New album rumors are starting to come out....

LoveBoxx

A radio version would have been a good single. HC has potential songs like Beat Goes On or She's Not Me that could have been good singles. I wonder why they released Miles Away and stopped the promo of the album so soon.

its obvious that WBR is only interested in promoting the album to make a profit. With Madonna's music, she is guaranteed to sell a certain ammount and that will usually produce a profit. Once the profit is made, they stop caring about the promotion.

Also, Madonna has complete control over released music. If she is not interested in promoting a new single, why would the record company be interested either.

If Miles Away hadn't have flopped so badly maybe there would have been more singles from Hard Candy. True it was an album littered with potential hits but in the days of downloads and Youtube the singles need to be released before the album not 8 months after in otrder to be a hit.

Who is that spinning bitch and why is she spinning?

It's from the Whip My Hair video by Willow Smith.

Her name is Leyomi Mizrahi. She was on America's Best Dance Crew as part of the group Vogue Evolution. She is pretty much a vogueing legend in the NYC underground. She's really fucking awesome! You should YouTube her. :)

a sample...

Definitely! Just like the 'Erotica' album, 'Hard Candy' was bottomless with potential hit singles. Warners/Madonna are experts on killing momentum for her albums. I remember when Erotica came out, both "Thief Of Hearts" & "Waiting" were played on the radio. For 'Bedtime Stories', I heard "Inside Of Me" on the radio after "Take A Bow" peaked but, Madonna went with "Bedtime Story". For Confessions On A Dancefloor, "Jump" was getting airplay but we got "Sorry" instead. And while I LOVE "Give It 2 Me", that was the wrong choice for a follow up to "4 Minutes". This was her "R&B" album. "Beat Goes On" was SCREAMING to be played on radio. Even fucking Puff Daddy (if that's what he's still calling himself) predicted it was going to be the summer JAM of 2008. Oh well.

I can't say much about Erotica and as for Bedtime Stories I do think they picked the right singles.

Warner/Madonna camp started killing monumentums with Music primarly.

After "Don't Tell Me", they should have released "Nobody's Perfect" or "I Deserve It" instead WIFLFAG.

With American Life they should have released another first single from the get go.

I don't agree with "Sorry" though, Although flopping in the states it became a major single worldwide and was the perfect follow up to Hung Up. To be honest Jump would have been a mistake as it's almost as generically lame as Celebration. Get Together was a good single choice but bad timing and promo.

With Hard Candy they killed it right away after 4 Minutes. They had a really monumentum here, but they listened to the gay fans instead of being rational (no offense).

Beat Goes On should have been the second single followed by The Devil Couldn't Recognize You.

Now we got Give it 2 Me followed by granny song Miles Away.

Edited by Zezwer

Guest bluejean

I always feel that her fans seem to know what was best AFTER the fact. Most approved of Give It 2 Me and Miles Away until they didn't so well, then suddenly 'Beat Goes On' was apparently the "perfect choice."

'Give It 2 Me' was very catchy and there's no way 'Beat Goes On' would have done any differently in my opinion. I really think Warner have made mostly the right choices and I'm sure Madonna had ALOT of say. They are hardly going to put more money into more singles on a project that is basically dead and that the artist isn't interested in promoting anymore.

I always feel that her fans seem to know what was best AFTER the fact. Most approved of Give It 2 Me and Miles Away until they didn't so well, then suddenly 'Beat Goes On' was apparently the "perfect choice."

'Give It 2 Me' was very catchy and there's no way 'Beat Goes On' would have done any differently in my opinion. I really think Warner have made mostly the right choices and I'm sure Madonna had ALOT of say. They are hardly going to put more money into more singles on a project that is basically dead and that the artist isn't interested in promoting anymore.

You are partly true but i'm only speaking for myself.

I never thought GI2M was the right choice as second single and never in my life should I Have chosen Myles Away as a single, with or without any "facts".

We could never know how BGO would fair, but since this album was build upon the idea of cater to the US market then it was just stupid after the JT/Timbo track not to go for the Kanye one.. atleast that's my thought.

But done is done.

i just gonna say that this place is amazing kthnxbai

o and

i dont rlly care if madonna just releases new albums with unreleased material

i just need new madonna in my life :rant:

Guest bluejean

We could never know how BGO would fair, but since this album was build upon the idea of cater to the US market then it was just stupid after the JT/Timbo track not to go for the Kanye one.. atleast that's my thought.

I think Beat Goes On would have done better than Miles Away. Not sure about Give It 2 Me, I guess the inclusion of Kanye would have helped but I wouldn't say Beat Goes On is catchier than Give It 2 Me. Overall, I honestly don't think Warner could have done a much better job promoting than what they did with what they had. I think Heartbeat could have made a good single, or maybe She's Not Me. But the fact that Give It 2 Me flopped made it pretty hopeless for anything that followed. It's a shame because there are some really good songs on that album.

The last Madonna album to have more than 2 top 10 hit singles in the US was Like A Prayer.

I think Beat Goes On would have done better than Miles Away. Not sure about Give It 2 Me, I guess the inclusion of Kanye would have helped but I wouldn't say Beat Goes On is catchier than Give It 2 Me. Overall, I honestly don't think Warner could have done a much better job promoting than what they did with what they had. I think Heartbeat could have made a good single, or maybe She's Not Me. But the fact that Give It 2 Me flopped made it pretty hopeless for anything that followed. It's a shame because there are some really good songs on that album.

The last Madonna album to have more than 2 top 10 hit singles in the US was Like A Prayer.

Well, you may be mostly right -- judging from the performance of GI2M, Miles Away, Celebration, and Revolver -- if Warner stopped putting forth much effort with that last batch of singles, then M really will be in trouble during the Live Nation years without Warner to help promote things. I know Liz can handle the publicity without much support from Warner, but perhaps this is what chart performance will be like from now on.

I would disagree, though, that they did everything they could -- Miles Away could have used a video. Not sure why that video never was released until the Celebration DVD came out. (Unless that, too, was a choice from Madonna and her management -- perhaps something to do with the live footage rights being given exclusively in certain markets, etc.)

Of course, I hope all this worrying was for nothing when the next album is released. But it does make me wonder, since Live Nation's strong suit isn't recorded music (but rather, live music experiences), whether they're going to effectively promote her new material or if Warner really did more than any of us realized behind the scenes to get her music heard in new places.

Also, wouldn't Music be the last time this happened in the U.S.? "Music" was a number one hit (simultaneously with the album hitting #1 -- which she hasn't done again since the Like a Prayer album and single)... and then "Don't Tell Me" was a top 10 hit.

Since then, only the lead/first single from a project has hit the top 10 and the rest struggle for top 40, if that. (I'm thinking of "Die Another Day" as the first AL single in this case... "Hung Up" and "4 Minutes" are proper lead singles and were top 10. "Die Another Day" was top 10; "American Life" was top 40, I think... After that it was all downhill chartwise, but...)

Also, wouldn't Music be the last time this happened in the U.S.? "Music" was a number one hit (simultaneously with the album hitting #1 -- which she hasn't done again since the Like a Prayer album and single)... and then "Don't Tell Me" was a top 10 hit.

Since then, only the lead/first single from a project has hit the top 10 and the rest struggle for top 40, if that. (I'm thinking of "Die Another Day" as the first AL single in this case... "Hung Up" and "4 Minutes" are proper lead singles and were top 10. "Die Another Day" was top 10; "American Life" was top 40, I think... After that it was all downhill chartwise, but...)

I think he said MORE than 2 Top 10 singles.

I can't say much about Erotica and as for Bedtime Stories I do think they picked the right singles.

Warner/Madonna camp started killing monumentums with Music primarly.

After "Don't Tell Me", they should have released "Nobody's Perfect" or "I Deserve It" instead WIFLFAG.

With American Life they should have released another first single from the get go.

I don't agree with "Sorry" though, Although flopping in the states it became a major single worldwide and was the perfect follow up to Hung Up. To be honest Jump would have been a mistake as it's almost as generically lame as Celebration. Get Together was a good single choice but bad timing and promo.

With Hard Candy they killed it right away after 4 Minutes. They had a really monumentum here, but they listened to the gay fans instead of being rational (no offense).

Beat Goes On should have been the second single followed by The Devil Couldn't Recognize You.

Now we got Give it 2 Me followed by granny song Miles Away.

