A full DVD rip of the American Life (Director's Cut) video has leaked

svperstar

She should have released this video. At least, the boycott would have been on full and she could have profited later from it, as Dixie Chicks did. But at the end, there was silence from radiostations but the feeling that she had no guts to go further. Pity.

Thanks much, svper.

Would be cool if there was version a HQ version that concludes with the grenade being caught by "George Bush," and includes the image of M from the screens, putting her hands over her ears, and then him using it to light the cigar. That would be the ultimate version.

Guest Pud Whacker

american life (the video) sucks. im glad the fans love it but i question if they would love it as much if it hadnt been forbidden and left off dvd collections and such.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

It's never been one of my favorite videos of hers as far as the look of it. But I love the fact that she took a risk with it and I like the messages it's sending. I think that's why I lost a bit of respect for her when she pulled it. I understand her reasons based on the McCarthy-esque climate of the time but her album tanked anyways so she should've just let it stand. After some time she would've been regarded as being ahead of the game with her anti-war criticism.

Guest Pud Whacker

It's never been one of my favorite videos of hers as far as the look of it. But I love the fact that she took a risk with it and I like the messages it's sending. I think that's why I lost a bit of respect for her when she pulled it. I understand her reasons based on the McCarthy-esque climate of the time but her album tanked anyways so she should've just let it stand. After some time she would've been regarded as being ahead of the game with her anti-war criticism.

I get what youre saying but it was the peak of the internet and we all saw it and it was everywhere, so thats where i get lost. it just made it an immediate fan favorite by pulling it. you know, for the simpletons.

Why are people judging her decision to pull the video? She has children to protect. Americans (especially the gun toting) are sick, and during that time would make no bones about attempting to harm her or anyone she loved.

I get what youre saying but it was the peak of the internet and we all saw it and it was everywhere, so thats where i get lost. it just made it an immediate fan favorite by pulling it. you know, for the simpletons.

I was lucky enough to see the video 5 times on tv. No internet. :thumbsup:

american life (the video) sucks. im glad the fans love it but i question if they would love it as much if it hadnt been forbidden and left off dvd collections and such.

"Everybody" being left off the Celebration DVD was a much greater tragedy. :thumbsup: