Pharrell confirms working with Madonna Again

moe

Guest groovyguy

Pearls before the swine is the only phrase that comes to mind when I see such snide, derogatory reactions to a woman who has already given so much to the world getting ready to give even more. Fucking brats.

That much is clear. Musical taste as a fashion statement, not a passion. Hence the focus on how wonderful it was that people stopped viewing her as a "talentless whore" with ROL (as if that's a legitimate reason to consider a musical work good). No one needs to like Hard Candy, but they at least need to respect it (and her); Madonna doing what she's always done, following her own heart, fuck what anyone else wants from her. There are some fans that understand that, and respond to it no matter how much they like or don't like the music she's making at any particular time (and they just hope that she'll make something that they'll like more next time). And then there are the fans that will never be able to respect Madonna unless she's doing exactly what they want her to do, who are desperate for her to have the approval of others, of the critical establishment, and of society, so that they can be proud and pretentious Madonna fans without ever having to defend her. That is the essence of a Ray of Lighter, and it shows such an ignorance of who Madonna is, what she's achieved, and the impact she's had on the world (calling Ray of Light the "defining album of her career" is just laughable :lol: If it's someone's favorite, more power to them, but everything after Blond Ambition is secondary as far as cultural impact goes). Hard Candy is Hipster Kryptonite, and I love it for that :lmao:

One that's obviously less ethnocentric and self-centered than yours, if you believe that the thoroughly Euro material she made with Orbit or Mirwais is inherently "artistic", while music that's just as valuable in a different cultural context is "not artistic". The arrogance in that is astounding. Madonna is so many different things to so many different people. All of those roles that she plays have value (just as all people have value) and I'm thankful every day that she doesn't chase after the approval of hipsters who have a pathetic, insecurity-fueled need to feel that they have "good taste" so that they can look down on others.

Art is a journey. Ray of Light came at a very specific time, and for very specific reasons. It won't happen again, so get the fuck over it. If she wants to get her sticky and sweet self down on the dance floor these days, then that's what she's going to do, and it doesn't matter if she gets William Orbit or Mirwais or The Chemical Brothers or Brian Eno into the studio with her, that's not going to push her in an introspective direction or change the music that she's inspired to produce in any way. You'll just get an album of Madonna singing about her sticky and sweet pussy which tastes like Turkish Delight set to Orbit's beeps, bleeps, and bloops.

Amen. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

Anyone is better than that Madonna Bowie Prince thing, dear. And he still does not realize that he is on my Ignore function.

You're posts....they're so riveting....so exciting...the way you put "function" in italics....genius...pure fucking genius, I am shocked at your intelligence

1z1z9t4.gif?t=1293131910

/endsarcasm :queenbitch:

What about "Miles Away" and "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You"? These songs feature profound,deeply personal lyrics that are really outstanding.I would choose those two songs over anything on American Life---an album that is preachy and not very fun.

I don't know about Miles Away, but Devil, Voices, maybe Incredible all have intriguing lyrics. Shame about the production.

Production-wise; American Life (the album) is MILES more interesting than HC ever will be.

I disagree.The production on American Life is about as interesting as a bowl of oatmeal.There's no real dance music here,just alot of boring,subdued beats,too much acoustic guitar and too many midtempo tunes.Hard Candy,at least,has alot of dancefloor grooves and hard beats,which is what I expect from a Madonna album.

Guest Madonna's Paladin

Therealejandro you mean? :sassy:

So painfully obvious :queenbitch:

I'm sure it's very convenient to imagine that I'm some familiar boogeyman, but no...there are more people willing to defend Madonna than you'd like to believe (or would like there to be).

But from the looks of it:

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=31281&st=0

Therealejandro is the worst kind of Madonna fan. He has an irrational, obsessive hatred of Lady Gaga, and you'll see no such thing coming from me. I'm a fan, can't wait for Born This Way :sassy: But I'm here for Madonna :wow: and I can't wait for new music from her, either, in whatever form it takes...I'm sorry if you don't feel the same. It's not necessary to tear any other artist down to defend Madonna's merits :vogue: I wish I was there to see the beginning of Madonna's career, but I wasn't...I didn't get onboard this train until the nineties. It's still been the ride of my life, nonetheless, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.

Madonna's Paladin.....you rock! That post a couple pages back was right on. I find it incredibly insulting that some fans imply that anybody who likes HC is forcing themselves to. AL is my least favorite Madonna album but I consider it a necessary part of of the journey at this point and I certainly don't think anybody who truly loves that album forced themselves to.

It's not about defending HC, it's about respecting Madonna's decision to do what she wants musically and realizing that my taste is not the end all be all. I find some of the "ray of lighters" :lol: in this thread incredibly arrogant and I don't see how someone can't realize that ALL of her albums are a necessary part of the journey and that she actually gains fans with each release. It's about taking her where she wants to take you as an artist not dictating and actually getting mad that she's not doing what YOU want her to do at any moment. That's loon behavior IMO. :lol:

Pharrell is a very skilled musician. I rate a lot of n.e.r.d music and a lot of neptunes projects. I love the song below. Like the funk and rock sounds melded. I loved him working with Madonna, but for me I think about the work more than those that work on it. I'm never going to get my knickers in a twist/wet myself before I hear a record. I judge THE RECORD.

A recentish song they did with Daft Punk as producers is amazing to me.

I disagree.The production on American Life is about as interesting as a bowl of oatmeal.There's no real dance music here,just alot of boring,subdued beats,too much acoustic guitar and too many midtempo tunes.Hard Candy,at least,has alot of dancefloor grooves and hard beats,which is what I expect from a Madonna album.

Eeew you just made Madonna look like Kylie/Cher in one post, like all she is is this gaytastic dancefloor artist.

Does a good production mean there's gotta be dance beats? Die Another Day is one of her coolest tracks to date, when the gospel choir part enters Nothing Fails it's one of her finest moment musically for the past decade, the stuck up guitar in I'm So Stupid and the whole weirdness of that song, the beauty of Intervention melody.

I'd say that's far more interesting that the recycled boring beat of Pharell's "Candy Shop" and those awful mess of songs called Incredible and Spanish Lesson <- Madonna had filler tracks but never as awful as those.

Edited by Zezwer

I heard on MTV News Bits Latin America that Madonna will work for Pharrell's next album, not Pharrell working with Madonna.

It's for the Neptunes next album

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I personally dont think she should work with Pharrell again on a new album, he's extremely talented its just theres a danger of sounding too generic and not Madonna-Esque at all. I find his stuff on HC a bit Nelly Furtado/Britneyish, not inspiring at all.

:queenbitch: Agreed.

i couldnt agree more about the demise of the marriage and how it undoubtedly affected her very deeply. but madonna would never lead on to her personal life like that except through her work. hard candy tells it all. miles away, shes not me, incredible, the beat goes on, voices...

her public persona is that of a super woman. rarely exhibiting weakness publicly.

people still want her to dance, sing and do everything she did at 30 years old. PUT DOWN THE GUITAR!!!! DANCE MORE!!!! SING ANGEL!!!! :rotfl:

forget her being MADONNA and turning 50. just being a woman and turning 50 in this sexist and ageist society - then add MADONNA on top of it. then cher comes off her couch after eating dominoes pizza in an outfit from 1989, as stiff as a board, and everyone screams - SHES FABULOUS!!!! imagine madonna wearing her open your heart bustier at an MTV music awards. :lol:

madonnas fans are so awful.

this is what madonna looks like at 52 without make up and she looks fantastic.

6gm1dz.jpg

So true :rotfl:

But let's not forget that some clowns here aren't even fans... If it were up to me I'd ban most of these losers!