Pharrell confirms working with Madonna Again

moe

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

And what major pop stars came out with albums that sounded like Music and AL...or even ROL for that matter? I always hear how INFLUENTIAL those albums were....they were certainly critically acclaimed (minus AL) but what BIG influence did they REALLY have?

Why is it automatically assumed that because someone who likes HC and is supportive of her working with Pharrell again WANTS a HC part 2?? That's not what I want at all. You're assuming Pharrell is a one trick pony which if you know anything about him, he's not at all.

With comments like the one I bolded, ray of lighters WONDER why they get spoken to in a condescending manner?? LOL

Pharell is a one trick pony, the stuff he done on HC sound like rejects from what he worked on with Kelis years ago.

Also Madonna was on the cutting edge of electronica music back in the day, she was one of the, if not, the artist to bring that music into the mainstream market, but now shes accepting Pharrell's sloppy work instead of Orbit's masterpieces :queenbitch:

Edited by Madonna Bowie Prince

...where are the real bitches like myself? where are the people who want Madonna to make real music again like she did on LAP Erotica, ROL, Music and AL? :queenbitch:

You're too much! :rotfl: As Jay-Z once said "If you want my OLD SHIT, BUY MY OLD ALBUM."

I fail to see how anyone with good music taste would want her to make another HC, I am a proud ROLighter :queenbitch:

I fail to see how a GAGA fan has the AUDACITY to think people who like HC have bad taste in music :queenbitch:

I fail to see how a GAGA fan has the AUDACITY to think people who like HC have bad taste in music :queenbitch:

Gaga's The Fame and The Fame Monster are better than anything Madonna has released since American Life :queenbitch:

You're too much! :rotfl: As Jay-Z once said "If you want my OLD SHIT, BUY MY OLD ALBUM."

Its because of fans like you that'd accept trash like HC that has made Madonna lazy.

*puts on Ray of light* hmmm now thats what *I* call real music :queenbitch:

Pharell is a one trick pony, the stuff he done on HC sound like rejects from what he worked on with Kelis years ago.

Also Madonna was on the cutting edge of electronica music back in the day, she was one of the, if not, the artist to bring that music into the mainstream market, but now shes accepting Pharrell's sloppy work instead of Orbit's masterpieces :queenbitch:

You don't know anything about Pharrell apparently. Anybody who's informed on him wouldn't say he's a one trick pony so that part of the discussion is null and void right here. :)

Again, what songs/artists were a result of the huge influence of ROL? You're giving very general answers. As if YOU don't even believe what you're saying.

Its because of fans like you that'd accept trash like HC that has made Madonna lazy.

*puts on Ray of light* hmmm now thats what *I* call real music :queenbitch:

Well keep ROL on then....that's why she made it so you can always go back to it.

I love ROL too but GODDAMN she attracted some nasty, pretentious ass people around that time....ugh. Maybe a HC part 2 ISN'T such a bad idea cuz it'll finally weed out what's left of them.

You don't know anything about Pharrell apparently. Anybody who's informed on him wouldn't say he's a one trick pony so that part of the discussion is null and void right here. :)

Again, what songs/artists were a result of the huge influence of ROL? You're giving very general answers. As if YOU don't even believe what you're saying.

1) How ironic of you to say I am being general when you have yet to bring up any facts about Pharell being the innovative producer you claim him to be, SHOW THEM RECEIPTS :queenbitch:

2) What does it matter what albums were influenced by ROL? I never claimed ROL to be some influential album, it is Madonna's best and a masterpiece in its own right, but it didn't inspire many other artists to take the same route - and why would they? to be branded as copycats? ROL itself was influenced by other artists anyway such as Radiohead. :queenbitch:

I love Hard Candy, as a Madonna album, and as an album in general. :inlove:

It's funny how my support of the album has turned Madonna into a complacent, lazy whore. :rotfl:

Yes, now go on and listen to Candy Shop like a good little boy, I'll be basking with the glorious Ray Of Light :queenbitch:

