Guy Oseary is pissed...

afrolito

Well, I may be pretty alone on this. But, those demos were Madonna's. I'd be ticked too if they were released without my permission. And I disagree with the person that said Madonna owes us these demos. She doesn't owe us or anyone anything. This is stealing. How would you feel if a ton of your work was handed out for free and someone said you owed it to them without paying for it. It's not right.

Yes,it is "stealing" but *WE* didn't steal it :) Why should we feel guilty? We didn't have access into the Madonna vaults.Someone else apparently did.

I really don't see the harm in fans hearing this stuff.When you're a fan of an artist,you're natually curious about the songs that they record but don't release.It's fun to listen to these tracks and imagine what could have been.It's like watching the alternate ending on a DVD.

True,Madonna doesn't owe us anything,but it would be nice if she could give us a little treat once in a while ;) Something to tide us over until the next official CD comes out.

I think the hatred against Guy is really irrational. Anyone who thinks that other managers didn't care about making money is very naive. People say he is making money off of her, like he keeps all the money and she gets nothing. She makes a ton of money off of these things too. Managers are about business period. If Guy wasn't about that, he wouldn't be doing his job.

Her increased touring is a function of the music business today and her age. Any other manager would encourage her to do the same thing. She and no one really is selling records like they did during the 80's and 90's and she isn't getting radio airplay. Touring is not just a way to make money but the best way for people to hear her new music. Also, in the past I believe at least one of her tours was cancelled because she was pregnant. Obviously she isn't getting pregnant anymore. I really can't understand why people complain about her touring. For me, seeing her live is the best thing in the world. The more tours the better. It's a lot more exciting to me than tv promo appearances and music videos.

As far as the unreleased stuff, maybe she doesn't think the songs are that good and doesn't want them out there. I enjoyed the demos and certainly didn't feel guilty about listening to them. But I'm not the type of fan who will buy everything. An album of unreleased discarded demos from different eras really doesn't excite me. I'd rather pay my money for an album of all new songs in a coherent album.

Guest nothingfails0603

I really don't see the harm in fans hearing this stuff.When you're a fan of an artist,you're natually curious about the songs that they record but don't release.It's fun to listen to these tracks and imagine what could have been.It's like watching the alternate ending on a DVD.

Though I am not a fan of her music, didn't Tori Amos open the vaults herself and put all of her unreleased/live tracks/remixes and the sort online because she knows damn well that her fans want to hear this stuff? More power to her.

Though I am not a fan of her music, didn't Tori Amos open the vaults herself and put all of her unreleased/live tracks/remixes and the sort online because she knows damn well that her fans want to hear this stuff? More power to her.

Tori releases bootlegs of her concerts and does longer albums and sometimes releases B-sides on her singles. However, I don't think she releases every single thing she records though. I think an artist has the right to decide what music they think is good enough to release to the public. They aren't obligated to put out every single thing they record just because fans want it. In fact. Tori sometimes gets the opposite criticism. Some of her fans complain her albums are too long and there are too many sub-par songs you have to wade through to get to the good stuff.

Tori releases bootlegs of her concerts and does longer albums and sometimes releases B-sides on her singles. However, I don't think she releases every single thing she records though. I think an artist has the right to decide what music they think is good enough to release to the public. They aren't obligated to put out every single thing they record just because fans want it. In fact. Tori sometimes gets the opposite criticism. Some of her fans complain her albums are too long and there are too many sub-par songs you have to wade through to get to the good stuff.

well one person's sub-par song is another ones favorite song of all time

Madonna wouldn't have to cram a full 80 minutes on every CD but the occasional "Hey fans here's a song I didn't really take to but you might find interesting" mp3 would be fine

Only a complete idiot would release absolutely everything they ever recorded, just to satisfy a bunch of loons, with too much time on their hands. Let's get real, most of these Madonna 'leaks', are shit, and that's the reason why they never made the cut. It's like the obsessive need some have to see her unretouched outtakes. :crazy:

well one person's sub-par song is another ones favorite song of all time

Madonna wouldn't have to cram a full 80 minutes on every CD but the occasional "Hey fans here's a song I didn't really take to but you might find interesting" mp3 would be fine

Yes, but as an artist you have the right to control your own creative product and decide what you want to release and what you don't. Just like I at my job have the right to decide what version of a document I want the public to see. I'm not obligated to have everyone see my rough drafts. It's not like we're starved for new music for Madonna. She releases new music quite frequently, much more often than a lot of other artists. Some fans are just never satisfied no matter what it seems.

