Confessions Tour Billboard Boxscore Thread

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Guest northernlad

Live Nation excludes Texas on many of their major arist outings, those venues may be dominated by another promoter, and in the last few years despite its tremendous population Texas has fallen behind in the concert markets. But whoever suggested Kansas City & Memphis is a bit misguided, if she was willing to do one night stands at more cities instead of her usual block schedule that would be possible, but with her limited schedule (60 dates - 3.5 months) it's not reasonable. She'll probably hit the road at least twice more, Dallas or Houston will eventually end up on the roll.

Guest espio98
Again, the primary motive behind her scheduling is based around her family. She selects cities that are within flying distance of her homes in L.A. and New York so she can sleep in her own bed at night.

I mean let's look...

L.A. (her home)

Las Vegas (less than an hour flight to L.A.)

San Jose (90 minute flight to L.A.)

Fresno (less than an hour flight to L.A.)

Phoenix (90 minute flight to L.A.)

Chicago (she actually stayed over here I think)

Montreal (hotel stay)

Hartford (less than an hour flight to NYC)

NYC (her home)

Boston (1 hour flight to NYC)

Philadelphia (less than an hour flight to NYC)

Atlantic City (less than an hour flight to NYC)

Miami (she usually stays with friends)

The tour is designed so that the kids stay at home in L.A. while she does the first set of dates, then they probably got a vacation with Mom in Chicago and Montreal while she performed. Then it was home to NYC as M did her next slew of dates. Then it will be off to Miami to stay with friends and another vaca before heading off to home in London.

And all of the European dates seem to within a 90 minute flight time, except for Prague and Moscow (where she may stay over, which is why they are together at the end) and Rome, which is only for 1 show so she could still fly in and out the same day easily.

She limits her time away from her home bases to avoid it affecting her family. Now she could very well have done Dallas or Houston instead of Chicago or Montreal, but I would imagine she has a bigger fanbase in Chicago and likely feels more comfortable there (there's a big Kaballah center she likes to visit), and a Canada stop was a must, although she could've flown in and out of Montreal since it's only an hour flight from NYC. But I guess she wanted to spend a little time in that lovely city.

:wow: You found all that out?

Guest jamesshot

Well the family thing makes sense but it wouldnt kill her to do 2 nights in either Dallas or Houston.

Guest MusicLife

We seem to going off the main topic here people the

Confessions Tour Billboard Boxscore, let's get it back on track

We seem to going off the main topic here people the

Confessions Tour Billboard Boxscore, let's get it back on track

it would really help if we have new stats from Billboard... when will there be a new one again?

Again, the primary motive behind her scheduling is based around her family.

How odd, you said just a few posts before thta the primary motive behind her scheduling was that her fanbase lies in these areas. Make up your mind.

But, really, even this doesn't hold much water. It's clear that's she's staying the general area of her homes, but she's stayed in hotels for a number of these cities. That much can be gathered from press clippings from the past couple tours and the documentary.

The NY info probably won't be released until after she doess the 2 remaining shows. So, not too much to report on until then. We may see the NY, Philly and Boston info reported together, at the least.

CT was before NY, and that already was reported.

The NY info probably won't be released until after she doess the 2 remaining shows. So, not too much to report on until then. We may see the NY, Philly and Boston info reported together, at the least.

Then the NY numbers will be huge :D

Guest Topaz Scorpio
How odd, you said just a few posts before thta the primary motive behind her scheduling was that her fanbase lies in these areas. Make up your mind.

I offered a possible explanation to why she may skip over the South in the first question, and explained in detail why she chose the citites she did on this tour in response to this other question. Please read more carefully before jumping down people's throats.

It's all speculation anyway unless we hear it from the mouths of Madonna or her management. The family thing HAS been alluded to by Madonna herself and confirmed in the sense that we have numerous reports of her flying to her homes at night after shows.

My thoughts exactly. I am guessing we are probably in for ONE more update (before she hits Europe anyway) that will contain the remaining U.S. dates altogether. I'm really anxious to see the grosses for the stadiums in Europe and Japan - they'll be massive, I'm sure.

There were LOTS of tickets still for sale through third party ticket vendors and Ebay (and for much higher prices). My guess is the tickets did sell through Ticketmaster, but those hoping to scalp them failed to unload them prior to the concert. Just a possibility no one has suggested yet.

That and people that may have got tickets and are from other cities where she isn't going and at last minute had problems to go. On the Drowned World Tour a friend of mine had tickets for Barcelona for her and her sister and couldn't make it there. And tickets were for both nights so 2 empty places on each night but tickets did sell.

If I recall, the re-Invention NY numbers were around $13 million-$14 million, so, with ticket prices higher this time around, it should top that.

Good memory! :)

Re-Invention Tour in NYC (Boxscore):

# 1 Madonna @ Madison Square Garden (NYC, NY)

June 16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 24 (6 shows, 6 sellouts)

88,625/88,625

$12,674,925 ($300/45)

ClearChannel Entertainment

This time around with the Confessions Tour, she grossed about $700,000 MORE at L.A.'s Forum (playing to 3,000 fewer people no less) and $250,000 more at the MGM Garden (to about 1,000 fewer fans). San Jose's shows (this time) made about $532,000 more together, although last time she did do three show in that market so the overall total there was obviously higher.

Madonna

TD Banknorth Garden

Boston, Mass.

July 6, 9-10, 2006

$6,337,115

36,741 / 36,741

3 / 3

$350, $55

The Next Adventure

Madonna

Wachovia Center

Philadelphia, Pa.

July 12-13, 2006

$4,639,775

29,749 /

2 / 2

$350, $55

The Next Adventure

Madonna

Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall

Atlantic City, N.J.

July 16, 2006

$3,246,100

12,322 / 12,322

1 / 1

$350, $55

The Next Adventure/Caesars Atlantic City

Guest Beautiful Stranger

Updated first post...

26/26 shows sold out...

$63,766,323 grossed so far...

345,063 tickets sold so far...

So she sold out the bostob last gig after all... and those Atlantic City numbers are more than impressive

Guest Beautiful Stranger
How did she sell 1/3 of the tickets in Atlantic City that she sold in Boston at what's listed as the same price range, yet rake in half as much money?

Maybe there were more top-dollar tickets for the AC show?

Guest boytoyville
How did she sell 1/3 of the tickets in Atlantic City that she sold in Boston at what's listed as the same price range, yet rake in half as much money?

They explained this months ago in the print addition of Billboard mag. They said they decided to do Atlantic city because the arena was more intimate in terms of seating and thus most of the tickets were in the $210 range. There were very few low end seats at that venue....hence more money!