Pharrell confirms working with Madonna Again

moe

Speaking from a Miami studio, Williams reels off an equally jam-packed calendar for 2011.

"I’ve just been all over the place from project to project. Right now I’m working on lil’ Neptunes music," he says. "And there’s another Despicable Me. We’ve also got some stuff going on with Madonna."

(they could be working on anything, not just music)

Better than Timbaland, I suppose- but, would rather no repeats/mainstream collaborators. If so, though, let's make something a little more inspired than some of the HC stuff (a few tracks excluded,of course).

And PLEASE- no lyrics that make references to sugar being raw or her booty getting down.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I like him, so i won't jump to conclusions, but hopefully she gets in some fresher meat for this, or at least slightly unused meat. I was hoping for a different direction, sigh.

Guest northernlad

Eh. Not worth commenting on really... who knows if any work with him will even end up on an album that's at least a year away. He could just be doing some score work on her new film.

Why are people unquestionably accepting this as fact? There wasn't even a source provided.

I'm not so convinced of the authenticity, turns out it comes from a shit blog, dubious at best - http://thehung-up.blogspot.com/2010/12/on-and-on-on-beat-goes.html

Don't know where they got THAT second hand info from, but it's the only place that reports it.

Well, if this is true since I can NOT find a source for it anywhere, than FUCK YES!!!!!!!

They collaborated soooo well. I'm so glad they fought during Hard Candy and the fact that Pharrell made M cry. She is gonna take control next time they work together. It's gonna be sooo good.

If it is true, I am (cautiously) disappointed. Obviously anything can happen in the beginning, and I liked his work on Hard Candy, but I was hoping for a new sound. :confused:

Maybe Guy Oseary has just put out a call to a lot of producers to submit demos. After all, William Orbit said he submitted tracks for Celebration consideration - but didn't make the cut.

Guest northernlad

William Orbit said he submitted tracks for Celebration consideration - but didn't make the cut.

God... how awful must they have been.

Madonna's next album will be met with critics and journalists asking is there a place in pop music for a fifty something mother of four in the age of Gaga :bow: Beyonce, Rhianna, Katy et al. The only way she can prove that there is, is to deliver a MASTERPIECE and this doesn't bode well for that happening. I've been saing for years now, Guy Oseary is a CRAP manager and has allowed heer to ruin her brand, reputation and artistic integrity.

Madonna's next album will be met with critics and journalists asking is there a place in pop music for a fifty something mother of four in the age of Gaga :bow: Beyonce, Rhianna, Katy et al. The only way she can prove that there is, is to deliver a MASTERPIECE and this doesn't bode well for that happening. I've been saing for years now, Guy Oseary is a CRAP manager and has allowed heer to ruin her brand, reputation and artistic integrity.

THIS. :thumbsup:

As long as they’re not making HC II – there’s no reason for them not work together. Good to hear some music news but let’s remember this is early Madonna new music news – which is very much subject to change at the whim of Madonna.

She will move on to different producers I'm sure. Isn't this what she always does , beginning a new album with the producer of the previous one?

They did some of the best tracks on HC together. I actually think they could do good stuff together if she worked with him for a full album. Like Salaman said above though, it's not unusual for her to start a project with someone and then it turns into something completely different with someone else.

Ray Of Lighters don't throw in the towel just yet.....the ROL sessions started with Babyface and look how that turned out! :D To quote one of her brilliant tracks "there's hope yet".

Guest nothingfails0603

Guy is the ultimate "yes man" who wants to market Madonna out like she's Gene freaking Simmons. I wouldn't put it past him that he's tried to convince Madonna into doing a holiday album and a standards record by now.