Camille Paglia Trashes Lady Gaga and Praises Madonna

Dickens

U r missing the point..it's not about using anything..it's about 'exuding' & the great amoeba energy

shared in their work by the great performers of the Rock era.

Now Cry me a river

Kisssss.gif

Um... Madonna is a sexual creature and turned it off for years. Shockingly, so did (and does) Prince. So yes, it IS a conscious decision whether you will gyrate in tight pants/roll around in a wedding dress/wear assless pants to cause controversy and sales. Also, MJ was a GREAT artist but also completely sexless.

*posts gif*

Um... Madonna is a sexual creature and turned it off for years. Shockingly, so did (and does) Prince. So yes, it IS a conscious decision whether you will gyrate in tight pants/roll around in a wedding dress/wear assless pants to cause controversy and sales. Also, MJ was a GREAT artist but also completely sexless.

*posts gif*

You don't understand. Being sexy is something you can't create. Wearing few clothes and thrusting does not mean you are sexy. P.S Why does Gaga wear dirty, grey old granny underwear?

Um... Madonna is a sexual creature and turned it off for years. Shockingly, so did (and does) Prince. Also, MJ was a GREAT artist but also completely sexless.

*posts gif*

Stop tryin boo..u r too literal in ur interpretation.

l_12ed7b62729b3ac63f13e67b87de96bf.jpg

Com'on guys GAGA is really ugly i mean, ugly, even on tv, makeup, airbrushed she still Ugly.

nothing wrong or bad with ugly people but she's just ugly not even sexy ugly.

some ugly people are sexy and i love to fuck them but she's just ugly.

Did i just say i think she's ugly?

the fact that someone so utterly unattractive, borderline repulsive and unsexy can work the pop world form a different angle and become a superstar is pretty fascinating.

there are a lot of idiots in this world...

don't worry i'm only half kidding..

but we all know why she got so successful don't we?

no, its not dramatic. not with that fucking dog face. i mean seriously. i called her sexless filth nothing last year. shes nothing. shes ugly. its foul.

ROCK N ROLL IS SEX.

Which is why I don't understand why she gets all the attention she gets, that's my point. What's the big to-do? where'd all this "importance" come from? People say she's ripping off Madonna, I say she's ripping off Bozo. I guess people really needed something to laugh at?

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. "She's so ugly, she's so ugly." You all sound like 5-year-olds. What's the matter with you lot? At the end of the day, this is pop music and not a beauty pageant. What about her talent?

Of course some of you are threatened because she's very successful but Madonna's legacy is intact, nobody can undo what she's achieved over the past 3 decades - what are you so worried about?

What about her talent?

She can dance, she can sing, & her music is catchy, but the argument will always revert back to her face.

For some reason; they can't handle that her looks aren't 'Madonna-caliber' and yet she's still popular.

SHE'S UGLY & THE PUBLIC CAN'T GET ENOUGH! :sassy:

She can dance, she can sing, & her music is catchy, but the argument will always revert back to her face.

For some reason; they can't handle that her looks aren't 'Madonna-caliber.'

SHE'S UGLY & THE PUBLIC CAN'T GET ENOUGH! :sassy:

I personally think she is a terrible dancer, a fair singer and a boring/souless performer. I also think she is a fake and makes little sense. The fact that she is ugly isn't important to me in that regard. It just adds insult to injury.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. "She's so ugly, she's so ugly." You all sound like 5-year-olds. What's the matter with you lot? At the end of the day, this is pop music and not a beauty pageant. What about her talent?

They can't knock her success, so they go for the low blow, her looks. It's pretty lame, but what do you expect from gays?

I personally think she is a terrible dancer, a fair singer and a boring/souless performer. I also think she is a fake and makes little sense. The fact that she is ugly isn't important to me in that regard. It just adds insult to injury.

And those are all valid reasons to dislike her. But some want to only focus on THE FACE (or lack thereof) and how ugly she is.

That's when things get repetitive. They sound like broken records NuetRocks.

