Unreleased song, 'Dance' from True Blue sessions

Cud

Howdo!

First off, dunno if this has been posted/discussed before. If so, soz.

Anyway, just I was just going through YouTube and came across this - is this Madge? It really does sound like her (to me, anyway)... Cool little song! What do you lot reckon?

Edited by Hector
http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=28271

I purchased a GREAT 2-disc Madonna bootleg a few years ago. This track is on it. I fell in love with it immediately. Yes, it's a little cheesy but lyrically, it's along the same lines of "Where's The Party" & "Vogue". But as non album tracks go, it's a fun one.

Here's the link instead...

The comments seem to be of the opinion that it's not her, but there's something about the tone of the singing that makes me think it's her... Someone else has suggested that it's Donna DeLory, but I'm not so sure...

I purchased a GREAT 2-disc Madonna bootleg a few years ago. This track is on it. I fell in love with it immediately. Yes, it's a little cheesy but lyrically, it's along the same lines of "Where's The Party" & "Vogue". But as non album tracks go, it's a fun one.

Ooooh, sounds interesting - what else is on it?

Its got the feeling but its not Madonna of course. I can't find the song via lyric searching. I guess we will never know this woman who is, I guess she danced to death :( R.I.P.

OK, now that I've actually played the song on the link that works, that's NOT the song I was thinking of. After listening to the song closely, the vocals are CLEARLY not Madonna. I have not clue who the hell that is.

LOL its sooo not Madonna. The song is very generic and right up there (or down there) with Don't Stop. GOOD thing she didnt put this on that classic album. Though its still better than Jimmy Jimmy.

Whoever it is, it's clearly a "wanna-be"- but, lacking, that oomph that gives even Madonna's most generic tracks that special Madonna quailty.

It sounds as if someone heard "Spotlight" and reworked it into this even-more pedestrian track. ("Spotlight" has that Madonna empowerment message, but is not as good as her classic work, I think we'd all agree) And, am I alone in hearing the "Open Your Heart" chorus melody in bits of the music?