Tour performances you do NOT like

Crystal Coffin

Madonna: Re-Done and Re-Cycled Mini Concert 2012

1. "Holiday" (Music era gigs version)

2. "Music" (RIT/Live 8 version)

3. "Ray of Light" (with guitar, post-Live 8 version)

4. "Like a Prayer" (the bland country version)

5. "La Isla Bonita" (Pala Tute version)

6. "Hung Up" (2005 routine)

It's a lack lustre song and shouldn't have made the set list. It works very well as a piece of mood music in the movie but that's it, it doesn't stand up as a song in its own way the way something like Time Stood Still does. She should have done Crazy For You at that point in the show.

I kind of agree with that. It IS a piece of mood music and not quite suitable for a tour, but it was a great performance.

I don't think Time Stood Still is all that either, tbh.

GI2M is already an oldie but goodie from the past decade, dear.

Music as well! God I'm sick of that song, I've started to dislike it more and more the more I hear it. You're right about that one - it's the new La Isla!

I will say Confessions was one time I liked it.

suicide+hanging.jpg

Music as well! God I'm sick of that song, I've started to dislike it more and more the more I hear it. You're right about that one - it's the new La Isla!

I will say Confessions was one time I liked it.

I love every version of "Music", actually :lol: It's bigger than HU, IMO.

:rotfl:

That's almost as good as your classic proposed Celebration tracklisting.

Oh My God I just remembered.

IMAGINE. Worst thing EVER performed on a stage by Madonna. Like the horifically cheesy, dated and naive song wasn't enough, her cheesy, tinny performance just made it unbearable. Just a trainwreck on all levels. Even her own earnest, heal the world song hey You was a million times better than that cornball piece of crap.

Oh My God I just remembered.

IMAGINE. Worst thing EVER performed on a stage by Madonna. Like the horifically cheesy, dated and naive song wasn't enough, her cheesy, tinny performance just made it unbearable. Just a trainwreck on all levels. Even her own earnest, heal the world song hey You was a million times better than that cornball piece of crap.

That needs to be erased completely. The fact that I hate The Beatles/John Lennon made it even worse.

I love WTG listening back to it now. But THOSE costumes :yowza: they were always my least fave. Not sure what they were going with with the whole Dame Edna look.

People negatively commented on her looks then at the time, but fortunately she came back all glam with LAP. :sassy::queenbitch:

I can't listen to the WTG performance of Live to Tell.

I know it's raw vocals, but GOD DAMN. :rotfl:

Yeah, but regardless, that's one reason to love WTG.. ALL LIVE! With a great band. One of only a handful of Fadge tours that can boast that.

That LTT cum AIDS metaphor was a tad drawn out and melodramatic, not what people expected from her back then, they wanted the fluffy disco queen.

Yeah, but regardless, that's one reason to love WTG.. ALL LIVE! With a great band.

That's why It's REVERED in my Madonna book. No over the top gimmicks , just her and the microphone. Her voice and her moves. 100% MADONNA :wow:

Maybe she felt she had to prove herself, that she was a legit singer in the 80s with all the criticism she faced and then she could focus on the spectacle and do tours she wanted. She had a few years of proving herself and building up the hits which gave her the license to do anything, it was all carefully planned.

I also think the divorce from Sean was freeing.. she was pretty conservative in the mid-80s, the blatantly sexual instead of just teasing Madonna didn't appear till LAP, specifically the blonde in Express Yourself which became about her most famous look since she appeared again in Vogue.

All of DWT - worst tour she has ever put on. Haven't seen so many people sitting or dozing off at a show since...well...never! Almost lost me as a fan until she hit us with RIT which redeemed her.

:chuckle: