Madonna concert buzz looks a lot like a prayer

TOUR2008

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

It does amuse me that loons just can't accept that the greatest of creative wells run dry and every dog has its day with a new puppy evetually replacing it.

They all seem so obsessed with deluding themselves that she's still 35 because her latest surgery looks so amazing, when in actual fact, her "time" as the popstar they want her to be [a mincing music video Queen] is pretty much gonna be up eventually [if not now].

Anyway, i could care less for amazing vidoes, i have a whole LIBRARY of them from the last 30 years, not many fans of other acts can say that. I just hope her next album is great and her tour comes down to Australia, i want to finally see her live before she needs to be wheeled onto the stage via her Nursing home care taker.

I guess it depends whether or not the fan likes an artist for their work or their hype. Some people have a more mature mindset and prefer to relate to the artistic passion and depth that somebody exudes. Some are still faggy teenagers, waiting for a pop star to show how desperately relevant and 'hip' they are in order to make them feel young themselves. Must be quite sad to feel that bitter about getting old on the outside while staying immature on the inside. Personally, I prefer myself the other way round. *Botoxs entire existence*.

Old singers/bands always end up becoming touring acts. When Madonna is 60, what is everyone expecting? music videos of her all overly digitally airbrushed and dance songs hitting #1 with Ke$ha and Willow Smith not far behind :lol: i mean really.

She's doing great and she's concentrating on where she is actually able to make a proper impact, which is touring and album sales.

I think some fans are going to have real trouble accepting how Madonna's image/output changes as she gets older and older. It's been 30 years folks, and she's moving WELL into her mid 50's......it's not going to be 1989 forever.

Should I try and attempt to listen to what has musically changed so much since 1989?

Edited by Lick

Guest bluejean

They all seem so obsessed with deluding themselves that she's still 35 because her latest surgery looks so amazing, when in actual fact, her "time" as the popstar they want her to be [a mincing music video Queen] is pretty much gonna be up eventually [if not now].

Anyway, i could care less for amazing vidoes, i have a whole LIBRARY of them from the last 30 years, not many fans of other acts can say that. I just hope her next album is great and her tour comes down to Australia, i want to finally see her live before she needs to be wheeled onto the stage via her Nursing home care taker.

It has nothing to do with her being a "mincing video queen." , Her last 3 great videos What It Feels Like For A Girl, Die Another Day and American Life all had nothing "mincing" about them. If anything has been "mincing" it's the recent lazy video shoots that her fans are disappointed over.

Maybe for her next album, she could direct a set of music videos but not actually appear in them. I really don't think 3 GOOD music videos with some thought and meaning put into them (see above for examples) is alot to expect from MADONNA. I'm happy that you and others are content with your video libraries and Gaga's Carry On Madonna additions, but most of us would prefer some new classic Madonna videos with substance. We had them up until 2004. So why not now?

It has nothing to do with her being a "mincing video queen." , Her last 3 great videos What It Feels Like For A Girl, Die Another Day and American Life all had nothing "mincing" about them. If anything has been "mincing" it's the recent lazy video shoots that her fans are disappointed over.

Exactly. I mean what exactly doesn't Madonna "have in her"? She can still dance, she still looks great, and she's still creative as seen on all of her tours since Drowned. The only reason why Madonna hasn't been putting as much effort into videos is because the zenre had dried up and died. It would not have done much to invest money and energy into videos because at the end of the day videos are a promotional tool and if no one is watching them what's the point? With Gaga and other breathing new life into the dying field it may do Madonna some good to put a little more time and effort into music videos while promoting her new album. As a fan I would love to see another great video from her. Of course I don't need it, I could always watch her old videos, but why not? It's not like she's dead. I don't know how such a simple thread turned into a thread about Madonna being old and washed up and how her fans think she's 35 and need to let her die already. What the hell?

Madonna's video for Fever looks like it does because it was done for the clubs and I'm sure some of the more recent videos weren't expected to go much further w/o MTV playing music. She's practicle, which is why we never got an overly long, expensive and bloated video from her like Michael Jackson delivered over and over. Music video is very important at this stage for Lady Gaga who is all about image and can cement herself as a continuing iconic force in the music world now or never. This is why she checks Youtube every day to see how many hits she got.

By that comment i assume you're trying to say that her output since 1989 is shit???

No, what I'm saying is that I can't adapt to the coming of the ages Musically.... Every time I hear Music by Jay Z, Ke$ha, Beyonce, Kayne West, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Bieber, Taio Cruz, Eminem, Akon, T.I., Pitbull, Enrique, Ludacris, Black Eye Peas, Justin Timberlake, Timberland, Katy Perry, GaGa, Usher, Snoop Dog I CRINGE.... I can't bare the thought of stepping out of 1980 and listening to how music evolved.... This is why Mariah is the Number one songstress cause she never step foot out of the 80ty's!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Edited by Lick

People don't spend money on music and TV doesn't show music videos anymore. What's the point of promoting singles? The singles market is fucked up. Going on tour is the main source for money nowadays. Blame it on technology but whose fault is that? It's us!

