Pharrell confirms working with Madonna Again

moe

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

The only thing that saves HC is the Prince inspired funk vibe on songs like She's Not Me (Wendy is on it for god's sake!), Dance 2night etc. If she is working with Pharell again, the only thing that can save her is if she explores that sound, but if shes going to typical pop-rnb then I doubt it'll do better than HC, commercially or critically :queenbitch:

I think it'd be best if she totally reinvents herself again, hopefully Pharell can do something different with her sound :queenbitch:

Spanish Lesson! :lmao: That's a joke of a song.

Spanish Lesson ranks up there with Dont Stop, Candy Shop, Easy Ride, and Did You Do It? as her best songs....

/sarcasm :queenbitch:

The only thing that saves HC is the Prince inspired funk vibe on songs like She's Not Me (Wendy is on it for god's sake!), Dance 2night etc.

While I actually like the entire album, I do agree that Madonna treaded (quite successfully) in to some Prince-style terrain on HC. I wouldn't mind seeing her delve further into a furious hive of electro-funk. :horny:

If that was her direction, I could see how Pharrell might fit the bill.

Spanish Lesson ranks up there with Dont Stop, Candy Shop, Easy Ride, and Did You Do It? as her best songs.... :queenbitch:

I absolutely love Dont Stop, a brilliant song.

People get so worked up about something Madonna has not even produced yet. I honestly dont give a shit who she works with, as long as she continues to make good music.

Maybe Pharell is one of the new produces she has not sucked the life from yet! Is it just me, or have many of her past producers pretty much scored their best work with her and then either faded or success with others has been harder (Willian Orbit, Stuart Price, Mirwais)?

Edited by Wright

N.E.R.D album? didnt they just release one this month?

N.E.R.D is the 3 member band.

The Neptunes is the production duo. (Pharrell and Chad Hugo.)

They've only (The Neptunes) released one album, back in 2003.

Yes, with HC both producers escored their best work before the album.

Well said!

People give Pharell too much credit, while he might be a little more versatile than Timbo, he is also recycling his sound and his prime time is long ago over.

Madonna would do better just to stay away from these producers.

Same thing would happen as with HC (being too late on the bandwagon that is), if she decided to work with RedOne, Guetta, Dr. Luke or Max Martin for instance. I really hope she won't even reflect on working with any of those people.

The only producers that are still kind of interesting out of these are Bloodshy & Avant.

Edited by Zezwer

well you are in luck if you don't like Pharrell since M usually abandons whoever she starts albums off with, usually someone from the previous.

I like some of his earlier stuff, when he was still fresh. Now I don't see how he is so much less recycling than Timbo?

Eeew you just made Madonna look like Kylie/Cher in one post, like all she is is this gaytastic dancefloor artist.

Does a good production mean there's gotta be dance beats? Die Another Day is one of her coolest tracks to date, when the gospel choir part enters Nothing Fails it's one of her finest moment musically for the past decade, the stuck up guitar in I'm So Stupid and the whole weirdness of that song, the beauty of Intervention melody.

I'd say that's far more interesting that the recycled boring beat of Pharell's "Candy Shop" and those awful mess of songs called Incredible and Spanish Lesson <- Madonna had filler tracks but never as awful as those.

'Hard Candy' isn't perfect but at least it's never boring.It's really just a fun dance/pop album with a little R&B thrown into the mix.It doesn't take itself too seriously.'American Life' is mostly dull and uninspired,with alot of preachy lyrics and bland arrangements.I rarely listen to it anymore.

Ok I love Hard Candy but I also love American Life, Hollywood being one of my fav tracks. I don't know how a simple rumour of Madonna working with a past collaborator can cause such drama :wacko: shouldn't one wait for the final product or even a demo to make such judgements?

This time the last thing she needs is a throwaway and forgetable average pop album. She needs a RELEVANT music work, because by now she is already too far away of the scene! I dont want her to slowly retire because she got out of touch in music! Id rather think she still has that IT factor that for almost 30 years distinguished herself from the others that faded away.

'Hard Candy' isn't perfect but at least it's never boring.It's really just a fun dance/pop album with a little R&B thrown into the mix.It doesn't take itself too seriously.'American Life' is mostly dull and uninspired,with alot of preachy lyrics and bland arrangements.I rarely listen to it anymore.

At least she had some creative imput in AL and the album has her own sound. And the production is, in my opinion, very good. I think that AL will be appreciated in the future.

But it's refreshing that people who defend HC as if Madonna were some kind of goddess that can't do wrong accept that they don't like other albums. And you see? Nothing happens: the hell doesn't break lose and people who love AL don't jump at your throat as if you were full of negativity.

Ok I love Hard Candy but I also love American Life, Hollywood being one of my fav tracks. I don't know how a simple rumour of Madonna working with a past collaborator can cause such drama :wacko: shouldn't one wait for the final product or even a demo to make such judgements?

Then we should close the forum and open it only when Madonna releases something new. Most of threads here are pure speculation or our own opinions.

AL >>>> HC

HC is just Madonna jumping on a bandwagon and doing more or less what everyone did before her. It's a poor man's version of Nelly's "Loose" mixed with some of Timberlake's latest effort.

Musically AL is far more interesting, lyrically both albums are equally bad.

Madonna REALLY need to step up her game this time around! She need to show us why she is Madonna and superior to the the rest.

AL >>>> HC

HC is just Madonna jumping on a bandwagon and doing more or less what everyone did before her. It's a poor man's version of Nelly's "Loose" mixed with some of Timberlake's latest effort.

Madonna REALLY need to step up her game this time around! She need to show us why she is Madonna and superior to the the rest.

EXACTLY!

:queenbitch:

AL >>>> HC

:clap:

I definitely enjoy AL more than HC, but I don't think AL is quite the masterpiece some people here think. It's not as good as LAP, ROL or Confessions which are to me her masterpieces.

But I do like the basic style of AL since that is more to my taste. It has more guitar based actual songs, rather than purely beat driven sounds. I think she had good ideas with AL both musically and lyrically but for some reason she wasn't able to fully realize them. I'd like her to try that song driven style again and maybe this time fully realize the potential of AL.