BOW DOWN MOMENT: The Hung Up Video

Ai Papi Si.

I love how everyone applauds her for shoving her crotch in our faces in the HU video yet less than 2 1/2 years later everyone rips her to shreds for shoving her crotch in our face with the Hard Candy cover.

I love how everyone applauds her for shoving her crotch in our faces in the HU video yet less than 2 1/2 years later everyone rips her to shreds for shoving her crotch in our face with the Hard Candy cover.

(for me personally) the difference is that the crotch in the Hung Up video is part of the "choreography" and the Hard Candy cover is just a still picture glaring out from the record store racks

in motion > still photography

Guest Not4Pussies

the whole thing leading to the song leaking was just all planned very well. there was excitement. anticipation

unlike her last album

¡Great thread!!!!! I love the vid too. It's not a good video in terms of vids themselves, but it's soooo effective. And I love her movements, her body, her attitude and at the end, when she's dancing like crazy in that bar and she is pure nerve and we latter discovered that she was in great pain because of the ribs and the elbow. And she fought to give her best. PERFECT MADONNA!!!

I loved the promo too. That EMA Awards were simply GREAT.

But they have nothing to do. Why do you compare those both? Specially you that seem to hate that people critisize HC, and then you bring this in this thread. What for, so people pour shit on HC and you can defend Madonna???

Great singles, great album, great tour!!! 2005-2006 was one of those moments where u feels its one of the highlights of her career. But HU video is still not an amazing video (for her standards). I ve said it before: it was the videos in COADF era that prefent it from being her best era on every level. But the music was soooooooo gooooooooooooood. Amazing magnificent album!

in other words, you can't

Well I can see why you would think that and also why you wouldnt catch the irony but no actually. It's simply a case of Madonna being in on the joke instead of the butt of it. She's making fun of the maneater persona instead of actually BEING it like in the Hard Candy incarnation. It's in everything. The way she carries herself, the entrance, the whole 70s pastiche of the video. Everyone picked up on it and thats why the desperate cougar jokes didnt start until after Hard Candy. Although I'm sure explaining such subtleties to someone who thinks HAHA YOU PRETEND TO KNOW BUT YOU DONT or randomly dropping Britney's name is some scathing attack is the same as trying to explain relativity theory to an amoeba.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

The HU video isn't in my top 10 or anything, but i like it. She looks great and i like the transition from dance studio to street to subway to club. It's nicely done.

I remember the song and video hitting TV back then. it was EVERYWHERE and people were in awe of her beauty. Was cool.

But Hard Candy really isn't very good as an album cover is it? (and I love the contents). That sort of shyt works better on the stage or on a video.

Great video! She simply looked stunning in every shot! I have to say my fave part was when she was walking down the street in her leather hooded jacket!! SHE bought those jackets IN! They were everywhere from Topman to New Look GEORGE!! Great vid, never tire of it!

Everyone picked up on it and thats why the desperate cougar jokes didnt start until after Hard Candy.

No, they started because of Alex Rodriguez and Jesus, not because of the album cover.

A year back a TV music station here was doing Top 10 countdowns of class hits of certain years and Madonna topped 2005 with Hung Up. :fag: Me and 2 of my mates were left in this classroom over lunch time with everyones stuff (we were, on the surface, good lil kids) and so the teachers laptop was left on and we downloaded HU and danced around the classroom with it, best high school memory hands down!

But Hard Candy really isn't very good as an album cover is it? (and I love the contents). That sort of shyt works better on the stage or on a video.

I never said it was a great cover. I just simply stated that she went from being applauded for flashing her cunt all over the place in HU to being a disgusting,embarrassing,pathetic whore 2 years later for an album cover.

Guest SuperPop

One of her grestest moments of the last 10 years...

I would say easily her greatest moment (songwise & iconic video) of the last decade! Perfect in every single level :wow:

I still believe that the EMA opening that year is her best ever award opening..

Guest Drowned Bedtime

Saw the UK premiere of it when it came on Channel 4 at like 9pm. I loved it.

My favourite bit (still) is the bit with the rapid cuts in the club, when she's going "slowlysoslowlysoslowlyso" and she's thrusting above the boombox.

*faints*