Scathing article in the UK press

Queen Bitch

I hate to echo the cliche but any woman who writes an article this full of nastiness has to be jealous. HAS TO BE. I don't think women understand how unattractive it makes them look. I maintain that any CHICK who hates Madonna is an uptight, insecure little baby. And that's my Hurt420/Unnatural-esque generalization for the day :rotfl:

I hate to echo the cliche but any woman who writes an article this full of nastiness has to be jealous. HAS TO BE. I don't think women understand how unattractive it makes them look. I maintain that any CHICK who hates Madonna is an uptight, insecure little baby. And that's my Hurt420/Unnatural-esque generalization for the day :rotfl:

:lmao:

Jane Graham is probably a journalist living paycheck to paycheck making crap cash who knows when she is old she will never be able to afford having a nip here and a tuck there so she is going to try her DAMNDEST to make sure that wrinkles become hot and cool in the eyes of the public before she begins to get them. Good luck with that Jane. :D

It did all start with those damn cheeks though. She was obviously doing something to her face to make it look so fresh for awhile there, but unless you were paying attention to Madonna 24/7 you would never know anything was being done because it was so natural looking. That all changed with the cheeks. It became too damn obvious after that. For the 100th time, she didnt need it done, but this woman is making Madonna sound like she morphed into Jocelyn Wildenstein overnight. Give me a break.

It did all start with those damn cheeks though. She was obviously doing something to her face to make it look so fresh for awhile there, but unless you were paying attention to Madonna 24/7 you would never know anything was being done because it was so natural looking. That all changed with the cheeks. It became too damn obvious after that. For the 100th time, she didnt need it done

THIS :clap:

Jane Graham is probably a journalist living paycheck to paycheck making crap cash who knows when she is old she will never be able to afford having a nip here and a tuck there so she is going to try her DAMNDEST to make sure that wrinkles become hot and cool in the eyes of the public before she begins to get them. Good luck with that Jane. :D

It did all start with those damn cheeks though. She was obviously doing something to her face to make it look so fresh for awhile there, but unless you were paying attention to Madonna 24/7 you would never know anything was being done because it was so natural looking. That all changed with the cheeks. It became too damn obvious after that. For the 100th time, she didnt need it done, but this woman is making Madonna sound like she morphed into Jocelyn Wildenstein overnight. Give me a break.

http://surgerynews.net/news/0204/celeb020403.htm

Wow, this article is full of HATE for Madonna by this Jane woman.

it's really no different from what so many of her fans on this board say about her.

Jane Graham looks like a bad Courtney Love tribute act. :rotfl: Let's face it. What she is saying here is that Madonna doesn't look motherly. She is a woman who is looking to admire a woman who could, in effect be her mother. She makes several reference to Madonna embarassing her children etc. It's a vile, disgusting and totally inappropriate article. Why make a personal attack on somebody with journalism when it doesn't relate to news in any way? The reason is that you are a shit journalist. A gossiping retard who can only make a living from feeding off of unfounded negativity. To me, the proof is in the pudding. Madonna looks happy, her children look happy and she is a woman who is well founded and in control of her life. You would think that young women would look to her as a role model and inspiration. I guess some women are so conditioned by the idea that women are essentially nothing but housewives, that they don't find inspiration in a woman who does what SHE wants to do.

What bothers me about this article is that this woman (or any woman for that matter) would continue to try and perpetuate the sexist, misogynistic idea that once a woman reaches a certain age she has to be a certain way. I'd be less surprised if this had been written by a man.

This woman is disgusting.

Obviously the article doesn't pull its punches on Madonna because the author is not a fan. Not sure why that's a surprise to anyone. I find it funny that gays here have fallen into the trap of responding by posting HIDEOUTH Bening pictures -they're called wrinkles people; they happen when you get old -unless you get enough fillers to resemble the stay-puft marshmellow man. It's the mysogenistic culture that Madonna has always battled against that says men can be old and dignified silver foxes whilst women have to remain pouting nymphettes if they're to dare grace our TV screens.

Obviously the article doesn't pull its punches on Madonna because the author is not a fan. Not sure why that's a surprise to anyone. I find it funny that gays here have fallen into the trap of responding by posting HIDEOUTH Bening pictures -they're called wrinkles people; they happen when you get old -unless you get enough fillers to resemble the stay-puft marshmellow man. It's the mysogenistic culture that Madonna has always battled against that says men can be old and dignified silver foxes whilst women have to remain pouting nymphettes if they're to dare grace our TV screens.

I agree with all that BUT I just don't think Madonna has ever presented herself as a pouty sex kitten as she's aged, especially as of late. If anything her sexuality is pretty dominant and unconventional - not really mimicking anyone else's except her own. I didn't see the Hard Candy cover - fug as it may have been - as an attempt to give guys hard-ons. I didn't see Sticky & Sweet as that either. It was just Madonna being Madonna. Dually ugly and beautiful at the same time, kind of intimidating and kind of funny too, but still maintaining her sex appeal. That's how I've always seen her, and although she's had moments of yuck (her trying to be down with the kiddies during the Sorry video), she's usually just being herself - warts and all.

