How many more Madonna albums do you think we will get?

Guest Corazon

i honestly don't see her pushing out albums like before. I wouldn't be surprised if we got an album in 2012 and then not another one until the near end of her live nation contract. She has 8 years to go on that contract, so I think maybe two more studio albums and possibly some live tour albums.

Did anyone ever figure out how many tours she has left in her current contract?

Guest ditaluver

I forgot about that uh video and song. It barely made a lasting impression on the public.

who cares about the public? im ready to party!

i'll always party with M.

Rock is different to pop when it comes to aging. Madonna at 70 gyrating on stage to the newest RedOne2030 dance song would just look lame. Unless she changes her sound a lot as she gets older or something. I love her, but i really don't want her becoming a CHER with cheesy pop music and big groups of gays behind her dancing poofter like and Madonna boppiong to the beat but unable to actually dance because her knees are too old. That's a bit of a "washed up gay icon mess" imo.

I'm sure music will always be there in SOME form though, even if just in small doses, but i can see her throwing in the towel to touring and the "POP STAR LIFESTYLE" eventually. Movie directing is her future imo.

I'd say she's set for the next decade and that MAY be it. She'll always be doing SOMETHING creative though, she's too hungry.

Oh Gawd the irony! :lmao:

gaga_.gif

lady08.gif

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I think you missed the point deary, Gaga isn't 60 years old.

I know you're ideal would be Madonna singing pop songs about being a cougar at 60, but some of us don;t want her to be a laughing stock.

Madonna will be creating music and touring until the day she dies. No amount of Kablahblah will ever silence her ego and its constant need for attention, and for that I say YAY!

There are rumors that Tina Turner is going on tour again at 70. If she can do it, so can Madonna. :asian:

I think you missed the point deary, Gaga isn't 60 years old.

I know you're ideal would be Madonna singing pop songs about being a cougar at 60, but some of us don;t want her to be a laughing stock.

I was trying to say why at any age is it less embarrasing to have people fruitily dancing around you? Why at 23 is it less embarassing?

My ideal Madonna would be a I don't Give A Fuck Madonna who does what she wants and doesn't give a shit about selling or chart positions.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I was trying to say why at any age is it less embarrasing to have people fruitily dancing around you? Why at 23 is it less embarassing?

I already addressed this in my original post. Not sure why you're asking me to explain it all over again?

LOOK AT CHER. It's fucking dire.

My ideal Madonna would be a I don't Give A Fuck Madonna who does what she wants and doesn't give a shit about selling or chart positions.

Keep dreaming :rotfl:

I already addressed this in my original post. Not sure why you're asking me to explain it all over again?

LOOK AT CHER. It's fucking dire.

Keep dreaming :rotfl:

But isn't still embarrasing for a 23 year old?

And I shall keep dreaming, for otherwise I'd go insane :asian:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

But isn't still embarrasing for a 23 year old?

One again, i've made this point already. Are you high?

i think he's trying to say that it's not embarrassing to be a pop idol with a legion of poofters when you're young but when you mature you have to have a more 'mature sound' that's not embarrassing when you're old , like rock.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

But you didn't explain WHY it's more embarrasing. