Pharrell confirms working with Madonna Again

moe

Completely agree. Unfortunately fans who accept material like HC are the ones making Madge lazy :queenbitch:

AL is the most experimental album of Madonna's career, her most alternative - yet some fans would prefer to hear lyrics like "I got Turkish Delight baby and so much more" than to hear lyrics that are on Nothing Fails, X-Static Process etc, I guess they have a different definition of what is "artistic" :queenbitch:

There are terrible lyrics all over the AL album. Bad lyrics can work on a non-serious dance/pop song but stick out like a sore thumb on an album that is trying to be atristic and preachy.

I like that Madonna has all of the above on her musical resume. THAT'S what makes her Madonna, her versatility. She can seemingly do any style of music convincingly. Don't get me wrong, I find it awesome when she's a trendsetter and getting mad acclaim or is ahead of times with her sound but that's not what I expect out of her. I do not understand that type of mentality amongst her fans. Does it make you feel good to have bragging rights for a moment? I don't get why the music MUST be trendsetting and ahead of the times to be enjoyable. If Madonna had made Oh Father's, Frozen's, X-Static Processes and Gone's her entire career she wouldn't be Madonna. For every X-Static Process or Little Star in her catalog there is a Candy Shop or Don't Stop.

Problem is that HC is probably her first album with more or less only "Candy Shops" & "Don't Stops".. we're not talking about certain singles, but a full album full of them.

I think anyone agrees with you though that part of what makes Madonna unique is that she can handle different styles and is a versatile artist. Personally, I've got no problems with Madonna going urban-pop on us with HC, but I hate the fact that it was lazy and was an album completely "jumping on the bandwagon". She could have made urban inspired music, but with more creativity and such, now she just made a poor-mans copy of Nelly's "Loose". I mean if she worked with M.I.A's people, Mark Ronson etc. we would have got an urban-inspired album, but way more creative. Now she worked with producers who passed their "best by date" instead and now she wants to do the same mistake again??

And Pharell also passed his best by date, I think some exaggerate him actually.

Edited by Zezwer

Madonna had one cutting edge album that many here won’t consider cutting edge and that’s American Life – I hate all of you who reject this album – if she would’ve gone further with the themes and sounds she established on this album – OMG we wouldn’t be discuss her being a follower and not a trend setter.

and asking why her albums now chart outside the top 100

Problem is that HC is probably her first album with more or less only "Candy Shops" & "Don't Stops".. we're not talking about certain singles, but a full album.

I think anyone agrees that part of what makes Madonna unique is that she can handle different styles and is a versatile artist. Personally, I've got no problems with Madonna going urban-pop on us with HC, but I hate the fact that it was lazy and was an album completely "jumping on the bandwagon". She could have made urban inspired music, but with more creativity and such, now she just made a poor-mans copy of Nelly's "Loose".

How come Confessions doesn't get this when it was basically Madonna makes a Kylie album?

How come Confessions doesn't get this when it was basically Madonna makes a Kylie album?

Kylie WISHES!

I don't think Confessions was very original (apart from a couple of tracks), but it was a high quality album nevertheless and it was made in a period where this type of music weren't very big, so if you look at it that way she was kind of "ahead" because NOW dance music finally become popular again.

Although being quite typical Euro-dance music, they made it in a fresh way and it was indeed very well produced and put together. HC on the other hand was really recycling sounds of a genre that was all over the place at that time and years prior. I think also it's the Madonna album with most fillers since LAV.

Edited by Zezwer

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

And? There's shit lyrics elsewhere. And there's good and bad lyrics on HC too.

