Camille Paglia Trashes Lady Gaga and Praises Madonna

Dickens

Madonna initially was all about the OMG I LOOK LIKE I JUST GOT FUCKED HEHE look but then she took control of it, I agree. She has regressed in the last couple of years which is sad but I digress. GaGa is saying exactly what I'm saying. I said at some point that I find her sexy and all the weird MADONNA IS GOD people freaked out but I was talking about her attitude and what she is projecting rather than big tits and a Playmate body. She wants to make FREAKY SEXY

Madonna initially was all about the OMG I LOOK LIKE I JUST GOT FUCKED HEHE look but then she took control of it, I agree. She has regressed in the last couple of years which is sad but I digress. GaGa is saying exactly what I'm saying. I said at some point that I find her sexy and all the weird MADONNA IS GOD people freaked out but I was talking about her attitude and what she is projecting rather than big tits and a Playmate body. She wants to make FREAKY SEXY

Oh, I see what you mean. I see that she's trying to change peoples perception on what is considered sexy but I still say she's failing. There's just something about her I do not find sexy at all. David Bowie was a freak and was sexy but Gaga isn't to me. She can sing and can be entertaining but sex appeal isn't her strong point. There are some gorgeous girls like Jessica Alba who have no sex appeal so for me personally it's not about her appearance. I think Madonna now is trying to convince people that you can be 52 and hot but unfortunately for her not many people agree.

That was a constant theme in Madonna's work, but seems almost secondary or an afterthought for Gaga.

well it would have to be when you are about as sexy as a piece of dog turd. Shes probably one of the least sexy pop stars of all time, actually shes vile.

From The Sunday TImes:

"Lady Gaga and the Death of Sex"

Camille Paglia

12 September 2010

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/public/magazine/article389697.ece

The references to Madonna include the following excerpts:

"Gaga has borrowed so heavily from Madonna (as in her latest video-Alejandro) that it must be asked, at what point does homage become theft? However, the main point is that the young Madonna was on fire. She was indeed the imperious Marlene Dietrich’s true heir. For Gaga, sex is mainly decor and surface; she’s like a laminated piece of ersatz rococo furniture. Alarmingly, Generation Gaga can’t tell the difference. Is it the death of sex? Perhaps the symbolic status that sex had for a century has gone kaput; that blazing trajectory is over…"

"Peeping dourly through all that tat is Gaga’s limited range of facial expressions. Her videos repeatedly thrust that blank, lugubrious face at the camera and us; it’s creepy and coercive. Marlene and Madonna gave the impression, true or false, of being pansexual. Gaga, for all her writhing and posturing, is asexual. Going off to the gym in broad daylight, as Gaga recently did, dressed in a black bustier, fishnet stockings and stiletto heels isn’t sexy – it’s sexually dysfunctional."

"Compare Gaga’s insipid songs, with their nursery-rhyme nonsense syllables, to the title and hypnotic refrain of the first Madonna song and video to bring her attention on MTV, Burning Up, with its elemental fire imagery and its then-shocking offer of fellatio. In place of Madonna’s valiant life force, what we find in Gaga is a disturbing trend towards mutilation and death…"

It's funny that she would say that, but then not surprising that someone like Paglia would say that

She blasted and trashed Madonna too in 1993 for her scene in Body of Evidence

She's just one of those 70's useless vapid so-called *feminists* a-la Germaine Greer

Paglia and Greer should get together and read an article by a woman whose name I don't recall which appeared

in the British press in July 2001 when Madge was performing during DWT in London

The title of the article was: "Madonna, a phenomenon of towering proportions"

It highlighted what True Feminism is all about

I can't find the article anymore

Regardless of who she is and what Madonna thinks of her, a lot of what was written in the article was on point. I especially loved the part about Gaga's facial expressions (or lack there of) in videos. I was trying to explain this to someone after "Alejandro" premiered but they didn't get what I was saying. This photo pretty much sums it up.

madonnagagaface465x165.jpg

:clap:

And is failing miserably :chuckle:

Her brand of freak is so posy and inauthentic that her making it sexy can't help but fall flat. Even her "attitude" is highly contrived.

Also, when you have that single white female vibe going on.. you're the kind of freak who's creepy, NOT sexy.

When Madonna decided to look as a muscly MANdonna and ratcheted up her ball-busting and transgressive attitude, now that was (is) FREAKY. But, Lord, is she SEXY!

Madonna initially was all about the OMG I LOOK LIKE I JUST GOT FUCKED HEHE

oh puhlease, as if gaga would have wanted to change people's views on what's "sexy" if she didnt look like the ugly & non-charismatic half man/half woman. those loons of her are delusional, thinking everything their "mother monster" does has some kind of deep mystical reason or message behind it.

if gaga looked sexy she'd also be about "OMG I LOOK LIKE I JUST GOT FUCKED HEHE" or however you put it. she just changed one of her disadvantages into a career move with her monster/freak preaching. however, she doesnt seem to stick by it, its so obvious she desperately wants to be seen as "sexy". just look at the above picture of her next to Madonna during Vogue. that says it all.

