Revolver - Official single or not?

johnnox

Do we count this as an official single or not?

For the yes argument, remixes were commissioned, a physical Cd and downloads available.

For the no argument, it was not pushed to radio, not promoted in any way and no video made.

So was it an official single and thus her worst performing ever song?

I say yes, it is official. If it had been just a promo sent to dance clubs, maybe I would think differently, but it had a physical release and remixes.

WTF? :lmao:

Of course it was a single. A cd single WAS RELEASED in stores and a promo was sent to radios and clubs.

I understand nothing is happening in madonnaworld and we're bored..but still :lol:

Most ridiculous topic ever. :lmao:

Btw, was Hung up a single anywhere? :crazy:

Why is is a ridiculous question. The common consensus of music lovers is that Miles Away was her biggest flop to date.

Most people didn;t know Revolver existed as a single.

Why is it a ridiculous question? The common consensus of music lovers is that Miles Away was her biggest flop to date.

Most people didn't know Revolver existed as a single.

It's not ridiculous at all. I would like to know it too.

I think it's official, but then i remember that it peaked number 895 bellow zero in the UK charts and i say "oh, but it was not a single, you know".

Has the single intered in any top 100 in any country of the world? Because if so, it's a flop of Eddi Reader proportions.

Guest bluejean

It's not ridiculous at all.

It kind of is. It was released as a single with remixes all over the world online and even had a physical CD release in the US and Europe.

Because half of people in this forum would storm to buy ropes and would hung themselves if they realized that the last song released by the woman with the most successful tour ever and the millionselling Hard Candy was this incredibly horrible song that had such a flop that even the remixer thought that the single was still unreleased. So they live in denial and whenever that thought wakes up in their brain and demands to be heard they simply google "most succesful tour" and then they come back to their sedated state.

This- and "Hey You"- are singles, regardless of whether there was a radio push or a video. May not be officially promoted singles, but singles nonetheless.

In the iTunes age, any track that gets released outside of an album- where it says "Single"- well, that's what it is. Each veteran act has had their share of flop/underperformers, no big deal.

Sunday I was in my car and in the only Electronic Station in Mexico City they played BROKEN, so would I have to consider this as a Single also?

It is indeed a little bit confusing when some of her singles are released as physical yet no radio station played them, what comes to my mind is Drowned World and its B-side Sky Fits Heaven.

BTW i was thrill to hear BROKEN on radio, It is much better than Celebration and Revolver.

If it was given an official release, then it was a single regardless of whether promos were sent out. However, it was download only in the UK and nobody was going to pay for the remixes! I rather like it now and prefer it to the awful, lazy Celebration.

Because half of people in this forum would storm to buy ropes and would hung themselves if they realized that the last song released by the woman with the most successful tour ever and the millionselling Hard Candy was this incredibly horrible song that had such a flop that even the remixer thought that the single was still unreleased. So they live in denial and whenever that thought wakes up in their brain and demands to be heard they simply google "most succesful tour" and then they come back to their sedated state.

I don't think so. Nobody cares, the song isn't that highly thought of or anything and is widely despised.

UK Singles Chart 130

US Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs 4

:rotfl::janetflop:

It was a hit in Belgique tho :fag:

it's an official single

but released with no intention of promoting it

well that's how Warner handled most of her singles the past decade. IMO Revolver is Impressive Instant with a maxi. A single but just bearly.

Hey You is like your friend putting a song on itunes for sale... I wouldn't count it.