Guy Oseary is pissed...

afrolito

That was years later when he really had nothing else new on offer. Madonna doesn't need box sets of unreleased tracks, I'm sure she would prefer to do just do a new album. Especially considering she doesn't record anywhere near the amount of songs that Michael Jackson did and also, neither her nor her career is dead.

I'm not so sure about that. From everything I've read, Madonna has discarded entire albums worth of material when she decided to go in a different direction (Bedtime Stories). Yes, I know she has reworked alot of those (Shep Pettibone) songs into songs we know. Babyface told Jet magazine that he & Madonna wrote 9 or 10 songs that she shelved because she didn't want to repeat herself. Not to mention the leftover songs from "Ray Of Light" (some of which have since leaked) that were going to be part of the "Veronica Electronica" project. Also, didn't Madonna record something close to 30 songs for "American Life"? And I'm sure there are leftovers from "Music" and others.

I think Madonna has TONS of stuff in her vaults, much more than we think there is.

I'm not so sure about that. From everything I've read, Madonna has discarded entire albums worth of material when she decided to go in a different direction (Bedtime Stories). Yes, I know she has reworked alot of those (Shep Pettibone) songs into songs we know. Babyface told Jet magazine that he & Madonna wrote 9 or 10 songs that she shelved because she didn't want to repeat herself. Not to mention the leftover songs from "Ray Of Light" (some of which have since leaked) that were going to be part of the "Veronica Electronica" project. Also, didn't Madonna record something close to 30 songs for "American Life"? And I'm sure there are leftovers from "Music" and others.

I think Madonna has TONS of stuff in her vaults, much more than we think there is.

Veronica Electronica was going to be a remix album, and she said she was already bored with it and so she decided to do a new album instead ("Music").. The ROL demos like Gone Gone Gone, Like A Flower, Revenge etc were, in fact, songs she did for Ray Of Light before Orbit.

Guest bluejean

Veronica Electronica was going to be a remix album, and she said she was already bored with it and so she decided to do a new album instead ("Music").. The ROL demos like Gone Gone Gone, Like A Flower, Revenge etc were, in fact, songs she did for Ray Of Light before Orbit.

True, and I think with Shep for Bedtime Stories she had only done half a dozen tracks, several of which were reworked and actually released.

There is no doubt lots of stuff that hasn't leaked or been released, but I doubt its as much as someone like MJ. Madonna has said before she gets all the songwriting done before she goes into the studio usually to save time and money.

Of course there will be afew Madonna gems that haven't leaked, lets hope they do. I would be surprised if any of them were album or single worthy and left sitting on the shelf. But I would like to be surprised!

She never did an album's worth with Shep for Bedtime. It's more an EP's worth. They only did 4 songs together.

Madonna has recorded a LOT of stuff over the past 25 years, a LOT of it wasn't even submitted to her record label and that they don't even know about its existence. Stephen Bray was able to release Pre-Madonna because the material was recorded before Madonna's Warner Bros contract.

I don't know how it works: once Madonna has an idea, does the record company pay for recording the demo? Or for example do Madonna and Patrick Leonard record a demo in Pat's studio and they only submit the better ones to Warner before they record the album?

The label pays an advance to Madonna. Madonna goes in and works with a producer in a professional studio (more expensive) or in home studios (like with Stuart and Mirwais). They come up with the work and submit what they deem the best stuff to the label and register it with that federal copyright database.

I thought Babyface only confirmed that he and Madonna had worked on a couple of tracks together and that they were very much in the same style as "Take A Bow", which is why she decided not to use them....? As others have reported, she and Shep only worked on a handful of songs for "Bedtime Stories - she certainly didn't scrap a whole album of material.