Only a complete idiot would release absolutely everything they ever recorded, just to satisfy a bunch of loons, with too much time on their hands. Let's get real, most of these Madonna 'leaks', are shit, and that's the reason why they never made the cut. It's like the obsessive need some have to see her unretouched outtakes. :crazy:

Great post. I totally agree.

Yes, but as an artist you have the right to control your own creative product and decide what you want to release and what you don't. Just like I at my job have the right to decide what version of a document I want the public to see. I'm not obligated to have everyone see my rough drafts. It's not like we're starved for new music for Madonna. She releases new music quite frequently, much more often than a lot of other artists. Some fans are just never satisfied no matter what it seems.

Well she has the right to not release anything again if she wanted. :lmao:

I'm just trying to think of the happy medium that could be reached since her people get so outraged over stuff leaking (which says to me the vault isn't as secure as it needs to be) and us loons that would love to hear every burp and fart she has released near a microphone.

Throwing the fans a bone now and then (even if it's not a great song aka Your Honesty) isn't a horrible thing to do.

Guest nothingfails0603

I honestly believe there is more demand for collections of unreleased material than there are for $40 photobooks like Confessions and Sticky And Sweet that people will buy, look at once and then put on a shelf to gather dust.

Unreleased material is a lucrative market for artists who have enough material in the vaults and enough die-hard fans who will part with money to own it. If Bon Jovi, Nirvana, Springsteen, Tori and others have done so, what makes you think it wouldn't also go over well for Madonna? Hell, The Beatles sold millions with those "Anthology" releases which were nothing but obscure studio takes the only the die-hard Beatle loons would want, but they bought it. If Guy had his way, Madonna would be as marketed as KISS, so why not go and release the unreleased material if he wants to cash in on her as much as he can?

I honestly believe there is more demand for collections of unreleased material than there are for $40 photobooks like Confessions and Sticky And Sweet that people will buy, look at once and then put on a shelf to gather dust.

Unreleased material is a lucrative market for artists who have enough material in the vaults and enough die-hard fans who will part with money to own it. If Bon Jovi, Nirvana, Springsteen, Tori and others have done so, what makes you think it wouldn't also go over well for Madonna? Hell, The Beatles sold millions with those "Anthology" releases which were nothing but obscure studio takes the only the die-hard Beatle loons would want, but they bought it. If Guy had his way, Madonna would be as marketed as KISS, so why not go and release the unreleased material if he wants to cash in on her as much as he can?

I'm sure there is a limited market for shit outtakes....still doesn't mean she should release everything she ever croaked into a microphone. She couldn't find a million people to buy Celebration or Hard Candy in this country. What makes you think a disc full of outtakes and throwaway tracks are gonna sell millions?? That will only jhappen after she's dead, which is probably what she and Guy were planning.

Guest nothingfails0603

I'm sure there is a limited market for shit outtakes....still doesn't mean she should release everything she ever croaked into a microphone. She couldn't find a million people to buy Celebration or Hard Candy in this country. What makes you think a disc full of outtakes and throwaway tracks are gonna sell millions?? That will only jhappen after she's dead, which is probably what she and Guy were planning.

I never said millions (except in the Beatles case but they are a freak of nature, something that will never be duplicated). But... I do think the 100-200k that Bon Jovi, Bruce, Nirvana, Tori, KISS and others have sold with box sets loaded with rare/unreleased material would be easily attainable for Madonna too. Tori and KISS sell far less with their average albums than Madonna does (I don't even think Abnormally Attracted To Sin sold as well as Remixed And Revisited) but every one of those fans also bought the box set.

I'd be stunned if they knew she had unreleased demos given how crap they are at promoting her. It wouldn't surprise me if she was in their phones as 'Madona'

Oh DO shut up Plus I thought you had left?

:lmao: :lmao:

I was wondering: who owes the rights on these songs FOR PUBLISHING (not the authors rights)? Is it Warner or Madonna?

I could be wrong but dont they have an agreement that one can't release stuff without the permission of the other?

Exactly. I agree. With bands, they usually release a lot of outtakes and discarded tracks only after the band has broken up and isn't planning to record together anytime soon sort of as a summing up of the band's work. Madonna isn't planning on stopping her recording anytime soon. Box sets sell, but that's different from an album of just unreleased demos. A lot of those are bought by casual fans who want all the hits in one place and take the unreleased stuff as a bonus. They probably wouldn't buy an album that was just demos without the hits they know.

Hmmm a disc of outtakes could be planned to the fans as a rarities. Most artisst do that you know? AIN´T NO BIG DEAL! :doh:

Guest nothingfails0603

Madonna is not most artists. Haven't you heard? :fag:

BEFORE Guy came along you had a point, but now she has a useless cd for every tour (and not only this, but it ends up making the nice DVD packaging into crappy CD packages, which doesn't exactly look right on a DVD shelf) and a "for diehards only" overpriced picture book. If Guy is going to release this type of stuff, why not open up the vaults for the fans?

Right now is the perfect time to open the vaults up considering the last thing on Madonna's mind right now is working on a new album. That's the perfect time to give the fans this stuff.

Oh DO shut up

Plus I thought you had left?

I never said I left. But, I will ok? No one should tell someone to shut up. I did nothing wrong. Why do you always have to be so mean? Don't answer. I really don't care. Just leave me alone like I plan to do the same.

BEFORE Guy came along you had a point, but now she has a useless cd for every tour (and not only this, but it ends up making the nice DVD packaging into crappy CD packages, which doesn't exactly look right on a DVD shelf) and a "for diehards only" overpriced picture book. If Guy is going to release this type of stuff, why not open up the vaults for the fans?

Right now is the perfect time to open the vaults up considering the last thing on Madonna's mind right now is working on a new album. That's the perfect time to give the fans this stuff.

Don't hold your breath waiting for any of that to happen.

Everyone will have to get over it, and wait for Madonna to make another album. :fag:

Guest chatty kathy

I can see both sides. I love hearing these demos and never before heard stuff from her. But on the other hand, I wouldn't want someone reading my uncompleted work or work that I'd done and wasn't happy with and decided I didn't want the public to see. So I can see why she wouldn't be happy with this getting out there, but I still love listening to it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think she ever had a plan to release these songs and rework them and use them on another album so it's not really about money. It seems to be about more her creative control and she only wants things out there she is 100% happy with.

Guy may make mistakes at times, but I think the hatred against him is way over the top especially when people don't have all the facts. Just because he at one time says something was coming out like the RIT and then it doesn't, doesn't mean he lied. Maybe he intended to do it at the time, but then legalities or other complications made that impossible.

:thumbsup: Agreed 110%

Something I really hope someone knows the answer can explain it to me. Here goes.

I want to know first of all, how do these things leave WB or the studio she may be recording anywhere, and end up in

the hands of these elite Holy-Grail Mad Madonna Collectors?

Thank you!

And Guy's being goofy, the Sem-tex girls that troll fan sites all know it involves Jorge, or that he's just

getting the blame or the fame, however you look at it.

Guest chatty kathy

If she were Prince we'd all b in jail by now :lmao:

:lmao: Talk about wanting to distance your own fans!

Oh DO shut up

Plus I thought you had left?

:rotfl: Best yet!