Santa Baby!

jonski43

Just realised no one's posted anything about Santa Baby this year so what the hell. I wonder how this would have performed if it had been released with Supernatural on the B-side. It would have been very welcome in the barren period of 1988. Love it or loathe it, here we go folks.

I have a post in the Charts section. :)

Would have been cool if, sometime through the years, M would have shot a video for it. Not like it would require a huge budget or anything.

Madge's version is cute and fun- nothing more, nothing less. other covers adhere to the Earth version, but I like that Madge made it more playful and breezy.

Who said it was sexy? It's Betty Boopish- and she wasn't exactly "sexy," was she? (Well, maybe to some...) I could see how some may find it annoying, though.

Madge's version was No. 52 on Billboard's Hot 100 Holiday Songs (for the three-month period of 10/5/09-1/3/10)

Ms. Kitt's, naturally, is the sexiest, hands down. Most of the covers that follow her lead don't come close.

And, indeed, she also resurrected Ms. Boop somewhat for MG at BAT. She also used a "cutesy" voice for MG on the WTG Tour, as well.

Just realised no one's posted anything about Santa Baby this year so what the hell. I wonder how this would have performed if it had been released with Supernatural on the B-side. It would have been very welcome in the barren period of 1988. Love it or loathe it, here we go folks.

No. Not only cause this and "Supernatural" are better left as rarities, but part of the reason LAP was so genius was the big break she had (in reality it was September 1987-March 1989). She needed that year off to make the impact of her comeback even greater - and this was pre-internet with little news so it felt even longer.

And we have the ROCK version on RIT :rotfl:

I actually rather liked that. :rotfl: Not cause it was great or anything cause it wasn't, just that it was such a huge and pleasant surprise that she did this at all after years of badmouthing it.

The real bit of genius on that tour though was "Burning Up" :bow: that is one of the only songs that lends itself, nay demands, a rock version.

I actually rather liked that. :rotfl: Not cause it was great or anything cause it wasn't, just that it was such a huge and pleasant surprise that she did this at all after years of badmouthing it.

The real bit of genius on that tour though was "Burning Up" :bow: that is one of the only songs that lends itself, nay demands, a rock version.

:zombie:

"Candy Perfume Girl" is the best live rock track by far. "Hung Up" being the worst.

Guest Pud Whacker

It's staggeringly bad. The "playful cutesy BETTEH BOOPEH" vocals failed to work, it's a mess.

i dont care what you think of it, you torn anus. it was fab when it was released in 87 and i still love when i hear it around xmas time.

EAT IT!!!