SEX book still most sought after out-of-print book

Camacho

Madonna Tops 100 Most Sought After Out-of-Print Books List

By Jason Boog on October 4, 2010 12:51 PM

Sex, a 1992 picture book by Madonna, led the 2010 edition of BookFinders’ 100 Most Sought After Out-of-Print Books List.

The annual list should give publishers plenty of ideas, especially since digital books can quickly resurrect backlist titles. The top ten most sought after out-of-print books are listed below. This GalleyCat editor remembers reading a battered paperback copy of Rage in middle school.

Here’s more about Madonna’s book from the post: “This explicit collection features photos of the Material Girl, without the material, has been a collector’s item since it first hit shelves in 1992. Since Madonna is never one to do something twice, and the fact that the once highly controversial book is less edgy than it once was leads us to guess that Sex will remain out-of-print.” (Via Ron Charles)

1 Madonna Sex

2 Ray Garton In a Dark Place: The Story of a True Haunting

3 Harry Douglas Smith The Secret of Instantaneous Healing

4 Don Graf Basic Building Data: 10,000 Timeless Construction Facts

5 Nora Roberts Promise Me Tomorrow

6 Dennis Potter Ticket to Ride

7 Luigi Serafini Codex Seraphinianus

8 Allan D. Richter Eve of the End

9 Stephen King (as Richard Bachman) Rage

10 Rasiel Suarez ERIC : The Encyclopedia of Roman Imperial Coins

i could almost shed a tear that this book is now 18 years old! :blink: Kids just born when this came out are totally legal now. Anyways, if you have a sealed, perfect condition of this, you are SO set esp. if you hold onto it for many more years. Its beyond iconic and legendary now.

i could almost shed a tear that this book is now 18 years old! :blink: Kids just born when this came out are totally legal now. Anyways, if you have a sealed, perfect condition of this, you are SO set esp. if you hold onto it for many more years. Its beyond iconic and legendary now.

i do

i have 2 copies, one UK opened and one US unopened (got it from the Melissa Crowe Auctions) absolute perfect condition!

I feel like a bad fan. I got my copy for $20 10 years ago from a friend of a friend who was trying to get rid of it when his sister left it at his house. It's missing the back cover and the front cover is scratched and sort of bent. :( BUT the pages all turn smoothly and they are all intact and flawless. :)

Obviously I'll never be able to sell it! :lol:

I LOVE what Q Magazine said about the book in 2003. It was a 4 page article about it but this is basically the last paragraph & a half of their piece:

SEX lost Madonna her press supporters and a certain proportion of her fan base, but most painfull of all to a woman who carried a torch for Frida Kahlo as ardently as she did for Marilyn Monroe, she lost the intelligentsia, who turned out en masse to be as fickle as a Hear'Say fan. The press could always be re-tamed, the fan base would eventually regenerate itself with "Ray of Light" and "Music", but after this, she would never again be seen as culturally significant. Once SEX and "Erotica" were history she never again dared to be so daring and her world soon became Evita, American Pie and Austin Powers.

Yet, SEX remains misunderstood and worse, wilfully misunderstood. Nobody in Madonna's position has done anything as BRAVE & as bonkers. In these times where someone who used to be in S Club 7 wearing a shortish skirt is worthy of comment, such an extraordinary diversion as SEX from a serious artist of any kind of stature, let alone Madonna's global one is unthinkable. SHAME.

My copy was opened and i still like watching it, it's such a fantastic collection of pictures... I really love it. I would never sell it, so i don't care that it's opened.

Same here.

I have the French edition with the outer cover still in tack (only a slit from the side)that was still in excellent condition. I believe it's in my parent's basement a some box along some other books/magazines. Problem is my parent's basement flooded at one point so I'm not sure if it was in a box that was not affected by the flood. I will have to check next time I go to Chicago. I still have the original bonus CD with the cover and everything. I use to have the original US edition but let a friend borrow it back in '94 and haven't seen it since, lol! The little booklet, Dita & The Chelsea Girl use to crack me up!

I have one sealed US copy, 1 opened US copy, 1 UK copy and 3 opened Japanese copies.

Question: Is the Japanese edition censored? I know Japan has concerns over female nudity…Basic Instinct for example has the naughty parts of the frame blurred. So how does the SEX book hold up under these conditions?

Question: Is the Japanese edition censored? I know Japan has concerns over female nudity…Basic Instinct for example has the naughty parts of the frame blurred. So how does the SEX book hold up under these conditions?

Her pussy wasn't blurred out or censored.

Only cocks were being censored in black marker style.

One good thing about the Japanese version is the paper quality is better than the US / UK version.

Me and acko pictured at the Milan sex (book) party.

sexpart12.jpg

Acko on the left :D

I love ur tits! One day I'll write a book about how I used 2 whipe the sweat of them..

I want cosmic_system 2 wear skinny jeans & a black t-shirt that reads : "La mia figa ha nove vite".

In the papa don't preach video t-shirt font. :fag:

Just have the one copy, opened on the top of the packaging. The CD also is still there- not even sure I ever listened to it. :lol: The book, thankfully, never fell apart for me, as I'm pretty careful when turning pages and such. If I showed it to anyone, I was the page-turner.