Madonna doesnt make good videos anymore because its OUR fault??? :lmao:

why are you still bothering to show up here then?? and people wonder why I hate you so much

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Uh... settle down and read it again, he's defending her.

No point trying to explain something simple to someone who is mentally challenged.

Lady Gaga who is all about image and can cement herself as a continuing iconic force in the music world now or never. This is why she checks Youtube every day to see how many hits she got.

:rotfl:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Maybe for her next album, she could direct a set of music videos but not actually appear in them. I really don't think 3 GOOD music videos with some thought and meaning put into them (see above for examples) is alot to expect from MADONNA. I'm happy that you and others are content with your video libraries and Gaga's Carry On Madonna additions, but most of us would prefer some new classic Madonna videos with substance. We had them up until 2004. So why not now?

Maybe she's just over doing them. Maybe making them bores her :dazed:

I don't know how such a simple thread turned into a thread about Madonna being old and washed up and how her fans think she's 35 and need to let her die already.

I didn't say she was washed up or needs to die, but congrats on being the forum Drama Queen for the day.

Her fans are obsessed with her looking young, it's all they ever yammer on about, i don't care, but they clearly invest a lot of interest in her keeping up a youthful image to the public with the constant shock and awe of "omg she looks 12, everyone needs to see this omg" and "omg she looks old here, must be photoshopped pics". Comes across that way to me anyway. I was just saying.

Her focus has shifted on parts of her career that she is clearly more invested in. Maybe music with more substance will bring out the "video artist" some of you are crying for.

After a high budget 4 Minutes video, a successful run for the Hard Candy album and an AMAZING world wide tour, i can't say there's much room for me to be moaning about really, but that's just me.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Well we all agree her video output has been poor for a while, so maybe he's right in saying her well has run dry for video making [and music making depending on if you like her current stuff] :dazed:

He just puts it in a very blunt cunty way :lol: i wouldn't take it seriously, but he isn't wrong in his opinion that even the best of the best can run out of steam and give way for more "exciting" newcomers, or however you want to put it. It happened to MJ and he was "THE GREATEST PERFORMER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!X0X0X1", so it eventually happening to Madonna isn't this awful hater view of her. I don't have that opinion of her NOW, but one day she will be Granny Midge and i'm sure fans will STILL be distraught that she isn't dominating the charts via the nursing home.

Well we all agree her video output has been poor for a while, so maybe he's right in saying her well has run dry for video making [and music making depending on if you like her current stuff] :dazed:

He just puts it in a very blunt cunty way :lol: i wouldn't take it seriously, but he isn't wrong in his opinion that even the best of the best can run out of steam and give way for more "exciting" newcomers, or however you want to put it. It happened to MJ and he was "THE GREATEST PERFORMER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!X0X0X1", so it eventually happening to Madonna isn't this awful hater view of her. I don't have that opinion of her NOW, but one day she will be Granny Midge and i'm sure fans will STILL be distraught that she isn't dominating the charts via the nursing home.

I think she still has it in her it's just that for the last few eras she hasn't seen music videos as a viable promotional tool. Videos were pretty much done until Lady Gaga revived them. Madonna's tour videos are still great, she's still in shape, she still has energy, she's still changing so I don't see why she couldn't make a great video again. It's not exactly like MJ where he was pretty much recycling ideas year after year. I don't think she's to the point where she literally can't make a great video again. To me it just feels like she hasn't been interested in videos since American Life.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I agree. Of course she can make a great video again, but fans tend to react to her sometimes like she's only 10 years into her career or something. I'm just curious to see how fans react to her when she hits 60 and is barely putting out ONE music video for an album let alone a whole collection of new pop culture defining video masterpieces.

She's still present as a music act, her music and tours show that, but that time of her being the FOREFRONT of pop culture and music videos ect ect is most likely behind her. It's not easy to lead that pack at her age, i don't know why it's hard for fans to come to terms with that.

I think she still has it in her it's just that for the last few eras she hasn't seen music videos as a viable promotional tool. Videos were pretty much done until Lady Gaga revived them. Madonna's tour videos are still great, she's still in shape, she still has energy, she's still changing so I don't see why she couldn't make a great video again. It's not exactly like MJ where he was pretty much recycling ideas year after year. I don't think she's to the point where she literally can't make a great video again. To me it just feels like she hasn't been interested in videos since American Life.

The last great Madonna video was Hung Up and in Sorry she looked GREAT but the video wasn't on par to the song, and Hung Up wasn't even her best. Yea I was shocked to see a great Video that accompanied the Bad Romance tune, yet Alejandro was awful and not for the many Madonna references but for the meaningless art direction....

Edited by Lick