MUSIC ALBUM appreciation thread

Cooka

I'm not a huge fan of it :sneaky: I feel it's inconsistent. some of the songs are really great like Music , Paradise and Impressive Instant. others are absolute shit like I Deserve It and Nobody's Perfect. Also I'm not really crazy about the cowgirl look. I think the cyberpunk look from DWT or some futuristic Hindu look in the style of Cyberraga would've looked a lot cooler. Let's face it , a lot of Madonna's work is tied to her image. and I didn't like her Music image :p

I'm not a huge fan of it :sneaky: I feel it's inconsistent. some of the songs are really great like Music , Paradise and Impressive Instant. others are absolute shit like I Deserve It and Nobody's Perfect. Also I'm not really crazy about the cowgirl look. I think the cyberpunk look from DWT or some futuristic Hindu look in the style of Cyberraga would've looked a lot cooler. Let's face it , a lot of Madonna's work is tied to her image. and I didn't like her Music image :p

This is your WORST post by far. :thumbsdown:

I was in high school during this era and she was cool to teenagers then.

Impressive Instant, Don't Tell Me, & Paradise are my top 3 favorites from this. Music, the album version, I'm tired of it. But her live renditions of this remind me how good the song is.

Oh, i'll also never forget when i was playing NOBODY'S PERFECT loud at home and my Dad was checking the stereo because he thought there was something wrong with it because of all the distortion in the song :lol:

He HATES that song, he thinks it's a mess. He doesn't really GET IT.

POOR PAHPAH.

:lol: I remember buying the album at midnight at HMV Times Square. I think I still have the fiercely heterosexual white pink cowboy hat freebie they gave out that night. I listened to the album on the way back home and was in awe. When "Don't Tell Me" came on I restarted it a few times thinking my DISCMAN (remember those things?) was skipping. :chuckle: I loved this album and played the fuck out of it during that era. I have grown to love it even more since. It's so TIGHT!

Untitled-2.gif

Oh how I adored this era.... I still remember buying the "Music" CD single in Lyon (France) where I was doing an internship. The Frenchies (understandably) loved it and it was Madonna fever all over. I was back in London by the time I bought the album and I took a picture with my CD next to the huge ass MUSIC album cover cover on the Oxford St HMV window display ( :rotfl::shy: )

OK, it's rating time bitches!

09 Music

10 Impressive Instant

08 Runaway Lover

08 I Deserve It

07 Amazing

08 Nobody's Perfect

09 Don't Tell Me

10 What it Feels Like for a Girl

10 Paradise (Not for Me)

09 Gone

6 American Pie

OK, it's rating time bitches!

09 Music

10 Impressive Instant

08 Runaway Lover

08 I Deserve It

07 Amazing

08 Nobody's Perfect

09 Don't Tell Me

10 What it Feels Like for a Girl

10 Paradise (Not for Me)

09 Gone <------------------------------------ NEEDS TO BE A 10

6 American Pie

Music 9

Impressive Instant 10

Runaway Lover 7

I Deserve It 5

Amazing 8

Nobody's Perfect 3

Don't Tell Me 7

What It Feels Like For A Girl 7

Paradise (Not For Me) 9

Gone 8

American Pie isn't on my CD :p

Music 9

Impressive Instant 10

Runaway Lover 7

I Deserve It 5

Amazing 8

Nobody's Perfect 3

Don't Tell Me 7

What It Feels Like For A Girl 7

Paradise (Not For Me) 9

Gone 8 <------------------------------------ NEEDS TO BE A 10

I would just like to say , that even though I don't like Music that much , I fucking love Mirwais!! Arabology is one of the best albums I've heard this year :dramatic:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

:wow:

10 Music

08 Impressive Instant

07 Runaway Lover

08 I Deserve It

07 Amazing

10 Nobody's Perfect

10 Don't Tell Me

07 What it Feels Like for a Girl

10 Paradise (Not for Me)

10 Gone

07 Cyber-raga

05 American Pie

08 What it Feels Like for a Girl [single remix]

Music=9

Impressive Instant=9

Runaway Lover=10

I Deserve It=8

Amazing=8

Nobody's Perfect=10

Don't Tell Me=10

What It Feels Like=8

Paradise=7 (too long for me, i like the DWT edit, gets right to the point. but it is a beautiful song!!!!)

Gone=10

Cyber-raga=9

Liquid Love=9

Guest Pud Whacker

"Music" 10

"Impressive Instant" 10

"Runaway Lover" 10

"I Deserve It" 10

"Amazing" 9

"Nobody's Perfect" 10

"Don't Tell Me" 10

"What It Feels Like for a Girl" 10

"Paradise (Not for Me)" 10

"Gone" 10

brilliant album.

Theres nothing I wouldn't give a ten for on that album. Including Cyberaga and the single edit of WIFLFAG. The videos that went with the songs, the live performances. It's all ten ten ten!!! I actually get goosebumps listening to the tour version of WIFLFAG (interlude). Not many pieces of music can do that to me any more. There's so much feeling to it.

Guest northernlad

My favourite Madonna album. I had purchased LAP & TIC in 1997 and was just becoming a fan when Ray of Light arrived and left me fairly alienated. Then came "Beautiful Stranger" which I loved but not enough to further my Madonna exploration until a year later when I picked up BS & STR & started loving her. Then came this album and everything changed. I bought the rest of her shit right after & was doing almost daily Madonna news internet checks within months. Plus I had just realised I was gay around that time and this record helped me sort through all of that.