3 NEW LEAKS: Set The Right, Little Girl & Corazon

robster

What a beautiful triplet of demos. Really like Set the Right's reggae vibe...and her voice is beautiful on Little Girl...Corazon is a million times better without Ricky Martin! Love em' all! bow.gif

Isn't Little Girl the *other* Guy Sigsworth collab from the "Music" sessions that was being talked about a few years back? Supposedly they recorded two songs and she scrapped one, this sounds like something he'd do, and her voice is very WIFLFAG with the music.

Isn't Little Girl the *other* Guy Sigsworth collab from the "Music" sessions that was being talked about a few years back? Supposedly they recorded two songs and she scrapped one, this sounds like something he'd do, and her voice is very WIFLFAG with the music.

I agree.

I've had 'Set it Right' on repeat since it leaked, i absolutely adore it and cannot get enough of it! Pure brilliance! x

Someone has edited Wikipedia and says this should correctly be titled "To the Left To the Right"... regardless... its FAB!

i'm not sure i understand where some of the info on wiki gets created from... "light up" and a 'final' version of superpop entitled "reach the top" made in 2009? are these based in reality? i totally thought superpop was a throwaway track and was given as a fan track for confessions because it served no other purpose and probably wasn't even "vault" good.

god, Little Girl is beautiful. she needs to sing like this again.

Set The Right is pretty nice, but yes, I agree with everyone saying that the K lyrics is a little too much in this song.

Corazon is nice, definitely better than that awful version with Loca Martin.

Another TTS? What's the title?

There is only one "Time Stood Still" from Madonna (that I'm aware of, anyway)... HOWEVER, the same background instrumental was given to another artist by William Orbit -- Ellie Lawson maybe was her name? -- and the song is called "Inside Out." Her vocals have a very Alanis Morisette quality, and (in my opinion) she tends to overcrowd Orbit's soundscape with words -- there's very little breathing space for his music, which is a shame, because it is beautiful. But all in all, it's not terrible -- AND it does provide quite an education for just how much Madonna really can shape/sculpt a tune all on her own, even if there's a fully formed backing track to start with. "Time Stood Still" and "Inside Out" are two VERY different songs in terms of their melodies, even though the foundation is the same.

So, yeah, Orbit does have a habit of re-recording instrumentals with different artists or remixing them for inclusion on an album even though an artist may have contributed vocals previously. (cf. "Liquid Love" and "Bubble Universe" -- "Time Stood Still" and "Inside Out") As others have already pointed out, the background for this supposed "Corazon" is actually the backing track for a song called "Dice" featuring Finley Quaye and Beth Orton. (In fact -- it sounds to these ears as if Beth Orton's humming has remained in "Corazon"!) I don't buy it -- there's no unique/distinctive vocal of Madonna's in this "Corazon" that wasn't already present in the Martin duet version of "Be Careful (Cuidado)" -- I think there would be some additional bits sung by Madonna if it were legitimate. Plus, the music just doesn't seem to go with the vocals at all.

(And, while I'm throwing in my two cents about all things Orbit,... I'll risk wrath and say I agree with the camp that thinks "Little Girl" might be a Sigsworth demo -- or someone other than Orbit. I don't think it's him at all. It's so lightly/thinly produced and it's missing the usual Orbit touches. His outtakes are usually much more embellished ... This calls to mind more of the pre-Orbit ROL sessions in production values. I know this dates to post-ROL times, but I just mean in terms of the sound ... like the Rick Nowels sessions or whatever. An idea for further development, but missing a lot of the bells and whistles.)

AND it does provide quite an education for just how much Madonna really can shape/sculpt a tune all on her own, even if there's a fully formed backing track to start with. "Time Stood Still" and "Inside Out" are two VERY different songs in terms of their melodies, even though the foundation is the same.

An excellent point! Stuart Price has also commented on Madonna's knack for coming up with good melodies (he said something about her being able to stand at the microphone and make up a melody on the spot). A lot of people feel that she only really writes lyrics, but she basically comes up with most of what she sings in terms of melody. The most recent example is "Celebration" - one of the co-writers said that the completed backing track was sent to Madonna and she "wrote the lyrics and melody".