Guy Oseary is pissed...

afrolito

Guest Pud Whacker

Well, I may be pretty alone on this. But, those demos were Madonna's. I'd be ticked too if they were released without my permission. And I disagree with the person that said Madonna owes us these demos. She doesn't owe us or anyone anything. This is stealing. How would you feel if a ton of your work was handed out for free and someone said you owed it to them without paying for it. It's not right.

agreed. but that is about 98% of the hardcore fans mentality. SHE OWES US. :doh:

now back to what is owed. WARNING SIGNS!!! haha! that was promised in 83/84 interviews. :rotfl:

Well, I may be pretty alone on this. But, those demos were Madonna's. I'd be ticked too if they were released without my permission. And I disagree with the person that said Madonna owes us these demos. She doesn't owe us or anyone anything. This is stealing. How would you feel if a ton of your work was handed out for free and someone said you owed it to them without paying for it. It's not right.

Well yes u r very alone on this, although I don't think she owes us anything, except quality.

So when she releases her 25+ career spanning Videography & she gives us a collection in MPEG quality

I say who cares if it's not right. She's a millionaire & we always support her.

Thanks Pud! I didn't like when people cut Guy Oseary down and said "f*ck him" either. So rude. He's worked hard for Madonna and do people think she could have the career she has without her staff? He is one of the backbones to her success and how we've got a lot of the music, etc we have from her which has provided us with countless hours of pleasure and entertainment. He's stood by her through everything. And so what if he said the RIT were in the makings. How do we know he lied about it? I think it has been in the makings. But, the legalities may be stopping it from happening or something else. So, please don't say he lied when we may not know all the facts.

I can see both sides. I love hearing these demos and never before heard stuff from her. But on the other hand, I wouldn't want someone reading my uncompleted work or work that I'd done and wasn't happy with and decided I didn't want the public to see. So I can see why she wouldn't be happy with this getting out there, but I still love listening to it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think she ever had a plan to release these songs and rework them and use them on another album so it's not really about money. It seems to be about more her creative control and she only wants things out there she is 100% happy with.

Guy may make mistakes at times, but I think the hatred against him is way over the top especially when people don't have all the facts. Just because he at one time says something was coming out like the RIT and then it doesn't, doesn't mean he lied. Maybe he intended to do it at the time, but then legalities or other complications made that impossible.

Guest Pud Whacker

Thanks Pud! I didn't like when people cut Guy Oseary down and said "f*ck him" either. So rude. He's worked hard for Madonna and do people think she could have the career she has without her staff? He is one of the backbones to her success and how we've got a lot of the music, etc we have from her which has provided us with countless hours of pleasure and entertainment. He's stood by her through everything. And so what if he said the RIT were in the makings. How do we know he lied about it? I think it has been in the makings. But, the legalities may be stopping it from happening or something else. So, please don't say he lied when we may not know all the facts.

agreed again. and regarding that RIT, maybe they did have plans and ive seen that professionally recorded video and honey, so did madonna and thats why its not released. :rotfl:

HOOT HOOT - she looks like an owl.

Guest chatty kathy

I'm not having any hate towards Guy O. However, I do wish she had a manager more like Caresse, who was more a "fan oriented" manager as well.

A good manager has a difficult job in keeping the star happy, as well as their fan base. Face it, except for allegedly asking members to suggest tracks for 'Celebration', and I think that set list was already planned before the so called, 'fan attention'. Guy O is(IMPHO) not as fanbased as Caresse who really listened to fans.

I see him spreading her in all different directions now that she's a brand, and he's part owner of that brand.

Guest Pud Whacker

I'm not having any hate towards Guy O. However, I do wish she had a manager more like Caresse, who was more a "fan oriented" manager as well.

A good manager has a difficult job in keeping the star happy, as well as their fan base. Face it, except for allegedly asking members to suggest tracks for 'Celebration', and I think that set list was already planned before the so called, 'fan attention'. Guy O is(IMPHO) not as fanbased as Caresse who really listened to fans.

I see him spreading her in all different directions now that she's a brand, and he's part owner of that brand.

you mean like gap, will and grace, britney, etc - you dingle twat? hahha! :lol:

You should be getting your Madonna thank you call any minute.

so when do HE and Madonna head back into the studio? :lmao:

Apparently he has already employed a vocal coach since he will be laying down background vocals in Madonna's new song early next year in addition to writing and producing it. Madonna likes to keep things in-house lately. It's cheaper.

Guest chatty kathy

you mean like gap, will and grace, britney, etc - you dingle twat? hahha! :lol:

No, no, no you silly.

I mean really sell her brand name, having plugging and pushing as many things she can like Martha Stewert

has done.

See what I meant by that?

Guest nothingfails0603

Considering Guy sees Madonna as $$$$$ and will authorize anything he can of hers moreso than past managers did, why doesn't he release a box set of 4 or 5 discs worth of demos, like Springsteen, Bon Jovi, John Mellencamp, Prince and others have in the past. I dunno about you but I'd rather buy a collection of unreleased Madonna goodies than useless tagalong live cd's that are barely touched because you're buying the DVD instead (and he didn't even put the CD in with the S&S blu-ray, and guess what, I didn't even miss it).

Guest nothingfails0603

Well the bigger question is why is the vault locked? There is a lot of money to be made with unreleased material (just look at what Sony plans to do with MJ over the course of no less than ten future albums) and a nice rarities box set or even a number of random compilations over the years would more than suffice for the fans. She doesn't "owe" the fans anything, but I do think the fans would rather have those than bonus CD's they never play tagged with concert DVD's and $40 picture books from concert tours.

I agree that downloading it takes money from the artist, but it isn't like there's even the opportunity to give them money to hear this material so its practically a moot argument. From what I've heard, every album has at least 10-15 unreleased tracks from the sessions, the fans would pay for them if they made them available.

That's always been my question... who don't they just release at least some of the stuff officially and be done with it. It's obvious that the fans want it and if at all possible will get their hands on it anyway. (Especially in the age where tracks are digitally recorded and easier to get ahold of)

Even a 2 CD set with 30 or so demos that have already leaked and a few still-hidden gems would sell to the fans because at least they would be cleaned up some and in CD quality.

It's never gonna happen I'm sure (or at least it won't until she's dead)

Guest nothingfails0603

From what I've gathered from people, the hatred towards Guy compared to previous managers is that he sees Madonna as a product and something to make $$$$$ on. It wasn't until he came along that Madonna suddenly started being seen as a product, someone who tours every 2-3 years (which has never been her thing until Guy. Touring has always been something she did when she feels like it, she's never been a Springsteen/U2 artist who can't stay off the road.. it's always been like fourth or fifth priority for her, not something she does all of the time), the endless "live cd's" tagged along with DVD releases, the overpriced photo books that will be looked at once or twice and put on a shelf to gather dust, etc... Guy seems to see Madonna as someone he can make money off of, and I don't remember Caresse or Freddy or any of the others doing that with her.

If Guy wants to whore Madonna out and make as much money he can off her, get off the pot, release Revinvention and Blond Ambition on DVD, release this unreleased material officially, etc... give the fans what they want considering you want to make money off Madonna instead of respecting her as an artist.

Only loons are obsessed with unreleased Madonna material. The average fan or casual listener has no clue about any of the stuff that's been leaked the last few days, and couldn't care less. Both Madonna and Guy know this.

Guest nothingfails0603

Only loons are obsessed with unreleased Madonna material. The average fan or casual listener has no clue about any of the stuff that's been leaked the last few days, and couldn't care less. Both Madonna and Guy know this.

Well aren't loons really the only market for any unreleased material? Yet these other artists know well and will service the material for those who will pay for it. If Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen have seen box sets of unreleased material go gold, why not Madge? I think its fair to say she has as many loyal fans as Bon Jovi have.

If Guy doesn't care about unreleased material, then why freak out about it leaking if they aren't planning to make money off it themselves. Unreleased material is something all diehard fans clamor for when it comes to their favorite artists. The day the Prince vaults pretty much leaked wide open a couple years back was a glorious day for a lot of people, because suddenly we got access to hundreds of tracks we've never heard before, as well as demos and alternate versions of more famous songs.

Oh DO shut up

Plus I thought you had left?

I was wondering: who owes the rights on these songs FOR PUBLISHING (not the authors rights)? Is it Warner or Madonna? Because if its Warner, they will start milking her after she is gone (to LIVE NATION) and they might release them soon?

Well aren't loons really the only market for any unreleased material? Yet these other artists know well and will service the material for those who will pay for it. If Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen have seen box sets of unreleased material go gold, why not Madge? I think its fair to say she has as many loyal fans as Bon Jovi have.

If Guy doesn't care about unreleased material, then why freak out about it leaking if they aren't planning to make money off it themselves. Unreleased material is something all diehard fans clamor for when it comes to their favorite artists. The day the Prince vaults pretty much leaked wide open a couple years back was a glorious day for a lot of people, because suddenly we got access to hundreds of tracks we've never heard before, as well as demos and alternate versions of more famous songs.

I didn't know that - what leaked? Any good stuff?

I can completely understand the frustration by Guy and possibly M - to think that work is being released without consent must be very worrying especially as it's through various periods and not just one album. But there we go, I'm loving the leaks - I'm a completist loon and love hearing this stuff one way or another.

Guest nothingfails0603

I didn't know that - what leaked? Any good stuff?

I can completely understand the frustration by Guy and possibly M - to think that work is being released without consent must be very worrying especially as it's through various periods and not just one album. But there we go, I'm loving the leaks - I'm a completist loon and love hearing this stuff one way or another.

The Prince thing was around 2005 or 2006, literally hundreds of tracks from around 1976 to 1993-ish surfaced online, loads of demos, alternate tracks, unreleased cuts, etc..., basically everything from his years at Warner. I managed to download a lot of it. Some of it sounded terrible, like off a second or third generation cassette tape, and some sounded CD quality but it was all worth downloading because it was scores of material you've never heard before, and songs you know in different forms (like the new wave version of Tick Tick Bang, recorded nine years before the Graffiti Bridge version). I remember finding most of it on Multiply before that site wussed out and stopped allowing people to share mp3's.

If I were Madonna, I'd be really upset about this. Clearly, she didn't want any of those tracks released, so it's only natural that Guy would be concerned about the source of the leaks. In essence, Madonna's work has been stolen and distributed across the net. She was upset when "Music" was leaked early and then security around everything she released from 2002 through to 2006 was really tight. Now everything is making its way onto the net. I agree wholeheartedly that she doesn't owe us anything. We choose to buy her releases - no one forces us.

Having said all of that, I still lap up everything I can get as far as leaks are concerned, because the woman and her work fascinate me. Yes, that makes me a hypocrite, but I guess Madonna just brings out the worst in me (as well as the best :thumbsup: ).