Firstly GI2M charted in the US (due to downloads) before it's single release and reached #57, BGO didn't do so. secondly both BGO and Devil would've been a terrible choices because BGO has 2 other people doing majority of the singing/rapping on it and Devil sounds like a generic Cry Me a River take off. Both GI2M and MA (or Heartbeat & Shes Not Me) were better choices. Had BGO been released it would've been a reputation nightmare as she truely would've become seen as a has been leeching off more current artists.

Firstly GI2M charted in the US (due to downloads) before it's single release and reached #57, BGO didn't do so. secondly both BGO and Devil would've been a terrible choices because BGO has 2 other people doing majority of the singing/rapping on it and Devil sounds like a generic Cry Me a River take off. Both GI2M and MA (or Heartbeat & Shes Not Me) were better choices. Had BGO been released it would've been a reputation nightmare as she truely would've become seen as a has been leeching off more current artists.

Correct.

As catchy as BGO it would have been a mistake as 2nd single for the reasons you've mentioned. As 4th or 5th single - yes it could have worked.

Devil is good but an overproduced rehash of Cry Me a River. If it had been given a remix to remove the heavy bass and reverb and the nasty 'rain' effects then we could have been looking at a nice single.

I've often thought that giving her latter singles the remix treatment would help her radio and chart performance. I mean 'proper' remixes (like the Shep 7" mixes and Fever video mix) and not 'club mix radio edits'. A decent remix of DWRY could have removed some of the bad points and turned it into something less Timba and Lake.

I think Give It To Me was a wise choice, the song is a good single and it's a good song (i find it annoying now, but at first i liked it a lot). But the video was a disappointment and she didn't promote it as she should. Maybe she should start taking the album seriously and don't forget about them after the first hype. Look at Beyoncé, she fights for her songs fiercely and makes videos, performances, re-recordings... Look at Gaga too, every song seems to be a pandemonium with videos, magazine covers, promo... Madonna seems to think she's still in 1992 when everything she did was enough to have a hit.

The song Sorry would have been bigger if she had kept the momentum going with Hung Up. A better video, a kick ass performance in X Factor and in some programs of USA... And the same with HC. But all we have are vids where she opens her legs and walks around with tall boots. And if Warner gives her very little money for a second video, she can take several millions that she have from under the matress and use them to make a better one. That's what Gaga has done and it has worked wonders. If Gaga had waited for the record company to help her, she would be a mere KeSha right now.

Sorry for comparing Madonna to other artists, but it's the only way to explain my point. I don't want her to be Beyonka or Gaga or anybody else.

Really? I think Miles Away was one of the worst Madonna single choices in her whole career. It's really AC+ radio. No problem with the mature sound, but it was just generic and oldfashion in a way.

Edited by Zezwer

Let Madonna take her time, and make something decent this time, next year or whenever she is ready. I don't want Hard Candy-2 - not only was that album absolutely inappropriate and ridiculous at her age, but it did not have any single decent song on it either. It is time she did something revolutionary, otherwise Chao Madonna (her great legacy will still remain, and she has already secured her place in history).

I think he said MORE than 2 Top 10 singles.

D'oh! :shy: Thank you for pointin that out, Nightshade -- it was late and I misread that. Sorry, bluejean!

And if Warner gives her very little money for a second video, she can take several millions that she have from under the matress and use them to make a better one. That's what Gaga has done and it has worked wonders. If Gaga had waited for the record company to help her, she would be a mere KeSha right now.

Well, on the other hand, GaGa's bloated video budgets have been inflated with cash from [tacky] endorsements -- not to say that the production values of the videos have been inferior (because they haven't -- they look slick and flashy), but overall, it kind of cheapens the video [in my opinion] to have product placement from alcoholic beverages, sandwich spreads, mobile telephones, etc.

We can criticize all we want about Madonna 'cheapening' her brand by endorsing 'fast fashion' lines in addition to high fashion designers' lines, and now fitness centers ... but at least she's not blatantly advertising in her art. (Yes, I know she's allowed her songs to be used in commercials to help sell products -- but it's not like she turned around and obviously placed Motorola phones in everyone's hands for the "Hung Up" video. Now if the next music video has signs for "Hard Candy" Fitness Centers all over the place, I'll be shocked and disappointed -- but I think Madonna does well to keep the commercialization out of her artwork. The only time she allows cross-promotion of other entities is for humanitarian reasons -- Raising Malawi, for instance, being promoted during CT, and so on.)

