The Deeper & Deeper Rehabilitation Thread

acko

dEEPER & dEEPER

Madonna20-20Deeper20And20Deeper205439-18639-4.jpg

Alright, now don’t come storming in here claiming it’s not really a ‘classic’ as such. Cuz

Really, chart succes & recurring airplay or a shocking lack thereof r not the be all & end all. It’s classic fucking Madonna, but not even GHV2 got it a favourable editorial line or two (sad face). Camille Paglia puts it on her top 10 Madonna list & I have my own coming of age with a strictly lesbian entourage connection 2 it. Although, upon giving my Erotica cassette its first play there was something about the synth & beat that hinted kylie (akin 2 ‘What Do I Have To Do’ & ‘Shocked’,..don’t get loud one reviewer agreed with me in print). Even so, Its lyric & melody are everything, they demand 2 b sung out loud. Written in the great disco tradition, as ever leading the way, bitch was early in reviving the era. :wow:

APPRECIATE..fags who hit puberty during the SEX book will so get this :

ANTHEM!

I also desperately call upon Ursaminorjim who writes an essay on the video like a motherfucker.

9012lw.jpg

But why she went & did it this way :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYguTQazVew

OH WELL..PARTY OVER HERE!!!!

God I love this song. A highlight on the Erotica album for sure. My favorite part is at the very end when she says

I can't keep from falling in love with you

You know there's nothing better that I'd like to do

:dramatic:

God I love this song. A highlight on the Erotica album for sure. My favorite part is at the very end when she says

I can't keep from falling in love with you

You know there's nothing better that I'd like to do

:dramatic:

That last '..to do.' :dramatic:

Why was this not on Celebration? :americanlife:

CLASSIC MADONNA 4 the unabashedly GAY.

And that's why I love it. it's not a gay disguised as a girl. it's a GAY BOY singing on the track and if you don't like it you can suck his dick.

And that's why I love it. it's not a gay disguised as a girl. it's a GAY BOY singing on the track and if you don't like it you can suck his dick.

Personally I think it's a drag queen :fag: .

I mean it features a flamenco breakdown.. :wow:

I love the song, i don't get people critisizing it and even some fans seem to hate it or hate the vid. To me the video is perfect and suits the Erotica era perfectly: something a big scary, a bit too much, and the moment with the man smashing the balloons and Madonna noticing it, coming to reality, realizing that that moment when she was crazy in that discotheque was gone and then trying to scape and gather the rest of the balloons that are still untouched, until the man comes and cuts the strings: no hope, she's trapped.

The song is such a witty one, good lyrics and strong production. Madonna not being number one was it was because of the backslash, not because of the song.

And what to say of the single??? FANTASTIC picture cover (one of her best) and great remixes. Is that legend about Mariah Carey singing on one of those "oooh" samples in Junior Vasquez's.?

The Girlie Show performance is one of her bests, i used to play it "over and over and over". The RIT one is beyond shit and she should be ashamed of herself.

I was 9 when I discovered this song. I was playing with my action figures and Deeper and Deeper was playing in the background :lol:

I love this song. It's amazing.

and of course... it has THE ULTIMATE BRIGE:

Someone said that romance was dead

And I believed it instead of remembering

What my mama told me

Let my father mold me

Then you tried to hold me

You remind me what they said

This feeling inside

I can't explain

But my love is alive

And I'm never gonna hide it again

fucking EPIC! :bow::bow: :bow: :bow:

gs_dad01.jpg

and of course... it has THE ULTIMATE BRIGE:

Someone said that romance was dead

And I believed it instead of remembering

What my mama told me

Let my father mold me

Then you tried to hold me

You remind me what they said

This feeling inside

I can't explain

But my love is alive

And I'm never gonna hide it again

fucking EPIC! :bow::bow: :bow: :bow:

AMEN!! Absolutely fucking love it!!!! :bow::bow::bow:

Such an amazing song form such an amazing album :wow: :wow: :wow:

Classic 12" mixes r everything..

MA-DON-NIKI's finest moment :wow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb3RMppg47I

" Deeper and Deeper was one of those songs she always had a problem with. The middle of the song wasn't working. We tried different bridges and changes, but nothing worked. In the end, Madonna wanted the middle of the song to have a flamenco guitar strumming big-time. I didn't like the idea of taking a Philly house song and putting La Isla Bonita in the middle of it. But that's what she wanted, so that's what she got."

Shep 1992.

" Deeper and Deeper was one of those songs she always had a problem with. The middle of the song wasn't working. We tried different bridges and changes, but nothing worked. In the end, Madonna wanted the middle of the song to have a flamenco guitar strumming big-time. I didn't like the idea of taking a Philly house song and putting La Isla Bonita in the middle of it. But that's what she wanted, so that's what she got."

Fuck him then. A house song? How boring and generic :snore: Madonna's judgement rules all. :fag:

It's all about the Mercedes! The video is just one her greatest. I remember feeling crushed when the song failed to go top five. It was such an injustice for a classic song. I can't believe this song is generally forgotten about but it got caught up in the backlash to Sex.

The Girlie Show performance when the disco balls descend is just amazing. I'm glad she's not forgotten about it but the RIT version didn't do much for me.