Revolver - Official single or not?

johnnox

I'd consider Revolver a single for sure. Like many of her singles the last decade, it didn't have enough promo from WB. I recall this single just being thrown out there, one day (New Years Eve if I'm not mistaken) there were remixes available on itunes. I don't even remember it being officially announced prior that Revolver was going to be released.

In regard to Hey You, my immediate thought is to say no. On the other hand though, if it became some sort of freak hit and went to number one on Billboard Hot 100 then we'd be quick to claim it as a single. After all, it is a single song with no album attached that can be purchased on itunes.

Yes, official... But it was also released after the GH project came out -- which "Celebration" (the song) preceded. So, "Revolver" really suffered from the fans having already purchased the song through the Celebration album. The remixes were the only reason to purchase/download, and I mostly hear complaints about those remixes. Don't know that I've heard even one person say they liked the remixes. And there were the two tack-on late remixes of "Celebration," too.

I mean, I bought the US maxi CD because, well,... you know, for the collection. I think the CD came out way after the remixes were available online, too. And you pretty much have to order the CD from Amazon -- can't find it at any retail outlet anymore. (Maybe somewhere in NYC you can...)

I realize later singles (released after the album's already been released) probably under-perform in the digital age... but it seems like, with a GH (which is 90% old material), the second single gets even shorter shrift.

I like "Revolver." It definitely sounds like a Britney song, but I am always happy to get new music from M. Better that then a repeat of GHV2 where we got nothing but single edits slapped on a disc.

Guest bluejean

In regard to Hey You, my immediate thought is to say no. On the other hand though, if it became some sort of freak hit and went to number one on Billboard Hot 100 then we'd be quick to claim it as a single.

:lmao: True

I actually much preferred Revolver to Celebration.

I thought Celebration was ten years out of date, and only the Benny Benassi remixes saved it.

Revolver, while sounding like an afterthought recorded by two people who'd never met was a catchy little thang.

I actually much preferred Revolver to Celebration.

I thought Celebration was ten years out of date, and only the Benny Benassi remixes saved it.

Revolver, while sounding like an afterthought recorded by two people who'd never met was a catchy little thang.

I agree with all of this.

Sorry dude but cheesy 90's synths r making a comeback..Esther did well here.

Revolver is atrocious, worse than 'Heyyyy BRitneyyyyyy'

Oh Acko, it's not worse than MATM!

It has a hook, its chorus is very catchy (even if it sounds like 'Red Vulva') and it has gun fire - what more do you want? GUN FIRE I TELL YOU!

MATM was the sound of two mountain goats clashing horns on a hillside.

Revolver is the sound of two people in different parts of the world having no idea the other is featuring on their demo. Yet I love it.

"Revolver," like MATM, is throwaway, but it's an OK listen. Can see why both "Celebration" and "Revolver" were used for a compilation. With JML and "Rescue Me," neither are among M's grandest, either, but they were better than these two tracks, collectively, and at least we have the JML video. The "Celebration" video is one of the most pointless clips she's ever produced- almost rivals "American Life" (Geography Lesson) in that department.

"Revolver," like MATM, is throwaway, but it's an OK listen. Can see why both "Celebration" and "Revolver" were used for a compilation. With JML and "Rescue Me," neither are among M's grandest, either, but they were better than these two tracks, collectively, and at least we have the JML video. The "Celebration" video is one of the most pointless clips she's ever produced- almost rivals "American Life" (Geography Lesson) in that department.

No comment. :nocomment:

With JML and "Rescue Me," neither are among M's grandest, either

EX-SQUEEZE-ME???????

JLM is one of the greatest, most original songs ever to come from Lenny Kravitz Ingrid Chavez Madonna!

And Rescue Me is bloody wonderful!

Jump is OFFICIALLY the most pointless video clip in the entire history of video clips in the universe ever amen.

Oh, I can enjoy JML, but it's just not at the level of M's classics. M herself said at one of the S&S shows, "It's not even a song!" :p (or something to that effect)

I also enjoy "Rescue Me"- but maybe would enjoy it more if it weren't such a blatant "Vogue" sequel.

The "Jump" video is pointless among videos that she specifically shot for a track, but it's still better than "Celebration." Especially when considering "Jump" was a 4th single, and "Celebration" was a "fresh" new release.

The "Jump" video is pointless among videos that she specifically shot for a track, but it's still better than "Celebration." Especially when considering "Jump" was a 4th single, and "Celebration" was a "fresh" new release.

It don't take Stevie Wonder 2 c that from a technical point of view alone 'Celebration' is a great video & light years better than JUMP...Best u stick 2 chart statistics. :fag:

I think you must be suffering some vision impairment yourself. What possibly makes "Celebration" a great clip? Because it shows a 51-year-old woman with a vaginal itch? :vogue:

"Jump" is hardly a great clip- but, "Celebration" (either version) is as disposable as it gets. And not that it pertains to the discussion, but "Jump" is a FAR superior track to "Celebration."

I think you must be suffering some vision impairment yourself. What possibly makes "Celebration" a great clip? Because it shows a 51-year-old woman with a vaginal itch? :vogue:

"Jump" is hardly a great clip- but, "Celebration" (either version) is as disposable as it gets. And not that it pertains to the discussion, but "Jump" is a FAR superior track to "Celebration."

Oh I dunno..editing, lighting, cinematography..direction. U may not like the concept, but like I said from a technical point of

view it's a great video..& way better than JUMP..& based on the elements I cited, that's actually a fact. :fag:

Now sit ur ass down.

If that's what ya think, that is your prerogative- tell me whhhyyyyy.... :)

Neither clip showcases Ackerlund's directorial vision all that well.- that is a fact. :demonic:

And this thread is about "Revulvah." I'm glad she didn't do a video for it- though it couldn't have been much worse then C. Then again, they could have made a montage of clips from the MG ads that used the track.

RedVulva is just a fun throwaway song. I appreciate it for what it is.

Some said that she's too old to sing a song like this... UGH. WHATEVER.

Yes, it was a FLOP SINGLE. next.

REVOLVER_SIG.png

:confessions:

Why is is a ridiculous question. The common consensus of music lovers is that Miles Away was her biggest flop to date.

Most people didn;t know Revolver existed as a single.

Ok I admit, I thought it was just a promo for the clubs,, an actual cd was released ?? artwork anyone ??

Was there no physical release here in the UK for this? A friend of mine said he saw a 12" picture disc at HMV in Oxford earlier this year. This was a confusing release.

shockingly, Warner did a nice job with the artwork and design for the Celebration and Revolver CD maxis (in the US at least). I guess there was a lot of artwork left over from the Celebration album, but still who would think they would have made the effort anyway.