Pharrell confirms working with Madonna Again

moe

Guest nothingfails0603

people keep acting like HC was a return to "fun" after a decade of serious music... what about Confessions? Sure it had Isaac and a couple other "serious" songs (but hell, can't we say the same about Devil Wouldn't Recognize You or Miles Away?) but most of it was fun frivolous dance-pop songs like Hung Up, Sorry, ILNY, Jump, Get Together, Future Lovers and the sort. Confessions was her "fun" album for European audiences (as dance-pop in America was non-existant in 2005) and HC was her "fun" album for US audiences. COADF was certainly closer to HC in spirit than it was AL or ROL.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

people keep acting like HC was a return to "fun" after a decade of serious music... what about Confessions? Sure it had Isaac and a couple other "serious" songs (but hell, can't we say the same about Devil Wouldn't Recognize You or Miles Away?) but most of it was fun frivolous dance-pop songs like Hung Up, Sorry, ILNY, Jump, Get Together, Future Lovers and the sort. Confessions was her "fun" album for European audiences (as dance-pop in America was non-existant in 2005) and HC was her "fun" album for US audiences. COADF was certainly closer to HC in spirit than it was AL or ROL.

Exactly, to me Hard Candy is just the urabn-ized version of COADF, only not as good. I mean the similarities between Hung Up and 4 Minutes, lyrically at least, are obvious.

i was JUST having this conversation today and used live to tell as an example, as well. she was americas sweetheart but the bad girl version americas sweetheart. dont you think?

Definitely. The girl america loves to hate

COADF is the perfect balance of fun and serious all wrapped in a pretty little bow of catchy beats.

Pretty little bow? More like laced with crack and a smack in the face at the end. :thumbsup:

It's her greatest concept album.

:electropop:

You always have some smart ass retort to my comments.

Sorry we aren't all as smart and well informed musically as you. What do you listen to Ray Of Light, Bjork, Tori Amos and Radiohead 24/7....with some lite Gaga thrown in so you don't look TOO MUCH like a douche and maybe a little cool?

What's :electropop: is that you are so one track minded that you can't possibly even comprehend that someone could like Like A Virgin over Ray Of Light...dum da dum dum.

COADF has some fun moments, but overall it's FAR from being a 'fun' album. It contains many dark undertones.

Exactly! COADF has never been this "all dance, no messages" record that it was promoted as. COADF is a really MOODY album. I think it was GetUnconscious who mentioned this, but it's one of those albums that you can sleep to and dance to.

Plus COADF was just an extension of the electronic sound of ROL, Music and AL. HC brought a totally different sound FOR HER to the table.

HC was a Nelly Furtado wannabe album lol she hopped on the Timbaland bandwagon in 2006 - took Madge two years to catch up, Madonna use to set the trends, HC was her following trends.

I fail to see how anyone with good music taste would want her to make another HC, I am a proud ROLighter :queenbitch:

Liking HC is synonymous with having bad taste? :rotfl:What the fuck ever.

:queenbitch: Anyone who thinks HC is up to standard for a Madonna album has got to be kidding themselves.

I didn't know there were so many HC stans here, where are the real bitches like myself? where are the people who want Madonna to make real music again like she did on LAP Erotica, ROL, Music and AL? :queenbitch:

HC was a Nelly Furtado wannabe album lol she hopped on the Timbaland bandwagon in 2006 - took Madge two years to catch up, Madonna use to set the trends, HC was her following trends.

I fail to see how anyone with good music taste would want her to make another HC, I am a proud ROLighter :queenbitch:

And what major pop stars came out with albums that sounded like Music and AL...or even ROL for that matter? I always hear how INFLUENTIAL those albums were....they were certainly critically acclaimed (minus AL) but what BIG influence did they REALLY have?

Why is it automatically assumed that because someone who likes HC and is supportive of her working with Pharrell again WANTS a HC part 2?? That's not what I want at all. You're assuming Pharrell is a one trick pony which if you know anything about him, he's not at all.

With comments like the one I bolded, ray of lighters WONDER why they get spoken to in a condescending manner?? LOL

NOW you may put on your Who's That Girl soundtrack CD.

How did you know that. :lol:

:queenbitch: Anyone who thinks HC is up to standard for a Madonna album has got to be kidding themselves.

I didn't know there were so many HC stans here, where are the real bitches like myself? where are the people who want Madonna to make real music again like she did on LAP Erotica, ROL, Music and AL? :queenbitch:

HERE!