New album rumors are starting to come out....

LoveBoxx

It is not necessary in terms of 'music nobody has done before". What Madonna herself has never done before would be more sufficient. I do not really think Ray of Light was revolutionary in terms of music, but it was her image that was revolutioanry for her, she really was "shiny and new"-). Like a Prayer, however, was indeed revolutionary, and this masterpiece stands out. For Madonna, image as important as her music. This time Madonna needs a breakthrough both in terms of image and music, otherwise she will become a "has been" even for her hardcore fans.

WORD.

It is not necessary in terms of 'music nobody has done before". What Madonna herself has never done before would be more sufficient. I do not really think Ray of Light was revolutionary in terms of music, but it was her image that was revolutioanry for her, she really was "shiny and new"-). Like a Prayer, however, was indeed revolutionary, and this masterpiece stands out. For Madonna, image as important as her music. This time Madonna needs a breakthrough both in terms of image and music, otherwise she will become a "has been" even for her hardcore fans.

Okay, then I agree with you. I guess I misunderstood what you meant by revolutionary. As far as her image, I think it's hard for her to keep coming up with new looks. She has tried almost every look. Whatever look she does now will be seen as a repeat of an earlier look. Whereas when she did LAP, she hadn't had as many previous looks. I think Madonna's biggest competition is her own past work and images.

music videos are now ads within ads

Yes -- I guess it's important not to forget that essentially the music video is an ad for the song... It's just that Madonna is one of the artists who, historically, helped elevate the medium to an art form that was not necessarily merely in existence to sell the song (although it could serve that purpose, too).

When did this practice change, by the way? In the early days of MTV, wasn't it a no-no to have blatant product placement? Seems like that's very commonplace nowadays. (Funny that I had an idea in my mind that they weren't allowed to display a can of Pepsi, for example, back in the day -- and now bottles of liquor get their very own close-up shots in the most popular videos.)

Okay, then I agree with you. I guess I misunderstood what you meant by revolutionary. As far as her image, I think it's hard for her to keep coming up with new looks. She has tried almost every look. Whatever look she does now will be seen as a repeat of an earlier look. Whereas when she did LAP, she hadn't had as many previous looks. I think Madonna's biggest competition is her own past work and images.

I agree that finding a new image would be a challenge given she has had so many of them, but...common, guys, it is Madonna, and she still has the chance! Even in the past, a lot of people thought: oh, she is done, nothing new would be possible, but she always surprised the public at the end of the day! That is what made Madonna MADONNA. I am sure there are tons of opportunities for her!

Some ideas: make a rock album, change the religion, and...marry Justin Bieber!:-) lol (did I really say it?;-))))

We all said the same thing from when she was recording COAD to Live8 when she announced the title of the record. We all thought she did all the looks and themes. But bringing back everything disco and dance was refreshing and new for us fans, even for the media too.

Look at Hard Candy, the boxing theme jumped out of nowhere, and it was something Madonna never did before. It was different, unique, and a return to darkness. But it originally had a more deeper meaning at first, till the turn around with the album title change. But thats a whole different story.

Whatver it is she'll for a next record, she'll surprise us. And no matter what, i'll be happy. Cause it's new music to my ears.

Guest Pud Whacker

Madonna's fabulous: END.

all the turds these homogays are all over is because of Madonna.

GET OFF THE LORDS BUS IF YOU AINT GOT CORRECT CHANGE!!!!

Judging from Madonna's comments on Ellen yesterday, I think she will be in the recording studio by late December (the earliest) or February (the very latest). Couple that with the rumor from Sebastian Ingrosso (Swedish House Mafia), I think it is safe to assume she is probably already listening to demos and maybe even writing lyrics. After all, she has said several times she's like to be prepared before she goes into the studio.

If she stays true to her past work timelines, an album started before the end of the year could be out by next Christmas (2011). But if she starts after the New Year, Spring 2012 will probably be the next guess for a release - I believe it would also mark the longest she's gone between studio albums.

I still think a 2011 tour is not likely at this point, and a fall 2011 album would make sense. Considering the high dollar amount of her album advances from Live Nation, they would very likely push her to deliver something in the 4th quarter when record sales are highest. Just sayin'...

I'd expect a spring release. Several of her albums have been released then so they don't get lost in the pre-Christmas rush. It's a common record company ploy to release in the quieter period to improve the chances of a No.1.

Long time away though :(

Guest dance2nite

A radio group in Australia has claimed to announced that Madonna will tour Australia in 2011"

"The radio group Australian Broadcasting Corporation has confirmed that Madonna will visit the country next year, and states that Australila will be the start of the wold tour 2011. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation radio group has Confirmed That Madonna will visit the country next year, and states Australila That Will Be the start of the tour wold 2011. Without giving many details, they report that Madonna will unveil "very soon" on this new tour, and inform the countries which will pass."

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.madonnamexico.com/&ei=FSbbTMrfLYSivgOwvsWlCg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmadonna%2Bmexico%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1276%26bih%3D791%26rlz%3D1W1GGLL_en%26prmd%3Dvn

God i hope it's true!

A radio group in Australia has claimed to announced that Madonna will tour Australia in 2011"

"The radio group Australian Broadcasting Corporation has confirmed that Madonna will visit the country next year, and states that Australila will be the start of the wold tour 2011. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation radio group has Confirmed That Madonna will visit the country next year, and states Australila That Will Be the start of the tour wold 2011. Without giving many details, they report that Madonna will unveil "very soon" on this new tour, and inform the countries which will pass."

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.madonnamexico.com/&ei=FSbbTMrfLYSivgOwvsWlCg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmadonna%2Bmexico%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1276%26bih%3D791%26rlz%3D1W1GGLL_en%26prmd%3Dvn

God i hope it's true!

Erm... this is the 1312873871284 times they said that?

I think it is safe to assume she is probably already listening to demos and maybe even writing lyrics.

I hope she's not writing about goodbye, tick tock, time goes by, fuzzy dreams, or climbing trees.

I hope she's not writing about goodbye, tick tock, time goes by, fuzzy dreams, or climbing trees.

or waiting, or hesitating...

My god, how can someone who wrote "Promise to Try" write such vapid lyrics nowadays? Ugh.

God i hope it's true!

Wouldn't this be all over the Australia press and not on a Mexican Madonna fan site? You really need to lay off the touring Kool Aid, dance2nite. You've been circulating these rumors for months and there is no shred of evidence yet that any of them are true.

Whatver it is she'll for a next record, she'll surprise us. And no matter what, i'll be happy. Cause it's new music to my ears.

That's exactly how I'll feel on it! She's never let me down yet and I know she never will. Sure, I may not like a few songs here and there. But, that doesn't mean she's disappointed me as a whole. Besides if there is a song I may not like, there is usually something else in her creativity that I do.

Or catching her on the dancefloor :) I want the new album to have strong,profound lyrics.

I'd expect a spring release. Several of her albums have been released then so they don't get lost in the pre-Christmas rush. It's a common record company ploy to release in the quieter period to improve the chances of a No.1.

Long time away though :(

Yeah...Spring 2011.. then tour in Summer ! :thumbsup:

Edited by madonnacelebration