Has Madonna ever dissappointed you?

karbatal

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If by "disappointed" you mean that i don't love EVERY SINGLE song and music video and film she ever made, well then yes..........but i don't like everything ANYONE has ever made, so i guess everyone is capable of disappointing really. Meh.

I really hated American Life and everything about 2003. But Madonna does what she's going to do regardless, so having expectations of her is a bit silly.

Overall I'll say no cause she's been incredibly consistent and most artists would have dropped off by now with a nosedive in quality. Yes, it isn't the glory years any more and obviously the quality standards are different but not so much that new music from her isn't still an exciting event.

when she started messing with 'the face'..now I'm used 2 it & over it.

But at the time it seemed so out of character & extreme. :fag:

I'm not so sure it was.. it was a shock with the results at first perhaps, but I expected it with her comments in the past.

I'm so bad at English sometimes.

No you are not! There has been the odd very minor grammar mistake I've noticed and quirky style of writing, but perfectly fluent and understandable, scans fine. I wish I could write Spanish as well. :wow:

p.s. You can edit the topic title yourself..

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I thought the cheeks were expected. She was never going to age "gracefully", she can't afford too. She would end up plastic faced at some point i assumed.

I liked when she was obviously doing something before RIT and during Confessions but it was subtle and the 'face' was still there. It was out of character because she usually has great taste and quality control about everything and I didn't expect her to go to her doctor and say STICK TWO GOLF BALLS IN MY CHEEKS AND TURN ME INTO ANOTHER HOLLYWOOD CLICHE. But it happened so you know. At least it's gotten better since then.

I don't ever really have expectations for Madonna so I don't get truly disappointed with anything she does. Even though I have no expectations of her, I would be very surprised if she ever put out an album where I liked none of the songs on it. AL was the only time I was underwhelmed by one of her releases on first listen. On first listen, none of the songs really grabbed me but it did grow on me a bit later. Seven years later I can say I appreciate AL's place in her catalog....it's all just part of the ride. :fag:

I liked when she was obviously doing something before RIT and during Confessions but it was subtle and the 'face' was still there. It was out of character because she usually has great taste and quality control about everything and I didn't expect her to go to her doctor and say STICK TWO GOLF BALLS IN MY CHEEKS AND TURN ME INTO ANOTHER HOLLYWOOD CLICHE. But it happened so you know. At least it's gotten better since then.

exactly

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I never took issue with her kids book era, i noticed you guys really fucking hate it :lol:

I thought it was cute to see that side of her :dazed: and it's not like the books were aimed at us :lol: Meh, it never bothered me.

Guest SuperPop

4 Minutes (especially considering it was a first single)..it was the first time I felt so disappointed with a Madonna song..it is not by any means a bad song, but it feels like Justin/Timbo feat Madonna rather than a Madonna song (plus that it screamed DESPERATION to have a US hit)..

nevertheless, I quite enjoyed most of Hard Candy..

She's not human.

That's one way in which she certainly NEVER disappointed me. P.S you are so random. :rotfl:

I was a bit disappointed when she paraded her tits in that Jean Paul Gaultier fashion walk. Even in my sweet 17 i thought that was desperate. But now i love those pics, hahahaha!

Why disappointed? You don't think it's okay for a woman to be proud of her body? Seems unusual coming from somebody while such wild sexual tastes as you have. She was walking in a fashion show and making a huge cultural statement which hasn't been bettered or equaled by anybody to date. So maybe you just didn't understand it. It was only breasts. I love it and she never disappoints me. There are ways in which she can improve, but can't we all? I do adore her. She holds my attention for a great amount of time and just seeing a video montage of her career is enough to make my spine tingle. She has a very rare and beautiful nature.

Nope.

Well ok...., maybe with IGTTYAS since that wasnt released in theaters, to me that was a letdown at the time. But then I saw the film and realized why it wasn't in theaters. Oh well.

The ONLY time I was disappointed by Madonna was when she pulled the "American Life" video. That was such a chicken shit move on her part. I still get pissed when I think about it. Other than that, LOVE Madonna!

Guest Little Red

The biggest disappointment was Sticky and Sweet. That one hit hard. :(

And generally I am disappointed with a lot of interviews of the past few years. Her whole demeanor screams "I can't be bothered to talk to you" and for all her supposed intelligence I think she sometimes does a bad job explaining herself. that sometimes makes me want to kick her :bad: , but then it's kinda amazing that she can still be arsed at all...

And generally I am disappointed with a lot of interviews of the past few years. Her whole demeanor screams "I can't be bothered to talk to you" and for all her supposed intelligence I think she sometimes does a bad job explaining herself. that sometimes makes me want to kick her :bad: , but then it's kinda amazing that she can still be arsed at all...

As far as her interviews, I don't see it that way at all. I think actually she is a little shy. There is something awkward about her in interviews. I find that so adorable about her because I'm that way too. You can be very intelligent but there's something about doing an interview that makes you nervous and stumble over your words. I like it she's not like some celebrities who have every word pre-planned out and you know exactly what their answers will be no matter what the question. I'm shy and I've gotten feedback so many times that people felt like I was bored and didn't want to talk to them, but really it's just a matter of being shy and feeling awkward. She can be kind of dorky in interviews sometimes but I find that endearing. But a lot of people misunderstand that.

She never really dissappointed me in the right sense of the word, there were some moments when I expected more from her but I know she's a human being too and not perfect. I was not fond of her Children Books' era, or some movies in which she starred. But I understood these things were for her own purpose and not for the whole world and when u are on a such high level she is, u can afford to share these things with others even if maybe she thought they will not be the world's favorites. I am sure I will be really dissappointed when she will die. Or when she will stop her career. And then we will miss even Children Books' era or Filth and Wisdom or Hey You. I am sure of that.

Guest Little Red

As far as her interviews, I don't see it that way at all. I think actually she is a little shy. There is something awkward about her in interviews. I find that so adorable about her because I'm that way too. You can be very intelligent but there's something that's doing an interview that makes you nervous and stumble over your words. I like it she's not like some celebrities who have every word pre-planned out and you know exactly what their answers will be no matter what the question. I'm shy and I've gotten feedback so many times that people felt like I was bored and didn't want to talk to them, but really it's just a matter of being shy and feeling awkward. She can be kind of dorky in interviews sometimes but I find that endearing. But a lot of people misunderstand that.

Her shyness can be quite obvious, I agree. I've always felt that. However, there's another element now that I never felt in earlier interviews. She's holding back now, she's more restrained, maybe because she knows that every word of hers will be twisted. Like she's tired of it. It's actually something that I can understand. Like I said before, I find it amazing that she still has the energy to talk to journalists at all.

It's not like I blame her for the way she is now, it's just an observation and I realize that it probably has more to do with me than with her.