There really isn't any good lyrics on HC, the song lyrics range from candy (CS), a clock ticking (4 minutes), dog walking (voices), sex being incredible (incredible), and how to in-correctly speak spanish (spanish lesson). If you consider those "good" then I give up on you, honey :queenbitch:

There really isn't any good lyrics on HC, the song lyrics range from candy (CS), a clock ticking (4 minutes), dog walking (voices), sex being incredible (incredible), and how to in-correctly speak spanish (spanish lesson). If you consider those "good" then I give up on you, honey :queenbitch:

now I list the bad lyrics on AL etc YAWN

Devil and Voices have great lyrics, some other songs have classic 80s Madonna lyics.

now I list the bad lyrics on AL etc YAWN

Devil and Voices have great lyrics, some other songs have classic 80s Madonna lyics.

And thats a good thing? AL has lyrics which rival those on Erotica, ROL, Music etc :queenbitch:

You conveniently left out She's Not Me and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You :queenbitch:

You conveniently left out She's Not Me and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You :queenbitch:

Those are decent at best, but nothing special :queenbitch:

I'd rather hear meaningful songs than songs about turkish delight :queenbitch:

Why can't people like both AL + HC? :horn:

For me, only ROL tops these two. Just my opinion.

Yes you can like whatever you want, but for some reason some people on this board can't fathom that I don't like HC or want another HC-type album (which will happen if Pharell works on this record) :queenbitch:

Her top 5, for me:

1. ROL

2. Erotica

3. American Life

4. Like A Prayer

5. Music

<3. :queenbitch:

Yep, Gaga is a copycat, but can you blame her? its freakin' Madonna, and thats what makes Gaga smart...shes copying the best (Madonna, Bowie, Prince, Grace Jones etc), I would do the same in Gaga's position :queenbitch:

There's NO point bowing to a xerox copy; it's worth a look to ponder on the original and then off with it to the trash bin (or make use of it as an asswipe) so.. :fag:

There's NO point bowing to a xerox copy; it's worth a look to ponder on the original and then off with it to the trash bin (or make use of it as an asswipe) so.. :fag:

Gaga is inspired by many, including Madge, she doesn't copy Madonna only. :queenbitch:

And yes you will bow down to Gaga, considering she'll snatch Madonna's wig if Madge doesn't deliver with the next album (i.e. if she works with Pharell). :queenbitch:

Gaga is inspired by many, including Madge, she doesn't copy Madonna only. :queenbitch:

And yes you will bow down to Gaga, considering she'll snatch Madonna's wig if Madge doesn't deliver with the next album (i.e. if she works with Pharell). :queenbitch:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously, why would ANYONE in their right mind bow to someone like that?? :lmao:

But that's you so.. :fag:

Guest groovyguy

:rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously, why would ANYONE in their right mind bow to someone like that?? :lmao:

But that's you so.. :fag:

Yes, someone who is deluded would definitely bow down to an ugly pantomine act with hideous Halloween costume, an annoying voice singing nonsensical lyrics to a dated Ace of Base beat!

Yes, someone who is deluded would definitely bow down to an ugly pantomine act with hideous Halloween costume, an annoying voice singing nonsensical lyrics to a dated Ace of Base beat!

Oh yeah because Madonna totally hasn't took beats or lyrics *ahem*Sepheryn*ahem* :queenbitch:

Edited by Madonna Bowie Prince

Yes you can like whatever you want, but for some reason some people on this board can't fathom that I don't like HC or want another HC-type album (which will happen if Pharell works on this record) :queenbitch:

Her top 5, for me:

1. ROL

2. Erotica

3. American Life

4. Like A Prayer

5. Music

<3. :queenbitch:

I don't think anybody can't fathom that you don't like HC. What can't be fathomed is that a MADONNA fan seems to want her to be very one dimensional musically. And I'm sorry anybody who cites that hokey crap Nothing Fails as her best HAS TO GO! Candy Shop isn't trying to be serious, Nothing Fails is and it's juvenile and simple....as are many of the lyrics on AL.

I don't think anybody can't fathom that you don't like HC. What can't be fathomed is that a MADONNA fan seems to want her to be very one dimensional musically. And I'm sorry anybody who cites that hokey crap Nothing Fails as her best HAS TO GO! Candy Shop isn't trying to be serious, Nothing Fails is and it's juvenile and simple....as are many of the lyrics on AL.

