Has Madonna ever dissappointed you?

karbatal

The Gap commercial with Missy Elliot and that awful remix of Into the Groove. I'm definitely not a Missy Elliot fan. She is so overrated!

I'm really SHOCKED for the Sticky & Sweet HATE. The look was a little bit meh, the VADGE part too but overall that was a FUCKING GREAT SHOW. Live and on Blu-Ray. Confessions was more organic, yes, she looked better yes, the show was in a way cooler but I had the time of my life at the last concert(s). I was a little bit bored at the Confessions Tour, too "cold" for me. Sticky was everything I was waiting for, a FUN show with a VERY ENERGETIC and HAPPY Madonna.Very WTG Tour. And, well, even if for some of you it was her WORST TOUR (I believe the same people are in love with the whole Dick Tacky/Material Tacky part of Blond Ambition :lmao: ) it's still better than any other show out there. FACT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tewm16HMFaM

Well, the "American Life" rap was quite possibly one of the worst things she has ever done (to me). But I still like that whole album so I am not sure. Everyone disappoints, and if that is the lowest thing she could do after all the happiness she has brought me, so be it.

Well I guess the difference between Madonna fans and let's say Mariah (or whoever) fans is that we don't buy anything and can be critical when there's logic to be so.

Children books/Kaballah-granny past AL-pre COADF era was a disappointing era.

Madonna past Confessions Tour/LiveEarth is a disappointment overall I have to say.

None of her albums have been bad yet, but Hard Candy was too below her standards though, and that whole era was just a turn off looking at promotion and single choices.

Let's not even mention Celebration/Revolver, but I can give her those since they were just some extra tracks to promote a GH, but would she release a new album in the same vibe as these singles, then she really lost it.

S&S was pretty silly to be honest, although being the first and only M tour i've seen so far. It had its moments, but didn't really dig the whole concept really.

Let's hope with the new era/album she'll blow us all away once again and comes back strong.

Well so basically the last years (2008-2010) have been pretty disappointing, but in perspective to all she accomplished throughout these years it's nothing, let's just hope her musical creativity comes back. First and foremost I love Madonna for her music, not movies or whatever side-projects she has. So the things I judge the most is her work when it comes to music.

Edited by Zezwer

I'm really SHOCKED for the Sticky & Sweet HATE. The look was a little bit meh, the VADGE part too but overall that was a FUCKING GREAT SHOW. Live and on Blu-Ray. Confessions was more organic, yes, she looked better yes, the show was in a way cooler but I had the time of my life at the last concert(s). I was a little bit bored at the Confessions Tour, too "cold" for me. Sticky was everything I was waiting for, a FUN show with a VERY ENERGETIC and HAPPY Madonna.Very WTG Tour. And, well, even if for some of you it was her WORST TOUR (I believe the same people are in love with the whole Dick Tacky/Material Tacky part of Blond Ambition :lmao: ) it's still better than any other show out there. FACT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tewm16HMFaM

I agree with everything you said! I love the SS Tour! Great fun, joy and energy! I had an incredible time, i screamed LOUD, i cried A LOT, i sang EVERY WORD, i jumped HIGH and even took a few smiles of her face! I love the fun Madonna! :inlove:

As far as her interviews, I don't see it that way at all. I think actually she is a little shy.

I think she gets nervous but hides it well for the most part. I notice in lots of interviews she always finds something to fiddle with. For example I think it was the Jay Leno interview when she kept wrapping the cord to her mic around her finger over and over.

And the cheeks would be high up on my list. It was the one time where I really said to myself what the hell are you doing Madonna? I could see if she was a wrinkled mess, but she didnt need it done at all. And yes, pulling the American Life video sucked also. She would have had the shit kicked out of her for many months had she released it, but in the end the people that spoke out against the Iraq war were proven right. And on a whole, her music videos in general lately have dissapppointed me. No vision or work put into them at all anymore.

I was a little bit bored at the Confessions Tour, too "cold" for me.

Funny how different people can have different interpretations, isn;t it? I felt exactly that way about Sticky and Sweet. For much of it, I was bored rigid.

^ Yes, i was thinking the same. S&S was boring for me. I was there watching her and during that gipsy moment (so long) i found myself talking with a friend of mine instead of looking at her, that was just 10 meters from me.

In that concert i had the biggest shock in my life when she started singing Dress You Up and the fan behind me that was shouting and crying all the time asked his friend "what song is this, a new one"? hahaha

The first time I was kinda disappointed in her was when she was in full, preachy Esther mode. The second was the whole HC/S&S era - from the music, to the tour to the cheeks to the desperate 'I'm gonna be hot and 20 4EVA' attitude. I know people here love it and to each their own but I thought it was the first time she seemed out of touch, not in control and kind of desperate

1. Teaming up with Britney on that awful single.

2. When she even acknowledged Perez Hiltons existence, especially after he’d publicly slated her daughter for having facial hair.

3. Coming across patronising and arrogant during the AL era.

3. The Celebration video and choice to release the remix.

4. Not releasing Revolver.

But like someone said on the thread, it’s impossible to exist for that length of time without doing something you’re not going to like.

I loved her interviews during the AL period, I fully agreed with her about america & bush issues.

working with britney was a big mistake, in my opinion.

Revolver

Hard candy cover and album: i don't dislike most of the songs but she could have done so much better.. (if she wanted to try some RnB she could have taken inspiration from her own previous work; like the song "Secret")

teaming up with justin for 4 minutes

I was slightly meh on Hard Candy's music but she redeemed herself with the tour later that year, so I can't say I've ever been totally disappointed, as much as I've had moments where I was like "umm" at her career choices. The biggest of which would be her Mother Goose years (the books kept coming back to haunt us all the way into 2006), Me Against The Menopause, the song Revolver (when I heard that, I really wondered to myself if she was just half-assing music at that point), and of course the 8 year period where she was trying really hard to make people believe she was a Brit. Her music videos have suffered a lot in recent times as well - I've enjoyed most of them on very superficial levels, but it's true that not much thought has gone into any of them in the last 5 years, with the exception of Hung Up and 4 Minutes. Hope she isn't finished with the medium, because after watching videos by other big artists in the past few years, it's obvious that videos are still going strong.

The cheeks never bothered me - I guess because I saw them coming from miles away. As long as she doesn't do anything else to her face, rock on.

1. Teaming up with Britney on that awful single.

2. When she even acknowledged Perez Hiltons existence, especially after he’d publicly slated her daughter for having facial hair.

3. Coming across patronising and arrogant during the AL era.

3. The Celebration video and choice to release the remix.

4. Not releasing Revolver.

But like someone said on the thread, it’s impossible to exist for that length of time without doing something you’re not going to like.

:clap:

Some others said that she needed him more than he needed her, and he could have done her a lot of damage if he wanted to by writing bad stuff about her, but just ugh.