They can't knock her success, so they go for the low blow, her looks. It's pretty lame, but what do you expect from gays?

Like YOU do with Katy Perry? :rolleyes: Ugly means shit all to me. I love some ugly people for their work and their art. I want ugly people to fuck me sometimes. However, I feel like I CAN discredit Gagas work so this sentence that you keep repeating appears to be completely null and void where I am concerned. Her work is 99% 'style' and 1% 'substance'. Of course, I am using those terms very loosely. Her work says nothing and it literally means nothing. That is why it won't have a lasting impression. Lady ByeBye.

I think, as usual, a lot of you are exaggerating because some people don't like precious Lady Gaga. Sure, some people are saying she's ugly but it's not like that's what the majority of people in here are saying. Most of the people have brought up the fact that she tried to establish her own definition of sexy and completely failed. We're not saying "omg she's so ugly ew" we're just saying she's not sexy. Again, there's no problem with her not being sexy. I also don't think people are saying that the reason they dislike her is because she's ugly, most of the people have replied with valid reasons why she doesn't move them.

And those are all valid reasons to dislike her. But some want to only focus on THE FACE (or lack thereof) and how ugly she is.

That's when things get repetitive. They sound like broken records NuetRocks.

The thing is, I think when Madonna fans talk about 'the face' they are not JUST talking about anatomy. They're talking about the ghost in the shell just as much. There's something about Madonnas face. It has a lot of meaning attached to it. She has SAID a lot with her career and her personality was constantly attached to her work. Everything had a mass of connotation and expression and everything made sense. Her face sort of reminds people (well it does for me) of all of that and how powerful it all (she) is. I look at Gagas face and think 'Shit, that girl needs some B12 injections!'.

It is quite ridiculous. Fair enough if someone dislikes her music or whatever, but this thread is honestly horrific. It's one post after the other of "she's hideous", "she's ugly", "she's a dog".

Even more ironic considering as Madonna fans we've had to put up to very similar unfair criticisms about Madonna over the years - from her vocals to her body to her hands etc.

(OK I'm guilty of being awful about Janet Jackson but everyone knows I do it in jest - I have all the woman's albums after all :shy: )

I think, as usual, a lot of you are exaggerating because some people don't like precious Lady Gaga. Sure, some people are saying she's ugly but it's not like that's what the majority of people in here are saying. Most of the people have brought up the fact that she tried to establish her own definition of sexy and completely failed. We're not saying "omg she's so ugly ew" we're just saying she's not sexy. Again, there's no problem with her not being sexy. I also don't think people are saying that the reason they dislike her is because she's ugly, most of the people have replied with valid reasons why she doesn't move them.

Oh, come off it. It's pure playground level, and you know it. Trying to over-intellectualise it by saying that the "ugliness" is yet another part of why someone doesn't like her just doesn't cut it.

It's quite rich considering a lot of the people here go to other forums and come back crying because people are saying awful things about Madonna's hands in some new tabloid picture or they get their jockstraps in a twist when someone here dares to criticise Madonna's new cheeks.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I disagree with the bitter old shrew Camille Paglia, of course. As any sane person would, really.

Her critique of Lady Gaga isn't a critique of Gaga at all; if you read it closely, it's just yet another one of those moany old-fart type rants about how it used to be so much better "back in the day". It's more of a rant at Gaga's generation - Twitter, Facebook, text-talk etc. She's just incapable of keeping up. Let's not forget that Madonna was facing very similar critiques back in the day - it's just, ironically, they were about her using her sexuality. Or if it wasn't that, it was her "Minnie Mouse on helium" voice (remember that?).

So really, if you think Camille has a point, then think again - because she's just being an idiot and I'm sure Madonna actually disagrees with her.

Oh, and that point about Gaga having an expressionless face is not entirely true. A lot of the time she plays up to it, but actually in the close-ups in "Bad Romance" she looks wonderful and her face is quite emotive.

Lady+Gaga+Bad+Romance.png

*cue playground taunts about her "dog face"*

:manson: