Guy Oseary is pissed...

afrolito

This woman has always been greedy about her unreleased songs. After more than 25 years on business you can't even fill half cd wih the b-sides she's released. At first i thought it was because they were shit, but after all this leakage i see it's because she's a greedy person and doesn't want to give anything that she can re-use in the future.

Guest bluejean

Let's get real, most of these Madonna 'leaks', are shit, and that's the reason why they never made the cut.

Exactly.

I mean it's interesting to hear this stuff but I think releasing them and charging the usual for a CD would just be ripping people off. Meanwhile Madonna fans create fantasy tracklists of 'Hard Candy' claiming the album would have been better with 'Infinity' or 'Animal' on it :lmao:

I know when I was in the trading game there was a core group of 8 to 10 people who had all the really rare stuff. I'd say there might be 20 or less people who have all this stuff (before the leaks of course). The thing that amazes me is the some traders were charging quite a bit of money for some of the rarer stuff. I would guarantee the big dogs are pretty pissed. Hahaha

I hate these stupid fags. Denying fellow fans "Warning Signs" and other such goodies.

Guest nothingfails0603

This woman has always been greedy about her unreleased songs. After more than 25 years on business you can't even fill half cd wih the b-sides she's released. At first i thought it was because they were shit, but after all this leakage i see it's because she's a greedy person and doesn't want to give anything that she can re-use in the future.

When does Madonna ever re-use old tracks though? I've seen people like Prince and Stevie Nicks ("Planets Of The Universe" was released/recorded in 2001 yet it originally was demoed around 1978 and put on a Fleetwood Mac rarities disc tagged with one of the remastered cd's) come out with re-recorded versions of stuff they demoed ages before, but Madonna always seems like an "out with the old" person and once an era is over, she's finished with it outside of revisiting a few tracks here and there in concert.

Maybe, just maybe, down the road we'll get deluxe editions of all the old albums and she'll make all this stuff available on bonus discs. Oh well, keep dreaming.... LOL

The Prince thing was around 2005 or 2006, literally hundreds of tracks from around 1976 to 1993-ish surfaced online, loads of demos, alternate tracks, unreleased cuts, etc..., basically everything from his years at Warner. I managed to download a lot of it. Some of it sounded terrible, like off a second or third generation cassette tape, and some sounded CD quality but it was all worth downloading because it was scores of material you've never heard before, and songs you know in different forms (like the new wave version of Tick Tick Bang, recorded nine years before the Graffiti Bridge version). I remember finding most of it on Multiply before that site wussed out and stopped allowing people to share mp3's.

:dramatic: OK, I WILL TOTALLY HAVE SEX WITH SOMEONE WHO'LL UPLOAD THIS FOR ME :fag: In full, obviously

Meanwhile Madonna fans create fantasy tracklists of 'Hard Candy' claiming the album would have been better with 'Infinity' or 'Animal' on it :lmao:

And you don't think it would?

Who knows what a polished version of Animal could have turned into.

If the transformations of Infinity into GI2M and the early demo of BGO into its album version are anything to go by then Animal and Latte could have been stellar.

At present I'm enjoying these leaked HC demos much more than the album when I first heard it. I struggle to listen to HC, I think it's weak.

In time maybe the demo tracks will show their cracks and we will understand why she dropped them but for now I am excited by them.

She hasn't released bsides because she probably isn't contractually obligated to do so with the writers she works with (unlike less in control pop stars *cough*kylie*cough*)... and by not having bsides on singles she doesn't have to further divide song writing royalties. So yeah... she's greedy.

She hasn't released bsides because she probably isn't contractually obligated to do so with the writers she works with (unlike less in control pop stars *cough*kylie*cough*)... and by not having bsides on singles she doesn't have to further divide song writing royalties. So yeah... she's greedy.

But it wouldn't be so horrible to release some b-sides now and then. We got 'Ain't no big deal' ad nauseam, later we got 'Supernatural' (her best b-side) and from the on we just got 'Let down your guard' and 'Has to be' (i think, i'm not sure). It's only recently when she's opened a bit her vaults and releases more. But why the hell did she kept 'Your Honesty' in the vaults, only to release more than 10 years later, ending up being a dated track, when it would have been a good b-side for Take a Bow or Human Nature?

Animal is the FINISHED and MASTERED track, it's NOT a demo. It doesn't need to be polished at all.

Exactly.This track sounds perfect just the way it is.To the person who said that most of these leaks are crap...I think "Animal" is better than 90% of the tracks that made it onto Hard Candy!

Exactly.This track sounds perfect just the way it is.To the person who said that most of these leaks are crap...I think "Animal" is better than 90% of the tracks that made it onto Hard Candy!

+1

But it wouldn't be so horrible to release some b-sides now and then. We got 'Ain't no big deal' ad nauseam, later we got 'Supernatural' (her best b-side) and from the on we just got 'Let down your guard' and 'Has to be' (i think, i'm not sure). It's only recently when she's opened a bit her vaults and releases more. But why the hell did she kept 'Your Honesty' in the vaults, only to release more than 10 years later, ending up being a dated track, when it would have been a good b-side for Take a Bow or Human Nature?

Cyberraga

Fighting Spirit

History

Super Pop

Ring My Bell

It's So Cool

I can't see Madonna reusing any of these tracks. Each of Madonna's album and phases of her career is so different in its sound. With most of the demos as soon as you hear it, you know for which album it was recorded. Since each of her albums are so different, I would think it would be hard to fit the discarded tracks on the new album. The only demo I really love is Miss You, but I can't see her returning to that American Life sound so it wouldn't fit. She's not like some artists who keep repeating the same sound on every album so an old demo would fit right in.

Exactly.

I mean it's interesting to hear this stuff but I think releasing them and charging the usual for a CD would just be ripping people off. Meanwhile Madonna fans create fantasy tracklists of 'Hard Candy' claiming the album would have been better with 'Infinity' or 'Animal' on it :lmao:

I agree. The only way I could see it working to release old demos is for it to be download only so you could choose which tracks you wanted and wouldn't have to get the whole cd and charge a reduced price per song.

Guest bluejean

Who knows what a polished version of Animal could have turned into.

If the transformations of Infinity into GI2M and the early demo of BGO into its album version are anything to go by then Animal and Latte could have been stellar.

I'll agree with that on 'Animal,' it has potential but needs more work.

I can't see a slightly different tracklist making a difference to the album or the success of it. I've never understood the hate for Hard Candy anyway. The mistake imo was her choice of producers. But it's still a good album.

Guest bluejean

I agree. The only way I could see it working to release old demos is for it to be download only so you could choose which tracks you wanted and wouldn't have to get the whole cd and charge a reduced price per song.

It may be a somewhat kind gesture to charge fans for off cuts, since artists owe their fans that apparently. Madonna on the other hand is a perfectionist. She puts out the stuff she is happy with and leaves the rest on the shelf. Where is belongs. Michael Jackson was the same, he rarely had b-sides of any kind.

I don't hear anything special in these other demos that would have suddenly made Hard Candy some groundbreaking masterpiece.

I'm sure the only reason stuff like 'Your Honesty' happened is because Madonna was talked into it. There has been afew gems here and there, 'Has To Be' for example. That song should have been on the album and I'm sure the only reason it wasn't is because Madonna wanted to have 13 tracks.

I could see maybe including an unreleased track on a single from her new album to encourage people to buy the single who might otherwise just buy the album. But an album of just discarded tracks and demos doesn't seem like a good idea to me or something that would have a lot of commercial potential.

I could see maybe including an unreleased track on a single from her new album to encourage people to buy the single who might otherwise just buy the album. But an album of just discarded tracks and demos doesn't seem like a good idea to me or something that would have a lot of commercial potential.

Unless she was no longer... with us??? HEAVEN FORBID :nocomment:

Guest nothingfails0603

It may be a somewhat kind gesture to charge fans for off cuts, since artists owe their fans that apparently. Madonna on the other hand is a perfectionist. She puts out the stuff she is happy with and leaves the rest on the shelf. Where is belongs. Michael Jackson was the same, he rarely had b-sides of any kind.

True but even he had the box set that had dozens of unreleased tracks as a selling point, and Sony has already made it known that the 100's of vault tracks he left behind (for example I've heard there are some 40 unissued tracks from the Bad sessions alone) are going to get released in the next ten years.

Guest bluejean

True but even he had the box set that had dozens of unreleased tracks as a selling point, and Sony has already made it known that the 100's of vault tracks he left behind (for example I've heard there are some 40 unissued tracks from the Bad sessions alone) are going to get released in the next ten years.

That was years later when he really had nothing else new on offer. Madonna doesn't need box sets of unreleased tracks, I'm sure she would prefer to do just do a new album. Especially considering she doesn't record anywhere near the amount of songs that Michael Jackson did and also, neither her nor her career is dead.

Guest bluejean

I even think the concept of b-sides is dead. They can release the singles as single track downloads on itunes and that is what they are doing.

These days, the album tracks are the b-sides. Alot of artists these days are releasing different version of albums in different territories with a range of different 'bonus tracks.' I can't see Madonna doing that. Apart from the bonus tracks she's tacked onto the end of special editions or the Japanese releases in the past, she seems to put her albums together as a standard cohesive set.

Notice too Madonna has never really done a 're-release' like Rihanna and the like, adding on new singles to an old album.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

ANIMAL doesn't need polishing, that's the beauty of it. It sounds grimey and hot, not sparkling and poofy like the final version [which i do enjoy mm hmm].

Guest bluejean

ANIMAL doesn't need polishing, that's the beauty of it. It sounds grimey and hot, not sparkling and poofy like the final version [which i do enjoy mm hmm].

I'm not talking about the production