What will be Madge's signature song

kangarooz

Sadly Madge will inevitably die one day, but what one song do you think the news will play and/or will be download most?

Will it be an obvious hit or something more obscure, who would have expected Man in the Mirror to be so big for MJ.

Sadly Madge will inevitably die one day, but what one song do you think the news will play and/or will be download most?

Will it be an obvious hit or something more obscure, who would have expected Man in the Mirror to be so big for MJ.

I generally cannot stand MJ but always liked Man In The Mirror to some degree, so which of Madonna's big hits do non-fans generally like? I think Like A Prayer, La Isla Bonita and Vogue are all up there.

Man In The Mirror was purely down to Radio 1's Chris Moyle's promoting it. It was not a big hit in the UK on release but he liked it so played it a lot and it seemed relevant to the situtaion.

Billie Jean is the one that MJ is really remembered by and that's the one that normally gets played.

As for Madonna, I think Like A Prayer in the UK as that one has the most credibility and is universally loved, closely followed by Vogue for it's 100% Madonna-ness, Like A Virgin for launching her here and Ray of Light for its artistic merit. Music also is very popular so perhaps that too.

I'm disappointed that Into The Groove is being forgotten about even though it's her biggest selling song here.

naaa to frozen. madonnas signature song will be a hard one to pin down. it will probably be something like Like A Virgin or Like A Prayer....

Man In The Mirror was purely down to Radio 1's Chris Moyle's promoting it. It was not a big hit in the UK on release but he liked it so played it a lot and it seemed relevant to the situtaion.

Billie Jean is the one that MJ is really remembered by and that's the one that normally gets played.

As for Madonna, I think Like A Prayer in the UK as that one has the most credibility and is universally loved, closely followed by Vogue for it's 100% Madonna-ness, Like A Virgin for launching her here and Ray of Light for its artistic merit. Music also is very popular so perhaps that too.

I'm disappointed that Into The Groove is being forgotten about even though it's her biggest selling song here.

thats true, but you can't credit moyles for man in the mirror being the biggest song around the world as well

Although not her signature song, here in the UK Beautiful Stranger had a massive impact and was generally loved by lots of people I know (many who did not previously like M).

Holiday is another possible M signature song.

Difficulty is that she's had many great, much loved, songs over the years and has stood the test of time - making it difficult to select a signature song.

Maybe just maybe a signature song may come on the next album ;)

Long reign The Queen!!!!!

Most of you aren't reading the question...

They asked after Madonna's death what would be the main song that's played like on tv shows, news, etc.

Of course Madonna has more than just one signature song.

From my experience Like A Prayer seems to be the Madonna song that EVERYBODY likes and has withstood the test of time. I've been in bars/clubs when this one has come on and even the straight guys seem to get into it. It's just a perfect pop song. It's not too "gay" like Vogue or Hung Up could be considered nor is it "too camp" like Material Girl or Like A Virgin could be considered to be and it's not one of her "forgotten hits" like Take A Bow (to the UK) or Frozen (maybe not worldwide but in US I NEVER hear this song). I could MAYBE see Ray Of Light vying for the signature song throne by the time M actually croaks (100 years from now), as of now though, at least in the US ROL isn't really one of her most remembered or played tracks. The lyrics would be quite fitting and poignant though when she passes.

Guest Pud Whacker

madonna's not like the others. she has too many to mention. which is why shes up with the beatles and elvis while shes STILL ALIVE.

What an UTTERLY DEPRESSING thread - it's as though you're willing her to die so that you can find out. I suggest you shift your attention to getting a life rather than wondering about someone who's done something with theirs, dying.

:megamanson:

I've noticed since MJ's death there have been more threads and references to "when Madonna dies" whereas prior it was never really mentioned. I guess being that he was her age, the "King" to her "Queen" and they were both THE stars of the 80's it probably makes some have morbid curiosity as to what will happen when she goes. This may sound ridiculous, but I think MJ's death made some M fans realize she is NOT invincible.

I've noticed since MJ's death there have been more threads and references to "when Madonna dies" whereas prior it was never really mentioned. I guess being that he was her age, the "King" to her "Queen" and they were both THE stars of the 80's it probably makes some have morbid curiosity as to what will happen when she goes. This may sound ridiculous, but I think MJ's death made some M fans realize she is NOT invincible.

But he ENDED with the 80s; she lasted into the 00s.

But he ENDED with the 80s; she lasted into the 00s.

Well, that could be argued on both sides for eons I suppose....I mean technically I do think he may've sold more albums worldwide than her in the 90's although he was far from his 80's peak (in many ways), but it would be impossible to attain that anyways (in both of their cases). But they were peers and they both reached a nearly unprecedented level of fame in the 80's, which also happened to be the time they both peaked as far as their effect on pop culture goes. I suppose it's only natural for them to be lumped together sometimes. They both have MANY casual fans who only like and acknowledge their 80's work.

Anyways, the point is they both reached this mega level of stardom where they seemed larger than life, almost unreal and it hasn't been matched at this point by anyone else. This sounds kind of corny, but it seems like MJ's death made many people realize that he's human. Given some of their similarities and closeness in age I think many Madonna fans for the first time thought about her death and realized that something like that can happen at anytime. Hence the increasing talk about "when Madonna dies..." in the forum. I certainly hope none of these discussions are in a "wishing" kind of way as you mentioned.