I'll do what I always do; listen to ALL of her albums & enjoy her music for what it is. :confessions:

Quite a low standard you have :queenbitch:

1) How ironic of you to say I am being general when you have yet to bring up any facts about Pharell being the innovative producer you claim him to be, SHOW THEM RECEIPTS :queenbitch:

2) What does it matter what albums were influenced by ROL? I never claimed ROL to be some influential album, it is Madonna's best and a masterpiece in its own right, but it didn't inspire many other artists to take the same route - and why would they? to be branded as copycats? ROL itself was influenced by other artists anyway such as Radiohead. :queenbitch:

Pharrell has shown more versatility as a producer than Orbit....if you want to talk about one trick ponies. Even RAY OF LIGHTERS could barely stand the Orbit tracks on Music if you recall. Listen to Pharrell's work with Kelis, Slave by Britney, Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop, NERD's albums and Madonna's albums and none of them sound exactly alike. NATURALLY it is the same producer so some "trademarks" will be similar however they all are distinctive.

ACTUALLY you said she was "cutting edge" with ROL and brought that genre into the mainstream....so who, what and where? And for that matter what genre did she bring into the mainstream?

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I don't think Madonna was at the forefront of bringing electronic music to the masses when ROL came out, Bjork was doing it years before she did, and she was MORE none mainstream musically even though she had surprising mainstream success, which is a tricky thing to do. ROL is certainly one of the staple electronic albums of the 90's though.

As for the HC debate, 2 and a half years on and the same 3 people keep jibbering away about hating it or hating the people that hate it. Both sides are as annoying as each other. We get it folks, must the same arguments be had over and over for the next decade, some people think HC is utter shit, others think it's good, great, build a fucking bridge already.

Guest nothingfails0603

COADF is not a fun album.

It's not.

Yea, I hear all the ripping off of Joni, Kate and Tori in "I Love New York" and "Hung Up". She was going for such a serious singer-songwriter album there....

Yes, COADF has some serious tracks, but even so does HC.

ahhhh you think your so fuckin funny

well lemme tell you sumthing.

some of madonna's best albums and greatest songs were written and produced by these so called "blackies" you call them.

what are you saying, that black producers are not good enough for M? Are they not smart,creative and talented enough for ya?

I don't know what the fuck yo problem is, but this racist shit has got to stop. im sick and tired of comin up in here reading threads from left to right with negative refrences to black people.

i hope madonna sucks on a huge black dick just so she can piss you off even more!

I was mocking posters that don't want her to do anything 'black'; that should have been obvious.

HC was a Nelly Furtado wannabe album lol she hopped on the Timbaland bandwagon in 2006 - took Madge two years to catch up, Madonna use to set the trends, HC was her following trends.

I fail to see how anyone with good music taste would want her to make another HC, I am a proud ROLighter :queenbitch:

I agree!

Not that HC was bad (Madonna hasn't released a bad album yet), but it scares me that people sees Madonna as some sort of Britney nowadays.

I think it's not about "hating" music as HC, but Madonna is better than that and it amaze me how little believe even her fans has in her nowdays, settle with the idea of her doing another HC, another "trend-follwer".

Edited by Zezwer

I just want Madonna making music however she pleases.

I end up liking them ALL anyway.

She's M - A - D - O - N - N - A

MADONNA! :fag:

So if she releases an album just with 10 tracks recording her flushing her toilet you'll love it?

I thought the difference between a Madonna fan (and let's say a Mariah fan) is that we don't buy into everything?

So if she releases an album just with 10 tracks recording her flushing her toilet you'll love it?

I thought the difference between a Madonna fan (and let's say a Mariah fan) is that we don't buy into everything?

Hmm.. her recording flushing her toilet could be "avant garde" :lol:

But she OBVIOUSLY wouldn't do that no matter how you may look down on HC, now would she?