It's funny that she would say that, but then not surprising that someone like Paglia would say that

She blasted and trashed Madonna too in 1993 for her scene in Body of Evidence

She's just one of those 70's useless vapid so-called *feminists* a-la Germaine Greer

Paglia and Greer should get together and read an article by a woman whose name I don't recall which appeared

in the British press in July 2001 when Madge was performing during DWT in London

The title of the article was: "Madonna, a phenomenon of towering proportions"

It highlighted what True Feminism is all about

I can't find the article anymore

Well, Camille can't help herself. With Madonna, she's a ball of conflicting emotions (w/c result to conflicting opinions)

She's always been in love with Madonna :inlove:

Madonna and her Camilles (P & B) :dramatic:

From The Sunday TImes:

"Lady Gaga and the Death of Sex"

Camille Paglia

12 September 2010

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/public/magazine/article389697.ece

The references to Madonna include the following excerpts:

"Gaga has borrowed so heavily from Madonna (as in her latest video-Alejandro) that it must be asked, at what point does homage become theft? However, the main point is that the young Madonna was on fire. She was indeed the imperious Marlene Dietrich’s true heir. For Gaga, sex is mainly decor and surface; she’s like a laminated piece of ersatz rococo furniture. Alarmingly, Generation Gaga can’t tell the difference. Is it the death of sex? Perhaps the symbolic status that sex had for a century has gone kaput; that blazing trajectory is over…"

"Peeping dourly through all that tat is Gaga’s limited range of facial expressions. Her videos repeatedly thrust that blank, lugubrious face at the camera and us; it’s creepy and coercive. Marlene and Madonna gave the impression, true or false, of being pansexual. Gaga, for all her writhing and posturing, is asexual. Going off to the gym in broad daylight, as Gaga recently did, dressed in a black bustier, fishnet stockings and stiletto heels isn’t sexy – it’s sexually dysfunctional."

"Compare Gaga’s insipid songs, with their nursery-rhyme nonsense syllables, to the title and hypnotic refrain of the first Madonna song and video to bring her attention on MTV, Burning Up, with its elemental fire imagery and its then-shocking offer of fellatio. In place of Madonna’s valiant life force, what we find in Gaga is a disturbing trend towards mutilation and death…"

Absolutely hits the nail on the head. Gaga is a one-woman tribute act to Madonna minus the charisma, beauty, sexuality or ingenuity of the superior original. I don't mind if people buy into the Gaga bullshit...it's when they profess how much of an artist she is that I have to yank on the toilet handle to flush the shitter. :doh:

Yeah, I agree with you on that. But Madonna made freaky sexy with the Blond Ambition tour (and subsequent looks). Madonna presenting herself in that corset, severely pulled back hair, sculpted muscled body; she was CHALLENGING people's idea's of what sexy was supposed to be. As Madonna herself said, that cone bra was a "parody & celebration" of her 34C bust. Madonna had entered her "You STILL wanna fuck me, motherfuckers"? phase. With cone bras, cross-sexuality etc, Madonna was thumbing her nose at conventional beauty & sexiness. Madonna did that throughout the 90's.

Enter Britney Spears in 1999. Talk about opening the flood gates to a bunch of homogenized models with a microphone. Now we have Lady GaGa doing what Madonna was doing back in the day. Props to Lady GaGa. Of course, Madonna could go back & forth between being a glamour queen & a freak. Lady GaGa, not so much.

Why do Gagas fans seem to forget that Gaga said that she wanted to give new meaning to the word 'sexy'? I mean, it's obviously convenient for them to pretend that she isn't trying to be sexy. :blink: However, saying that Madonna is 'prettier/sexier' than Gaga was obviously NOT what the article is about. It's about what people accept and expect from people in the public eye now. Despite my feelings on Gaga, when I look at her I see a souless and dour nothing. She looks somewhere between miserable and indifferent constantly. The need for make up and hair to mass effect constantly says it all really. She's not a natural star.

Guest Pud Whacker

The death of sex? A little dramatic, no? Last time I checked the world didn't revolve around Lady Gaga.

no, its not dramatic. not with that fucking dog face. i mean seriously. i called her sexless filth nothing last year. shes nothing. shes ugly. its foul.

ROCK N ROLL IS SEX.

no, its not dramatic. not with that fucking dog face. i mean seriously. i called her sexless filth nothing last year. shes nothing. shes ugly. its foul.

ROCK N ROLL IS SEX.

Absolutely!

Tell that to Led Zeppelin etc. It can be easy for sex obsessed gays to see SEX EVERYWHERE but it really isnt. Rock N Roll is music. Madonna made it synonymous with SEX and SHOCKINGLY Madonna loons cant even make the distinction anymore.

It was already sex when Elvis Presley couldn't b shot from the hip down. This is not an opinion little boy.

Led Zeppelin's music = sex. :fag:

However, the main point is that the young Madonna was on fire. She was indeed the imperious Marlene Dietrich’s true heir.

Marlene and Madonna gave the impression, true or false, of being pansexual.

Is she trying to say Madonna is a dyke? :fag:

Yes Elvis also used his sexuality to sell records. And I'm not talking about the MUSIC... little boy.

U r missing the point..it's not about using anything..it's about 'exuding' & the great amoeba energy

shared in their work by the great performers of the Rock era.

Now Cry me a river

Kisssss.gif