Madonna on The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Camacho

Guest bluejean

SHE WAS GOING TO DO ELLEN FOR SOMETHING NONMUSIC RELATED. That was more than obvious. Any fans expecting otherwise are fucking stupid.

:lol: Harsh but true.

Madonna on why she chose to speak out about bullying...

Ellen: I appreciate that you wanted to speak to this cause here because it is a very important cause to me and I understand for you. So speak to us.

Madonna: Well, I just feel it would be incredible remiss of me to not say something. I'm incredibly disturbed and saddened by the overwhelming number of teen suicides that have been reported lately because of bullying. Suicide in general is disturbing. Teenagers committing suicide is extremely disturbing but to hear that teenagers are taking their lives because they are being bullied in schools and dormitories, what have you, is kind of unfathomable. I know a number of people have spoken out about it but I feel like I need to say something. The gay community has been incredibly supportive of me. I wouldn't have a career if it weren't for the gay community...I have a teenage daughter and I have ongoing discussions with her about this topic so I feel like I need to say a few words...

Madonna on being bullied as a kid...

Ellen: Were you bullied as a kid? Did you feel different than other people when you were younger?

Madonna: Yes, that's an understatement. I still feel different. I can totally relate to the idea of feeling isolated and alienated. I was incredibly lonely as a child, as a teenager. I have to say I never felt like I fit in in school. I wasn't a jock. I wasn't an intellectual. There was no group that I felt a part of. I just felt like a weirdo...It wasn't until my ballet teacher who was also gay took me under his wing and introduced me to a community of artists of other unique individuals who told me it was good and okay to be different and brought me to my first gay disco and ironically made me feel I was part of the world and it was okay to be different.

Madonna on how she talks to her kids about bullying...

Ellen: What do you say to your children, Madonna? You said you started having these conversations when you talk about bullying. What do you say?

Madonna:..We talk a lot about the importance of not judging people who are different. Not judging people who don't fit into our expected view of what's cool and what isn't. Think about it across the board. The concept that we are torturing teenagers because they are gay. It's kind of like I said earlier. It's unfathomable. It's like lynching black people or Hitler exterminating Jews. Sorry if I'm going on a rampage right now but this is America. The land of the free and the home of the brave....

Madonna on a solution to bullying...and when she will be back in the recording studio...

Madonna: I think it would be interesting for everybody to try one simple experiment. If you want to talk about solutions or how can we solve this problem? Try to get through the day each and everyone of us...without gossiping about somebody. Without gossiping about anybody. And not only that. Not even listening to gossip. Walking away from it. Can you imagine what your day would be like? How much more free time you'd have? I also feel like you'd feel about better about yourself...

Ellen: I think it's a good challenge. Just thinking that there is somebody on the other end of that....Madonna, I think you're an amazing woman and before I let you go, when are we going to hear another album? We're waiting for another album.

Madonna: Ellen, never let me go.

Ellen: I know you are finishing up a film right now...

Madonna: I'm editing it (her film) and as soon as I'm done. I've got to get my butt in the studio and make some more music.

Ellen: We can't wait.

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna on why she chose to speak out about bullying...

Ellen: I appreciate that you wanted to speak to this cause here because it is a very important cause to me and I understand for you. So speak to us.

Madonna: Well, I just feel it would be incredible remiss of me to not say something. I'm incredibly disturbed and saddened by the overwhelming number of teen suicides that have been reported lately because of bullying. Suicide in general is disturbing. Teenagers committing suicide is extremely disturbing but to hear that teenagers are taking their lives because they are being bullied in schools and dormitories, what have you, is kind of unfathomable. I know a number of people have spoken out about it but I feel like I need to say something. The gay community has been incredibly supportive of me. I wouldn't have a career if it weren't for the gay community...I have a teenage daughter and I have ongoing discussions with her about this topic so I feel like I need to say a few words...

Madonna on being bullied as a kid...

Ellen: Were you bullied as a kid? Did you feel different than other people when you were younger?

Madonna: Yes, that's an understatement. I still feel different. I can totally relate to the idea of feeling isolated and alienated. I was incredibly lonely as a child, as a teenager. I have to say I never felt like I fit in in school. I wasn't a jock. I wasn't an intellectual. There was no group that I felt a part of. I just felt like a weirdo...It wasn't until my ballet teacher who was also gay took me under his wing and introduced me to a community of artists of other unique individuals who told me it was good and okay to be different and brought me to my first gay disco and ironically made me feel I was part of the world and it was okay to be different.

Madonna on how she talks to her kids about bullying...

Ellen: What do you say to your children, Madonna? You said you started having these conversations when you talk about bullying. What do you say?

Madonna:..We talk a lot about the importance of not judging people who are different. Not judging people who don't fit into our expected view of what's cool and what isn't. Think about it across the board. The concept that we are torturing teenagers because they are gay. It's kind of like I said earlier. It's unfathomable. It's like lynching black people or Hitler exterminating Jews. Sorry if I'm going on a rampage right now but this is America. The land of the free and the home of the brave....

Madonna on a solution to bullying...and when she will be back in the recording studio...

Madonna: I think it would be interesting for everybody to try one simple experiment. If you want to talk about solutions or how can we solve this problem? Try to get through the day each and everyone of us...without gossiping about somebody. Without gossiping about anybody. And not only that. Not even listening to gossip. Walking away from it. Can you imagine what your day would be like? How much more free time you'd have? I also feel like you'd feel about better about yourself...

Ellen: I think it's a good challenge. Just thinking that there is somebody on the other end of that....Madonna, I think you're an amazing woman and before I let you go, when are we going to hear another album? We're waiting for another album.

Madonna: Ellen, never let me go.

Ellen: I know you are finishing up a film right now...

Madonna: I'm editing it (her film) and as soon as I'm done. I've got to get my butt in the studio and make some more music.

Ellen: We can't wait.

I love Madonna. Forever.

:smooch:

Fans really need to get the fuck over this NEW MUSIC SHIT.

The album is barely in it's beginning stages, so why the FUCK would she make some huge TV message about it?

SHE WAS GOING TO DO ELLEN FOR SOMETHING NONMUSIC RELATED. That was more than obvious. Any fans expecting otherwise are fucking stupid.

Let's FUCK! :inlove::thumbsup:

Is there any video up yet of the whole interview?

As for her not announcing new music or anything like that. Did we really expect she would in the first place?

On the other hand some here acts like they're better than others. I mean we could all be honest that we WOULD like something like that to be announced.. let's not fool ourselves here.

nice black dress! :lmao:

its nice what she said about it, she probably felt it as a mother and at school she didnt really fit so i guess it could relate to that.. she is amazing!

Madonna Joins Fight Against Bullying

MADONNA has become the latest star to speak out against bullying, insisting she is "incredibly disturbed and saddened" by the recent spate of suicides among unhappy youngsters - because she too felt isolated as a teen.

Troubled gay students have hit headlines across the U.S. in recent weeks after several allegedly took their own lives following cruel taunts from their peers.

And the pop superstar admits she is heartbroken by the tragic deaths - because it was her gay friends who ultimately made her feel accepted.

Speaking via satellite on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Madonna says, "I'm incredibly disturbed and saddened by the overwhelming number of teen suicides that have been reported lately because of bullying. Suicide in general is disturbing. Teenagers committing suicide is extremely disturbing but to hear that teenagers are taking their lives because they are being bullied in schools and dormitories... is kind of unfathomable..."

"The gay community has been incredibly supportive of me... I can totally relate to the idea of feeling isolated and alienated. I was incredibly lonely as a child, as a teenager. I have to say I never felt like I fit in in school. I wasn't a jock. I wasn't an intellectual. There was no group that I felt a part of. I just felt like a weirdo... It wasn't until my ballet teacher, who was also gay, took me under his wing and introduced me to a community of artists of other unique individuals who told me it was good and OK to be different and brought me to my first gay disco and ironically made me feel I was part of the world and it was OK to be different."

source: contactmusic

Someone had tweeted that she said she was too busy with her kids and the movie to think about when a new CD would come out- so, it's nice that she laos made a comment about getting back in the studio (if that little transcript is accurate).

And, of course she wasn't going on the show to announce anything music-related.

Guest chatty kathy

M Suggests 'Experiment' To End Bullying

MADONNA has offered up a practical solution to stamp out bullying - she's encouraging fans to give up gossip for one day to eradicate cruel teasing.

The Papa Don't Preach singer has spoken out against bullying after a number of American teens allegedly ended their lives over hateful taunts from classmates.

Madonna is convinced students can eradicate the problem if they stop gossiping about their peers, and she is urging everyone to try it for one day.

Appearing via satellite on The Ellen DeGeneres show, she says, "I think it would be interesting for everybody to try one simple experiment. If you want to talk about solutions or how can we solve this problem, try to get through the day, each and every one of us, without gossiping about somebody. Without gossiping about anybody. And not only that - not even listening to gossip. Walking away from it.

"Can you imagine what your day would be like? How much more free time you'd have? I also feel like you'd feel better about yourself."

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/madonna-suggests-experiment-to-end-bullying_1181062

What M, no TMZ, no Perez, no Just Jared?

Fans really need to get the fuck over this NEW MUSIC SHIT.

The album is barely in it's beginning stages, so why the FUCK would she make some huge TV message about it?

what about saying that she was pregnant? :lmao:

Guest groovyguy

nice black dress! :lmao:

its nice what she said about it, she probably felt it as a mother and at school she didnt really fit so i guess it could relate to that.. she is amazing!

Amen! She is amazing!