I agree with all that BUT I just don't think Madonna has ever presented herself as a pouty sex kitten as she's aged, especially as of late. If anything her sexuality is pretty dominant and unconventional - not really mimicking anyone else's except her own. I didn't see the Hard Candy cover - fug as it may have been - as an attempt to give guys hard-ons. I didn't see Sticky & Sweet as that either. It was just Madonna being Madonna. Dually ugly and beautiful at the same time, kind of intimidating and kind of funny too, but still maintaining her sex appeal. That's how I've always seen her, and although she's had moments of yuck (her trying to be down with the kiddies during the Sorry video), she's usually just being herself - warts and all.

I'd like to think of it that way too. :)

I agree with you that its very harshly worded almost to the point that it does seem that she has a grudge against her and doesn't give Madonna the benefit of the doubt and also doesn't recognize the great artist Madonna is. But Madonna has opened herself to these kinds of attacks and she makes some valid points. I just hate that this thread will become another 10 pages of the same three people going ZOMG SHES SO BITTER AND WRINKLY AND JEALOUS THAT SHE DOESNT HAVE A TEENAGE BOYFRIEND like anyone sane would actually WANT a wrinkle-less face and an 18 year old boyfriend at 50.

That's B.S. Madonna was criticised when she married Guy R. for sounding "phony" and "posh" and putting on a fake British accent. There's no rhyme or reason to the enduring criticism she receives for the decisions she makes in her personal life - some people just don't like her and will never be happy with anything she does. And I find it absurd that you think she "opened herself" to it. Really? At what point does it become okay for people to judge who people (who we don't know) sleep with? Do you go around doing that to other people? Do you like it when people do it to you?

Um... I'm GAY people judge me on who I sleep with by default. That doesn't make it right but at what point are we not allowed to have an opinion and are obliged to be all politically correct and love is all around hippie shit posting like EVIL M said? I don't think anyone is judging Madonna in the sense that no one thinks she's a bad PERSON or a bad mother like that article said because she's sleeping with a child. BUT as someone with a very public love life, she obviously attracts comments and opinions. Unless we're all supposed to post little hearts and sickly sweet cliches like IF YOU JUDGE PREPARE TO BE JUDGED instead of discussing on a DISCUSSION board.

PS. Madonna's transformation from bratty New York WILD CHILD to tweed wearing, pheasant hunting, british accented lady of the manor was indeed laughable. No wonder she ditched it as soon as she left that immature lunkhead Guy.

What's the point in being a journalist and writing articles like this? It's bad journalism and not very intelligent. Think of all the important topics one could write about. The press is so dumbed down it's scary and people feed on it.Nice to see that all but one of the people that bothered to comment on this "article" are in Madonna's favour.

Um... I'm GAY people judge me on who I sleep with by default. That doesn't make it right but at what point are we not allowed to have an opinion and are obliged to be all politically correct and love is all around hippie shit posting like EVIL M said?

I don't think anyone is judging Madonna in the sense that no one thinks she's a bad PERSON or a bad mother like that article said because she's sleeping with a child. BUT as someone with a very public love life, she obviously attracts comments and opinions. Unless we're all supposed to post little hearts and sickly sweet cliches like IF YOU JUDGE PREPARE TO BE JUDGED instead of discussing on a DISCUSSION board.

:rolleyes: Oh please, stop being melodramatic. Saying being judgmental is not cool is hardly "politically correct hippie shit".

So I don't think criticising people for who they sleep with or how they dress or what chemicals they put in their face is alright. I'm not asking anyone to blindly approve everything Madonna (or any other person, for that matter) does with their lives, but for GOD's sake stop acting like you have some sort of say in people's personal choices. What Madonna does with her face/boyfriends does not reflect on you in any way. She's not your mother or your employee, hell, reality is you don't even know her - so where do you get off getting defensive when someone doesn't like your inane criticism of her.

P.S. that applies to the author of the article as well.

Um... I'm GAY people judge me on who I sleep with by default. That doesn't make it right but at what point are we not allowed to have an opinion and are obliged to be all politically correct and love is all around hippie shit posting like EVIL M said? I don't think anyone is judging Madonna in the sense that no one thinks she's a bad PERSON or a bad mother like that article said because she's sleeping with a child. BUT as someone with a very public love life, she obviously attracts comments and opinions. Unless we're all supposed to post little hearts and sickly sweet cliches like IF YOU JUDGE PREPARE TO BE JUDGED instead of discussing on a DISCUSSION board.

PS. Madonna's transformation from bratty New York WILD CHILD to tweed wearing, pheasant hunting, british accented lady of the manor was indeed laughable. No wonder she ditched it as soon as she left that immature lunkhead Guy.

I agree that Madonna as Lady of the Manor was her most ridiculous incarnation. Yet, that was when she was fully clothed and being respectable. And people made fun of her even then. Madonna can't win with those who don't like her. They will always find fault with her. If Madonna found a cure for AIDS, they would say she did for publicity. Madonna knows this but, she's sure as fuck not going to live her life worrying about what people think of her.