Let Madonna take her time, and make something decent this time, next year or whenever she is ready. I don't want Hard Candy-2 - not only was that album absolutely inappropriate and ridiculous at her age, but it did not have any single decent song on it either. It is time she did something revolutionary, otherwise Chao Madonna (her great legacy will still remain, and she has already secured her place in history).

But what can she really do that is revolutionary? I think in 2010, it's impossible to make music unlike anyone has ever heard before. I think she just needs to make a good record of songs with memorable pop melodies not something unlike anyone has ever heard before. Were LAP and Ray of Light really revolutionary? I think the sounds on them had been done before by other artists, but it was new for Madonna and enjoyable.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I'm not a fan of the Gaga endorsements either, it's tacky, but she needs it to finance them so i can let it slide.

I wish people would understand the overuse of it in the Telephone video though, it was meant to be blatant, she was being ironic. Although i'm sure each product featured in it gave her a nice paycheck anyway :lol: which never hurts [smokes].

I'd rather outside product placement than ones for their own shit. Britney's intro to 'Circus' :lol: it's like a random 30 second commerical for her perfume and Bulgari. Also, Fucktina in 'Not Myself Tonight', the ZOOM in on her perfrum bottle before she thrust her way towards it, does her wish bone leg stance and sprays herself hard while acting like she's about to cum. 4real. x.

Pop stars are :lmao:

I didn't trash her, GSM. I said that IN MY OPINION it kind of cheapens the video (at the same time that it enables the artist to make a glossier production) to include product endorsements.

I'm not the one who started comparing GaGa and Madonna in here. I'm simply stating a fact -- that GaGa's videos require large budgets, and those budgets have been balanced with product endorsements. Karbatal was insinuating that GaGa funded her videos herself if they were underfunded by the label -- but there's a third source of funding that he was neglecting. I was simply bringing it up.

I'm not defending Madonna's indifference to music videos, but am applauding the fact that she's not selling mayonnaise in hers. That's all.

I'm not a fan of the Gaga endorsements either, it's tacky, but she needs it to finance them so i can let it slide.

I wish people would understand the overuse of it in the Telephone video though, it was meant to be blatant, she was being ironic. Although i'm sure each product featured in it gave her a nice paycheck anyway :lol: which never hurts [smokes].

I'd rather outside product placement than ones for their own shit. Britney's intro to 'Circus' :lol: it's like a random 30 second commerical for her perfume and Bulgari. Also, Fucktina in 'Not Myself Tonight', the ZOOM in on her perfrum bottle before she thrust her way towards it, does her wish bone leg stance and sprays herself hard while acting like she's about to cum. 4real. x.

Pop stars are :lmao:

Yeah, I know -- it's sort of a necessary evil, I guess. And you're right -- it was way, way overdone in the Telephone video, and there were even fake products in there, too. (Like, I think the fast food they were eating in the car wasn't a real chain, etc.) So, yes, I can see how it was humorous. And I know she wasn't really selling mayo during the sandwich sequence, which I did find kind of humorous... Honestly, I wasn't trying to trash GaGa or start a ridiculous argument in the Madonna section. I was just reminding karbatal that there's another source of revenue for GaGa's video budgets... to which I was kind of saying, "be careful what you wish for" -- because I don't really want Madonna's music videos to turn into commercials, either.

I also agree with the part I bolded above, too... You're right -- that is even tackier.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

No it's fine, i wasn't annoyed or anything. I agree with you.

It's the nature of things sadly. As artistic and in control and blah blah blah as they can be, at the end of the day, they're still commerical acts who whore themsevles out for whatever reason.

But what can she really do that is revolutionary? I think in 2010, it's impossible to make music unlike anyone has ever heard before. I think she just needs to make a good record of songs with memorable pop melodies not something unlike anyone has ever heard before. Were LAP and Ray of Light really revolutionary? I think the sounds on them had been done before by other artists, but it was new for Madonna and enjoyable.

It is not necessary in terms of 'music nobody has done before". What Madonna herself has never done before would be more sufficient. I do not really think Ray of Light was revolutionary in terms of music, but it was her image that was revolutioanry for her, she really was "shiny and new"-). Like a Prayer, however, was indeed revolutionary, and this masterpiece stands out. For Madonna, image as important as her music. This time Madonna needs a breakthrough both in terms of image and music, otherwise she will become a "has been" even for her hardcore fans.