As showcased by my top 5 Madonna albums I don't want Madonna to be one dimensional, however as a rational Madonna fan I know where her strengths are, musically at least, and thats with electronic pop music, thats where she shines, thats where she has created her most critically acclaimed work. Sure shes done other things successfully (the brilliant Erotica, and the fantastic LAP album)but to me Madonna is best when she works with Orbit and Mirwais, and a lot of people would agree with me on that front (and if you knew about the electronica genres you'd know its anything but one dimensional there is still a lot of stuff Madonna could have done with it if she didn't sell out with COADF) :queenbitch:

Also you speak of NF's simplicity as a bad thing, to me AL contains her last true ballads, screw this "ballad with a beat" stuff she done on HC, she isn't Whoriah Carey, she is MADONNA :queenbitch:

Edited by Madonna Bowie Prince

As showcased by my top 5 Madonna albums I don't want Madonna to be one dimensional, however as a rational Madonna fan I know where her strengths are, musically at least, and thats with electronic pop music, thats where she shines, thats where she has created her most critically acclaimed work. Sure shes done other things successfully (the brilliant Erotica, and the fantastic LAP album)but to me Madonna is best when she works with Orbit and Mirwais, and a lot of people would agree with me on that front (and if you knew about the electronica genres you'd know its anything but one dimensional there is still a lot of stuff Madonna could have done with it if she didn't sell out with COADF) :queenbitch:

Also you speak of NF's simplicity as a bad thing, to me AL contains her last true ballads, screw this "ballad with a beat" stuff she done on HC, she isn't Whoriah Carey, she is MADONNA :queenbitch:

I don't care for HC that much but it's electronic pop music. It has a R&B/hip hop influenced sound but it's still very electronic in that it has mostly computerized beats not as much live instrumentation. HC is more electronic than either LAP, AL or Music which mix in more guitars with the electronics. I guess by electronica you mean chilled out electronic beats, but that's not what electronic means to me. To me electronic means computer generated programmed beats, whether they are house, trip hop or hip hop. I would also say Erotica is a very electronic album, as is COADF. I've enjoyed a lot of Madonna's electronic albums over the years, but I feel it's time for a change. I think it would be interesting if she could incorporate more live instrumentation and more of a band sound into her music. Yes, maybe electronic music is her strength but it would be also interesting to try something different, by mixing in more live instrumentation with the electronics.

Guest Madonna's Paladin

This is seriously the most disgusting thread I've ever read on MadonnaNation. Almost every post is narrow-minded and simply vile. It's even more offensive than watching a transvestite having sex with a dog.

Pearls before the swine is the only phrase that comes to mind when I see such snide, derogatory reactions to a woman who has already given so much to the world getting ready to give even more. Fucking brats.

I like that Madonna has all of the above on her musical resume. THAT'S what makes her Madonna, her versatility. She can seemingly do any style of music convincingly. Don't get me wrong, I find it awesome when she's a trendsetter and getting mad acclaim or is ahead of times with her sound but that's not what I expect out of her. I do not understand that type of mentality amongst her fans. Does it make you feel good to have bragging rights for a moment? I don't get why the music MUST be trendsetting and ahead of the times to be enjoyable. If Madonna had made Oh Father's, Frozen's, X-Static Processes and Gone's her entire career she wouldn't be Madonna. For every X-Static Process or Little Star in her catalog there is a Candy Shop or Don't Stop.