When it comes to "journalism", gossip seems to be the norm nowadays and is reported as news. Does Madonna give a shit? In "How High" she bemoans the fact that she "spent my whole life wanting to be talked about" & how "everybody mentions my name but they're never very nice". Madonna has seen 10,000 articles like this and survived them all.

Because of who she is, people are going to gossip about her (that's what this article amounts to) but Madonna doesn't care & neither should we.

As Madonna says on the Sticky & Sweet Tour, "You can't touch this motherfuckers!!"

:rolleyes: Oh please, stop being melodramatic. Saying being judgmental is not cool is hardly "politically correct hippie shit".

So I don't think criticising people for who they sleep with or how they dress or what chemicals they put in their face is alright. I'm not asking anyone to blindly approve everything Madonna (or any other person, for that matter) does with their lives, but for GOD's sake stop acting like you have some sort of say in people's personal choices. What Madonna does with her face/boyfriends does not reflect on you in any way. She's not your mother or your employee, hell, reality is you don't even know her - so where do you get off getting defensive when someone doesn't like your inane criticism of her.

P.S. that applies to the author of the article as well.

Um who said I have a say on who she dates or what she does with her life? I don't force my opinions on my FRIENDS, much less a popstar. But at the same time, just because I don't know Madonna PERSONALLY doesn't mean I can't have an opinion without you needing your PACIFIER because I DARED JUDGE HER and upset the KARMIC BALANCE OF THE UNIVERSE.

Guest bluejean

I don't think it's fuelled by jealously. It's just people are so damn small minded and expect every person in the public eye or in society full stop to conform to their idea of what is "appropriate." Madonna has rarely been one to conform so its hardly a shock she's being the same Madonna she was in her 50's that she has always been. The few times she did "settle down" and "act her age" she was labelled "boring" and "past it."

I really doubt Madonna hates herself or is an unhappy person at this stage of her life (as the article implies.) You only have to look at that last Ellen interview to see she is a pretty balanced and stable person secure in herself. Perhaps the divorce spun her into into a bit of a mid life crisis and yes she has overdone the surgery I suppose. But compare her to anyone at her level of fame, she has stayed more sane and grounded than the vast majority.

As for Warren Beauty, no doubt he jerks off over Madonna and countless other hotter women while Annette snores in a seperate bedroom :lmao:

Put aside the looks and boyfriends for a minute. Just Madonna's seemingly unending ZEST for life has always been too much for some. She still works as if she's new to the scene and trying to get her name out there. She's never really stopped and 9 times out of 10 she's EXTREMELY successful in EVERYTHING she does. She's at an age now where no matter whether she were fully clothed from head to toe making "serious" pop songs, some people STILL feel like she should just bow out because she's "at that age". Put it like this....the fact that she still wants to "play the pop star game" (no matter what clothes or face she chooses to wear) in her 50's is rebellious. I think the fact that she's an unconventional thinker will always make her a rebel at heart. Look at all these artists who release some of their best material in their 50's and 60's yet only their core fanbases really know about it. In some ways I think ageism is more rampant than sexism or racism.

:thumbsup::clap:

The journalist is just plain envious and it's personal ...... first of all she implies that Madonna manages to stay successfull and relevant at 52 merely because she puts collagen in her face or gets photographed with a 24-year-old model ...

Yet collagen is not enough to explain the 15th best selling album of the year at 50 (also appreciated by the critics -not as strong as ROL or COADF but still good, after 30 years spent with the same record company releasing new material every 2.5 years on average) plus the most successful tour ever by a solo artist.... She looks good because she's always kept a healthy lifestyle ...... she happens to work in a field where how you look is important so what......is she desperate for that? Among many other celebrities her age she is the one who looks good while still looking pretty natural (Griffith, Stone etc or even some male colleagues)

And if that's Anette Bening being 52....don't tell anyone she exudes confidence and contentment because either she is not 52 or if she is she looks 70....and it's not because she doesn't get botox. 52 yo working women don't look that bad.

20101023-pictures-madonna-leaving-kabbalah-center-03-1.jpg

madonna-brahim-rachiki-10222010-16-430x574.jpg

I wonder if she's seen celebrities looking like plastic ........ real plastic, sometimes way before 50

Jane Graham

Jane-Graham_140202t.jpg

Let's face it - we could all find fault with this picture of her. Queen Bitch should critique this picture and e-mail it to this Jane Graham bitch to see how she likes to be ripped to shreds by someone who doesn't know her.

Perhaps, if she appeared to give a shit about the way she looks (which she obviously doesn't - hence the lack of make up and a missing persons report being made for hair comb or brush - why else would you have a, what are we calling this?, Hairdo? Like that!)then she would understand most womens sense of vanity.

I wonder if she was a bully at school??? Her article is not only transparent, but it completely reeks of envy!!!!!

Edited by stevo208