Tour performances you do NOT like

Crystal Coffin

It's easy to say in hindsight which performances I do not like but (and this will make me sound like a loon), I honestly haven't disliked any performance when I've seen it live at the concert. I've always been so caught up in the atmosphere and enjoying myself and in awe that it is Madonna that I end up on a high when the gig is over anyway and whilst I'll have favourites there wouldn't be any one song I'd say "YUCK!" about. And I've been to all the tours (except Virgin).

Actually I tell a lie. I absolutely hated "The Funny Song"; and I still remember thinking, "What the fuck is this?" when she was singing it. It was awkward and actually quite uncomfortable to watch.

BA- Sooner Or Later Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DWT-Human Nature (Hated it but she more than made up for it by performing You'll See)

RIT- Frozen, Mother and Father, Imagine

Confessions-Ray Of Light

SS-Ray of Light, Human Nature

Everyone else probably likes this, but the only performance that immediately comes to mind is Like A Virgin in the Girlie show. I know it's supposed to be funny, but I hate the German accent and the slowed down tempo. I wanted to hear it closer to the original version. Thank God she redeemed herself by doing it the right way on Confessions.

BA- Sooner Or Later Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DWT-Human Nature (Hated it but she more than made up for it by performing You'll See)

RIT- Frozen, Mother and Father, Imagine

Confessions-Ray Of Light

SS-Ray of Light, Human Nature

You not a fan of hn_12.gif Scrappy?

Everyone else probably likes this, but the only performance that immediately comes to mind is Like A Virgin in the Girlie show. I know it's supposed to be funny, but I hate the German accent and the slowed down tempo. I wanted to hear it closer to the original version. Thank God she redeemed herself by doing it the right way on Confessions.

Not a fan of it myself. It was quite bizarre to watch, difficult to even know what song she was doing. But then later on I thought it's only LAV.. though Confessions shows how good that song can be.

I guess I'm in the minority but I loved the cheesy MG from the BA Tour

The Funny Song could have fucked off and the space used for something useful but I suppose she thought the show needed a light moment

All of DWT - worst tour she has ever put on. Haven't seen so many people sitting or dozing off at a show since...well...never! Almost lost me as a fan until she hit us with RIT which redeemed her.

WHAT??????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE NOT TALKED IN YEARS AND TODAY YOU GAVE ME THAT STATEMENT?????????????????????????

:hurt:

Yeah, I "get it" but I just can't stand that performance. It's one of the few Madonna performances EVER I can say that about. Clever idea HORRIBLE HORRIBLE execution and nearly unbearable to my ears. Especially considering the prior tour performance of LAV was so EPIC and LEGENDARY.

In fact, GS as a whole flows great and I like the concept but I'm sorry......A LOT of those performances just BORE ME. I guess it's because I was never huge on the Erotica album. Like always though she did manage to improve some of the album versions with the live versions....Fever, Bye Bye Baby, In This Life and Why's It So Hard (although I enjoy album version too) immediately come to mind.

All of DWT - worst tour she has ever put on. Haven't seen so many people sitting or dozing off at a show since...well...never! Almost lost me as a fan until she hit us with RIT which redeemed her.

Even though I absolutely adore that tour, it's not hard to see why someone would feel the way you do about it. I went to 2 DWT dates and I can distinctly remember people just sitting down completely silent during quite a few numbers.....like awkwardly quiet.....like I felt bad for her kind of thing...lol. Let's be honest here, for a lot of the audience members who were more "Immaculate Collection" type fans of Madonna or the ones who wanted to go just to see MADONNA in the flesh had to be terribly bored with stuff like Mer Girl and Gone in place of classics. DWT was a great show but in many ways I guess it was a terrible concert....if that makes sense.

Just like Who's That Boy, you're another nasty, wicked, and sick cunt! :)

TGS is zillion times better than BAT, it's not boring at all.

:shock:

I AM SHOCKED AND APPALLED AT THE TONE YOU ARE TAKING WITH ME!! You used to be so sweet!! LOL

:inlove:

I don't mean to make it sound like I think it's awful, I really don't at all in fact it's a zillion times better than most concerts PERIOD. I will say this...GS doesn't have as many moments that have become cheesy with age like BAT does. I watched BA all the way through for the first time in a while about a month ago and I was kind of surprised at how many of the performances just aren't as HOT as they once were. Sorry to say though that the highs of BA completely DEMOLISH the highs of GS. :sneaky:

Sorry to say though that the highs of BA completely DEMOLISH the highs of GS. :sneaky:

Now THAT I can agree, to a certain extent. The entire church segment is legendary, it's quite possibly the GREATEST THING SHE HAS EVER DONE LIVE. "Live to Tell"/"OH Father" -- that's how a medley should be done. :wow:

On a whole, though, TGS wins.

It's easy to say in hindsight which performances I do not like but (and this will make me sound like a loon), I honestly haven't disliked any performance when I've seen it live at the concert. I've always been so caught up in the atmosphere and enjoying myself and in awe that it is Madonna that I end up on a high when the gig is over anyway and whilst I'll have favourites there wouldn't be any one song I'd say "YUCK!" about. And I've been to all the tours (except Virgin).

This, with the exception of Human Nature on S&S - I knew at the time I'd be skipping that one on the DVD.

How could we forget. Imagine and The Funny Song pissed me off because she has so much that gets left out and I'm not just talking about the classics. To think that TFS was the only time we got to hear a new song on a tour. :manson:

Poor brave Kylie has always debuted new songs on tour, hasn't she? :rotfl:

Poor brave Kylie has always debuted new songs on tour, hasn't she? :rotfl:

Wasn't Crapper Than Today going to be HUGE :lmao:

Back to Madonna, people who saw the first part of the WTG tour would have seen new songs as the soundtrack wasn't released until July so WTG, Causing A Commotion and The Look Of Love were still in the can during the Japanese and US dates. :wow:

Back to Madonna, people who saw the first part of the WTG tour would have seen new songs as the soundtrack wasn't released until July so WTG, Causing A Commotion and The Look Of Love were still in the can during the Japanese and US dates. :wow:

WHOA!! :wow:

Guest bluejean

I find Material Girl on BAT hilarious.

I don't know why everyone hates Reinvention so much. There's some crappy performances but the overall I enjoy it.