That much is clear. Musical taste as a fashion statement, not a passion. Hence the focus on how wonderful it was that people stopped viewing her as a "talentless whore" with ROL (as if that's a legitimate reason to consider a musical work good). No one needs to like Hard Candy, but they at least need to respect it (and her); Madonna doing what she's always done, following her own heart, fuck what anyone else wants from her. There are some fans that understand that, and respond to it no matter how much they like or don't like the music she's making at any particular time (and they just hope that she'll make something that they'll like more next time). And then there are the fans that will never be able to respect Madonna unless she's doing exactly what they want her to do, who are desperate for her to have the approval of others, of the critical establishment, and of society, so that they can be proud and pretentious Madonna fans without ever having to defend her. That is the essence of a Ray of Lighter, and it shows such an ignorance of who Madonna is, what she's achieved, and the impact she's had on the world (calling Ray of Light the "defining album of her career" is just laughable :lol: If it's someone's favorite, more power to them, but everything after Blond Ambition is secondary as far as cultural impact goes). Hard Candy is Hipster Kryptonite, and I love it for that :lmao:

I guess they have a different definition of what is "artistic" :queenbitch:

One that's obviously less ethnocentric and self-centered than yours, if you believe that the thoroughly Euro material she made with Orbit or Mirwais is inherently "artistic", while music that's just as valuable in a different cultural context is "not artistic". The arrogance in that is astounding. Madonna is so many different things to so many different people. All of those roles that she plays have value (just as all people have value) and I'm thankful every day that she doesn't chase after the approval of hipsters who have a pathetic, insecurity-fueled need to feel that they have "good taste" so that they can look down on others.

Art is a journey. Ray of Light came at a very specific time, and for very specific reasons. It won't happen again, so get the fuck over it. If she wants to get her sticky and sweet self down on the dance floor these days, then that's what she's going to do, and it doesn't matter if she gets William Orbit or Mirwais or The Chemical Brothers or Brian Eno into the studio with her, that's not going to push her in an introspective direction or change the music that she's inspired to produce in any way. You'll just get an album of Madonna singing about her sticky and sweet pussy which tastes like Turkish Delight set to Orbit's beeps, bleeps, and bloops.

Pearls before the swine is the only phrase that comes to mind when I see such snide, derogatory reactions to a woman who has already given so much to the world getting ready to give even more. Fucking brats.

That much is clear. Musical taste as a fashion statement, not a passion. Hence the focus on how wonderful it was that people stopped viewing her as a "talentless whore" with ROL (as if that's a legitimate reason to consider a musical work good). No one needs to like Hard Candy, but they at least need to respect it (and her); Madonna doing what she's always done, following her own heart, fuck what anyone else wants from her. There are some fans that understand that, and respond to it no matter how much they like or don't like the music she's making at any particular time (and they just hope that she'll make something that they'll like more next time). And then there are the fans that will never be able to respect Madonna unless she's doing exactly what they want her to do, who are desperate for her to have the approval of others, of the critical establishment, and of society, so that they can be proud and pretentious Madonna fans without ever having to defend her. That is the essence of a Ray of Lighter, and it shows such an ignorance of who Madonna is, what she's achieved, and the impact she's had on the world (calling Ray of Light the "defining album of her career" is just laughable :lol: If it's someone's favorite, more power to them, but everything after Blond Ambition is secondary as far as cultural impact goes). Hard Candy is Hipster Kryptonite, and I love it for that :lmao:

One that's obviously less ethnocentric and self-centered than yours, if you believe that the thoroughly Euro material she made with Orbit or Mirwais is inherently "artistic", while music that's just as valuable in a different cultural context is "not artistic". The arrogance in that is astounding. Madonna is so many different things to so many different people. All of those roles that she plays have value (just as all people have value) and I'm thankful every day that she doesn't chase after the approval of hipsters who have a pathetic, insecurity-fueled need to feel that they have "good taste" so that they can look down on others.

Art is a journey. Ray of Light came at a very specific time, and for very specific reasons. It won't happen again, so get the fuck over it. If she wants to get her sticky and sweet self down on the dance floor these days, then that's what she's going to do, and it doesn't matter if she gets William Orbit or Mirwais or The Chemical Brothers or Brian Eno into the studio with her, that's not going to push her in an introspective direction or change the music that she's inspired to produce in any way. You'll just get an album of Madonna singing about her sticky and sweet pussy which tastes like Turkish Delight set to Orbit's beeps, bleeps, and bloops.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: