Nicky Minaj Talks Madonna.

moe

I see Nicki as a bad bitch merely olaying the game wisely. You see Nicki as a shady bitch playing the victim.

That's the beauty of perception. So.... Let's just agree to disagree.

tumblr_lcaxt76gMr1qc0ul9o1_500.jpg

I don't necessarily see her as a shady bitch; some of what she does is shady but everyone has that in them. Her issue is that both she and these other girls think their right and are defending their side to the core. If they'd all acknowledge that they all played a part in all of this it would be a pretty easy issue to solve because it's all petty in the first place.

There's always a bitter Kim fan when Nicki gets brought up. Must be hard.

:lol: Who are the bitter Lil' Kim fans in this instance?

There are fueds in all forms of entertainment; I said that DISS RECORDS are exclusive to the black community/ the hip-hop community. Pop stars, country singers, and folk musicians do not build careers off of insulting their perrs, which rappers can do and have done. Most rappers DO proclaim their superiority over other rappers. (in the 80's, in the 90's, and now.) That's part of the hip-hop mentaility: "Hey! Buy my album cuz' I'm the best, point, blank, period."

Queen Latifah is a positive example of a female rapper, and although she never dissed anyone directly,she too made general, sweeping statements about her competition. She DID boast about her lyrical superiority, just like YoYo and many others did. As for Lauryn Hill, she's the exception. She remained humble... but where is she now? :blink:

Anyway, Nicki Minaj is jsut some chick claiming she's the better than other chicks. No big deal.

Did Kim do a diss song about Nicky? As far as I know she did a couple interviews and said somethings on stage (I think) about her, prompting Nicky's response. I could be wrong though because I haven't followed this extensively BUT if that's true then isn't Nicky clearly NOT referring to DISS records when she complains about the feud culture in the black community?

Oh and I don't think Lauryn Hill dropped of the face of the earth because she refused to do diss songs...

Did she?

If you're talking about Madge rather die than being Mimi, She was being negative. She was given 2 choices (ONLY) to choose either to die or to be Mimi, since she doesn't wanna be someone else, she'd chosen death instead.

And during HC era, some shit stirrers were trying to make her say something bad about Mimi's K=FC2, Madge said she liked her new album and mentioned nothing negative.

Actually (not to nitpick, just to clarify), Madonna was NOT given two choices. In discussing the state of music here's what was said:

Bob Guccione Jr.: "Are there moments when you just say I wish I was Mariah Carey just singing silly pop songs?"

Madonna: (laughs) "I'd kill myself"

So he never said would you rather be Mariah Carey or die.

I don't think the term "Material Girl" was really used pre-Madonna, was it? ("gold digger," yes) Sting previously had a track referencing the "material world," but other than that.

(BTW- there's something online called "Material Girl Fabric" and "Material Girl handbags", but I don't think they're linked to Madge's MG Collection)

I don't think the term "Material Girl" was really used pre-Madonna, was it? ("gold digger," yes) Sting previously had a track referencing the "material world," but other than that.

(BTW- there's something online called "Material Girl Fabric" and "Material Girl handbags", but I don't think they're linked to Madge's MG Collection)

After Shanghai Surprise flopped, George Harrison (joked?) that Madonna should pay him royalties from "Material Girl". George was talking about his own "Living In THE Material World". He said all Madonna did was change THE to A.

But yeah, I think you're right, Madonna popularized the term material girl. That's probably another reason why she will forever be known as the that.

I think a Madonna/Nicki Minaj collaboration would be HOT.Usually I wouldn't want Madonna to go that route,but there's something about Nicki that I really like.She's fun,spunky and provocative.Get the two of them in the studio together with a hot track,and who knows what could happen.