Remember all the times Alison Goldfrapp used to SLAM Madonna

Queen Bitch

Too busy eating fanny batter to get inspired will be the excuse for her flop record,

Madonna carrying the 'Supernature' cd to the gym didn't really work did it :lol:

Q: Have you ever heard Madonna’s ‘Like It Or Not’ from ‘Confessions on A Dancefloor’? It was her attempt at making a Goldfrapp record. ‘Black Cherry’ to be specific.

Alison Goldfrapp : ‘Never heard it, that song. I couldn’t care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people’s work. yuck.’

Guest nothingfails0603

Alison can be a huge bitch, but unlike a lot of singers who shoot their mouths open, I think that she at least does have the music to back the ego up. Goldfrapp has yet to deliver a bad album IMO.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Alison Goldfrapp : ‘Never heard it, that song. I couldn’t care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people’s work. yuck.’

Is that real? :lol: surely she DOESN'T actually talk like a pissy 15 year old :lol:

Have u ever heard Madonna's 'Like It Or Not' from 'Confessions on A Dancefloor'? It was her attempt at making a Goldfrapp record.

'Black Cherry' Godlfrapp to be specific.

Alison Goldfrapp : 'Never heard it, that song. I couldn't care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people's work. yuck.'

Well you guys are quite good at it yourself : 'Ooh La La' was a T-Rex ripp-off. 'Cologne Cerrone Houdini' could have been any Gainsbourg song

on 'Histoire de Melody Nelson'. And those are just two examples.

Alison Goldfrapp : 'We have a perfectly legitimate post-modern explanation for that. Those songs are an Hommage! We steal like magpies but we pay tribute to our heroes at any chance we get, in interviews etc.. . Everyone should know by now that Marc Bolan was my idol growing up. But we'll never be caught following the latest trend or collaborating with the hottest Dj's and producers just to get their names on our record sleeves. That's not our style.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Now that they are dropped, what should the new name be? Foilfrapp? Copperfrap? Scrapfrapp?

I heart them, but they've been on the way "out" for a while, so this isn't a shock to me.

"Kylie is amazing and I loved watching her on the x factor, she's forever gorgeous." - Goldfrapp

She publicly detested Kylie as well... what an about turn around.

Can't wait for the impending Madonna praises to start coming in.

I'm surprised by this. Goldfrapp is one of my favorite band/duo's ever. Loved them for years, and saw them live 3 times. I'm sure someone will pick them up. I know some people don't like her because of comments towards madonna, but as someone else said, she has the talent to back it up, even though i DON'T agree with what she says. On another note, i'm glad they never made it onto Floptina's newer album

Guest northernlad

They weren't actually DROPPED. Goldfrapp were originally signed to indepedent Mute Records which joined EMI in 2002. This September they separated and Mute became independent again. That just means EMI isn't distributing for Goldfrapp anymore, though they're still signed to Mute. It's the same as Madonna saying she doesn't have a label while she's under contract with Live Nation.

Guest nothingfails0603

They weren't actually DROPPED. Goldfrapp were originally signed to indepedent Mute Records which joined EMI in 2002. This September they separated and Mute became independent again. That just means EMI isn't distributing for Goldfrapp anymore, though they're still signed to Mute. It's the same as Madonna saying she doesn't have a label while she's under contract with Live Nation.

Makes more sense. It seemed odd that Mute would drop it's second biggest act (besides Depeche Mode) especially considering how loyal they've remained to Erasure and those guys haven't had a hit since the mid-90's.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

QUEEN OF CONTRACT COMPLETION.

They weren't actually DROPPED. Goldfrapp were originally signed to indepedent Mute Records which joined EMI in 2002. This September they separated and Mute became independent again. That just means EMI isn't distributing for Goldfrapp anymore, though they're still signed to Mute.

I love the RATIONALE - it sounds like a similar scenario to when Kylie "decided to part company" with Deconstruction, by "mutuable agreement". :demonic:

It's the same as Madonna saying she doesn't have a label while she's under contract with Live Nation.

It's NOTHING like that. Madonna completed her contract with Warners (for the third time) and they tried to retain her, after 25 years with them but they couldn't as Live Nation offered her a better deal, which included licensing future releases in an ever changing industry. Alison would love to be in such a position but NEVER has been and NEVER will be.

she has the talent to back it up

I've never bought into that. Her stuff is totally unoriginal and wholly derivative. Alison's biggest downfall was her arrogance, ego and believing her reviews. That's what's put her where she is today. :demonic: