not true!

HC was an international laugh really. I mean the album is not bad, but it's way below her standards and also Pharell is not THAT original producer any longer.

I hate when people try to tell me what I like. To me Pharrell is one of the best producers she's ever worked with, he has more versatility than people realize. I'm so over arrogant fans trying to imply that anyone who likes Hard Candy is forcing themselves to. I mean REALLY....are you the music police?

Secondly, Ray Of Light started out as "Bedtime Stories Part 2" and ended being what it is. When has Madonna EVER released a "....Part 2" type of album? YEAH NEVER! So why would she start now? Even when she's worked with same producers on back to back albums they still don't sound alike.

Thirdly, HC was the 11th best selling album in the world that year and contains one of the biggest hits of her career. Also, it didn't get terrible reviews, overall it got good reviews. She's released 12 studio albums....2 of them were what could be considered "universally acclaimed" if you will....and 2 that could be considered "universally panned" (at time of releases). Without me naming them I'm sure everyone here knows what those 2 albums are and Hard Candy isn't one of them.

Ugh....you must be a fucking ray of lighter....filthy.

Guest groovyguy

And call her fans her 'Little Candies'!

I hate when people try to tell me what I like. To me Pharrell is one of the best producers she's ever worked with, he has more versatility than people realize. I'm so over arrogant fans trying to imply that anyone who likes Hard Candy is forcing themselves to. I mean REALLY....are you the music police?

Secondly, Ray Of Light started out as "Bedtime Stories Part 2" and ended being what it is. When has Madonna EVER released a "....Part 2" type of album? YEAH NEVER! So why would she start now? Even when she's worked with same producers on back to back albums they still don't sound alike.

Thirdly, HC was the 11th best selling album in the world that year and contains one of the biggest hits of her career. Also, it didn't get terrible reviews, overall it got good reviews. She's released 12 studio albums....2 of them were what could be considered "universally acclaimed" if you will....and 2 that could be considered "universally panned" (at time of releases). Without me naming them I'm sure everyone here knows what those 2 albums are and Hard Candy isn't one of them.

Ugh....you must be a fucking ray of lighter....filthy.

So angry :lmao::lmao:

And for the record, American Life sounds like Music b-sides and Madonna has never done a part two of a tour before but she did now. Coincidence? She's obviously getting complacent. I guess it takes the perceptiveness of a RAY OF LIGHTER to spot.

I don't think Erotica was universally panned. :confused:

What if she had an album that was a FLOP, but was very acclaimed. :queenbitch:

At the time of release it didn't get a lot of love, over the years it's gained credibility. Look how much her sales and airplay dropped at that time....queer music nerds may've liked it but anyone else was few and far between. She lost A LOT of her fanbase with that album. Personally, I think even WITH Sex and BOE had she made a "typical Madonna pop album" she would've kept some of those fans. *I* don't think that's what she should've done, but just observing the situation that's what it seems like to me.

And if she had a flop sales and lots of acclaim? That would be the ULTIMATE orgasm for ray of lighters....cuz then they'd look musically SMART for liking it.....better than everyone else kind of thing. Think of diehard Radiohead fan lite.

So angry :lmao::lmao:

And for the record, American Life sounds like Music b-sides and Madonna has never done a part two of a tour before but she did now. Coincidence? She's obviously getting complacent. I guess it takes the perceptiveness of a RAY OF LIGHTER to spot.

Umm...are you saying Sticky & Sweet is the part two of Confessions tour?? Because adding a SECOND LEG to the SAME TOUR isn't exactly the best analogy to use here. So try again! :)

American Life is far more "stripped" than Music.

Umm...are you saying Sticky & Sweet is the part two of Confessions tour?? Because adding a SECOND LEG to the SAME TOUR isn't exactly the best analogy to use here. So try again! :)

American Life is far more "stripped" than Music.

I meant the second leg of S&S? What does Confessions have to do with anything. And that's why I said b-sides of the Music album. The songs have the same ideas, but sound like demos.

But is Erotica a flop? It lost her a ton of sales and credibility compared to her last effort but in the grand scheme of things, it sold relatively well worldwide, much like Hard Candy (as you constantly remind us). So what makes a flop?

Truly Madonna has had no REAL flops....AL comes dangerously close but even that sold in the millions worldwide, although it did garner the worst reviews of her musical career. Why do people consider HC a major flop? I don't know how to answer your question really. I guess if it sales drastically less and has worse reviews than the album that directly preceded it, it can be called a flop??

I meant the second leg of S&S? What does Confessions have to do with anything. And that's why I said b-sides of the Music album. The songs have the same ideas, but sound like demos.

OK...the tour analogy makes no sense. She did a second leg to the same tour. It's not like she called it another name and tried to market it as a BRAND NEW TOUR. The only way what you're trying to say would make sense is if Sticky & Sweet were a carbon copy of Confessions because that was the tour PRIOR TO STICKY & SWEET. The second leg of Sticky & Sweet was still the same STICKY & SWEET! :dramatic: WTF!

And YES GSM, AL has similar elements to Music but if it had REAL bangers on it like Music, II, DTM perhaps the critical and fan reception would've been better. So obviously THERE IS A DIFFERENCE SOMEWHERE.

Mixed reviews though, certainly not UNIVERSAL negative reviews.

People say that about HC and it didn't get universal negative reviews either. However, if we HAD to pick 2 albums of Madonna's career that got the worst reviews at the time of release, what would they be? To me it's obvious. Technically, even AL got "mixed" reviews but still I'd consider it the least acclaimed album of her career.

Guest nothingfails0603

Mixed reviews though, certainly not UNIVERSAL negative reviews.

I agree. Rolling Stone gave it a glowing review when it came out I remember

Guest nothingfails0603

Why do people consider HC a major flop? I don't know how to answer your question really. I guess if it sales drastically less and has worse reviews than the album that directly preceded it, it can be called a flop??

I think the drop in US sales is what makes HC look like such a disaster. It sold 750k which isn't terrible, but for Madonna it looked worse than it really was because it was only a little bit higher than AL, even though when AL came out, sales were much higher.

I blame the fact that Madonna was everywhere in April/May 2008 but instead promoting a documentary that was still six months away from being seen instead of actually plugging her new album. Maybe if she had spent more time discussing HC (like she did with ROL or even Confessions) more people might've felt compelled to go out and buy it. It felt embarrassing seeing Mariah do Oprah and Idol the week of her albums release in 2008 while Madonna pretty much threw the album out there. Yes she toured, but like most touring acts, the people who are willing to part with $100+ to see her in concert are the people who she knows already bought a copy of the album... it's the casual people and the non-fans who might buy an album from word of mouth (which for instance boosted ROL a lot) that need the convincing, she has those who are going to buy a concert ticket at "hello".