Tour performances you do NOT like

Crystal Coffin

Guest Pud Whacker

I find Material Girl on BAT hilarious.

I don't know why everyone hates Reinvention so much. There's some crappy performances but the overall I enjoy it.

RIT material girl is my all time favorite material girl - EVER.

xo

I still adore DWT- love the f-you attitude she had going on at the time.

re-Invention, she did stage some of the classics "lazily"- but still loved seeing/hearing a number of classics she hadn't done live in eons. It was a tour for Madonna to reconnect with the classic Madonna era that she often tried to evade. I always say that we're spoiled because Madonna's the kind of entertainer who usually brings excitement and freshness to stage performances. So when she does nothing special but stand there, strum the guitar, or whatever, it's a "letdown." Fact is, a lot of other acts do that kind of thing all the time (offering nothing special in terms of staging), but big fans of those acts are accustomed to that. Maybe for some acts, the voice compensates for just standing there, but Madonna can't rely on the power of her voice (usually) to evoke passionate response from people- the "spectacle" definitely adds to the allure.

While one may not like DWT...it's THE TOUR that proved to people that she's far from being an '80s relic.

I agree in retrospect, that tour the way it was done was kind of necessary at that point after not touring for 8 years. Although many in the audience at DWT shows may've found it pretentious or even boring, the NEW Milleniadonna had to prove herself as a live performer for all her new little ray of lighters. :D Although a RIT type tour would've been more crowd pleasing at the time....we see how that show has aged amongst fans and personally I always felt she was going through the motions on some of the oldie performances on RIT....Express Yourself, Papa Don't Preach etc....yeah it was cool hearing the songs live but the obvious PASSION of her performances of the AL songs outshone the oldies anyways for me (for the most part).

I agree in retrospect, that tour the way it was done was kind of necessary at that point after not touring for 8 years. Although many in the audience at DWT shows may've found it pretentious or even boring, the NEW Milleniadonna had to prove herself as a live performer for all her new little ray of lighters. :D Although a RIT type tour would've been more crowd pleasing at the time....we see how that show has aged amongst fans and personally I always felt she was going through the motions on some of the oldie performances on RIT....Express Yourself, Papa Don't Preach etc....yeah it was cool hearing the songs live but the obvious PASSION of her performances of the AL songs outshone the oldies anyways for me (for the most part).

I LOVE "Mother and Father" on RIT!

Everyone else probably likes this, but the only performance that immediately comes to mind is Like A Virgin in the Girlie show. I know it's supposed to be funny, but I hate the German accent and the slowed down tempo. I wanted to hear it closer to the original version. Thank God she redeemed herself by doing it the right way on Confessions.

I don't like it either. CRINGE-TASTIC

I LOVE "Mother and Father" on RIT!

Me too! One of her greatest vocal performances on tour IMO. In fact, the only AL track that didn't get improved live for me was DAD. Even NF which I find cringetastic on record is decent live.

Me too! One of her greatest vocal performances on tour IMO. In fact, the only AL track that didn't get improved live for me was DAD. Even NF which I find cringetastic on record is decent live.

IMO these tracks were improved live, on DWT:

"Gone"

"Nobody's Perfect"

"Impressive Instant"

"Candy Perfume Girl"

"Mer Girl"

"Lo Que Siente La Mujer"

"You'll See"

WHAT??????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE NOT TALKED IN YEARS AND TODAY YOU GAVE ME THAT STATEMENT?????????????????????????

:hurt:

:inlove: Missed u too cutie...

Ok, I said that mostly to get a reaction out of you cause I know how much you love DWT but having said that, it is my least favorite tour. I honestly do not watch ANY of the performances from that tour anymore whenever I want a live Madonna fix. the whole stage persona at the time just wasn't workin for me - sorry. And yes, I got what it was about but as someone said, it wasn't a concert. It was Madonna performing TO the audience, rather than getting them to join WITH her. I remember at the time Janet was also on tour and I went to see her show soon after Madonna's show. And while I gave Madonna credit for doing what she wanted and not performing any of her big hits, I had much more fun at Janet's show (God, did I just type that?).

Anyway, love her always and forever but if DWT was forgotten as part of her canon, I wouldn't notice or care. There, flame away!

:inlove: Missed u too cutie...

Ok, I said that mostly to get a reaction out of you cause I know how much you love DWT but having said that, it is my least favorite tour. I honestly do not watch ANY of the performances from that tour anymore whenever I want a live Madonna fix. the whole stage persona at the time just wasn't workin for me - sorry. And yes, I got what it was about but as someone said, it wasn't a concert. It was Madonna performing TO the audience, rather than getting them to join WITH her. I remember at the time Janet was also on tour and I went to see her show soon after Madonna's show. And while I gave Madonna credit for doing what she wanted and not performing any of her big hits, I had much more fun at Janet's show (God, did I just type that?).

Anyway, love her always and forever but if DWT was forgotten as part of her canon, I wouldn't notice or care. There, flame away!

I remember Janet played her AFY tour just 1 week after Madonna came to my area with DWT. I had already seen Janet on her two previous tours so I skipped out on her and went and saw Madonna twice since I had never seen her before. I did know several people who went to both shows though and the opinion I heard the most was the opinion you just shared. Most of them thought Madonna had some balls to do that type of non-audience friendly show but they had more fun at Janet's show because it felt like a "concert" and they actually knew all the songs. Let's face it, as you mentioned, Madonna could've done that show with nobody in the audience and it still would've been the exact same show.

...it is my least favorite tour. I honestly do not watch ANY of the performances from that tour anymore whenever I want a live Madonna fix. the whole stage persona at the time just wasn't workin for me - sorry. And yes, I got what it was about but as someone said, it wasn't a concert. It was Madonna performing TO the audience, rather than getting them to join WITH her.

That's how I feel. I love the DWT, but it's a obligatory love. :chuckle:

Janet always puts on "greatest hits" tours, so her tour probably was pleasing to the casual audience/concertgoer.

I love DWT not out of anything obligatory, but I genuinely loved seeing it live and seeing music from ROL and Music performed. Act 2 alone made it epic.

are we talkingabout madonna? Like a virgin from The girlie show, the idea is good if you sing the actual song after that...express yourself rom RIT, it has the same arrangements than the IC version, it just sounds lazy, and the dance moves aren´t very inpired either