She does have songs I like way less than the others, but after all these years, she has more than proven her worth as an artist and even her "lesser" works are better than most music out there (at least to me). I appreciate that her fans hold her to a higher standard (& this is a credit to them/us as fans), but that "holding to a higher standard" is often just based on what the FAN wants. I myself have my wants/wishes for what's next. But at the end of the day my journey with her as her fan is where SHE takes me. It's been beyond wonderful so far.

Hmm.. her recording flushing her toilet could be "avant garde" :lol:

But she OBVIOUSLY wouldn't do that no matter how you may look down on HC, now would she?

She does have songs I like way less than the others, but after all these years, she has more than proven her worth as an artist and even her "lesser" works are better than most music out there (at least to me). I appreciate that her fans hold her to a higher standard (& this is a credit to them/us as fans), but that "holding to a higher standard" is often just based on what the FAN wants. In my journey with her as her fan, I go where SHE takes me. It's been beyond wonderful so far.

Well maybe she should try that? It would be original atleast :lol:

I see your point, but I don't think it's as simple as saying "what the fans wants", that just seems to be some sort of excuse used for her doing stuff like HC.

Now don't get me wrong though; I agree that generally all her albums have been good and she's better than most out there, but c'mon.. we KNOW she CAN do so much better! Don't we? Let's put aside whatever different taste we've got, I think most agree HC was under her standards.

People may not expect much from some other artists, and that's fine, but actually it's a compliment for any artist to have fans setting some sort of standard and not being satisfied with whatever, and with Madonna she's that kind of artist.

Edited by Zezwer

Well maybe she should try that? It would be original atleast :lol:

I see your point, but I don't think it's as simple as saying "what the fans wants", that just seems to be some sort of excused used for her doing stuff like HC.

Now don't get me wrong though; I agree that in generally all her albums has been good and she's better than most out there, but c'mon.. we KNOW she CAN do so much better! I mean people may not expect much from some other artists, and that's fine, but actually it's a compliment for any artist to have fans setting some sort of standards and not being satisfied with whatever, and with Madonna she's that kind of artist.

I get your point, too. Of course I want her to PUSH herself to what she's really capable of even (or ESPECIALLY) at this relatively late part of her career.. but I believe that she has ALWAYS pushed herself to do great/better work, it's just that the FANS dislike what they dislike. And she just has not disappointed me for me to tug her to a particular direction. I trust her instincts even if some fans think she's losing her grasp. I'm also just amazed and grateful that she's STILL THERE.

Pharrell has shown more versatility as a producer than Orbit....if you want to talk about one trick ponies. Even RAY OF LIGHTERS could barely stand the Orbit tracks on Music if you recall. Listen to Pharrell's work with Kelis, Slave by Britney, Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop, NERD's albums and Madonna's albums and none of them sound exactly alike. NATURALLY it is the same producer so some "trademarks" will be similar however they all are distinctive.

ACTUALLY you said she was "cutting edge" with ROL and brought that genre into the mainstream....so who, what and where? And for that matter what genre did she bring into the mainstream?

I'd rather have Orbit repeating himself than Pharell using reject beats :queenbitch:

Yes she was on the cutting edge of the mainstream electronica-pop scene but her sounds was obviously influenced by other artists like Radiohead who haden't hit the mainstream like Madonna, she was the one who brought that sound (electronica, as I have said numerous times in this thread) in 1998 into the mainstream pop scene. :queenbitch:

Again, show me why you think Pharell is such an innovative producer? I am a big Kelis fan and I can tell you he repeated himself so much with her work, all his beats sound alike, its disgusting, even Orbit's productions on Music were more creative than all of HC. :queenbitch:

r93ebm.jpg

Edited by Madonna Bowie Prince

Had GI2M and Miles Away been hit singles, I think people's opinion on Hard Candy may be different. Wish she released SNM and BGO. Those where monsters waiting to be unleashed.

I find HC to be the easiest to access especially for casual fans. I agree that Pharrell's work in HC shits over Timbaland's. I have no qualm with M working again with Pharrell as I have always liked his work with other artists.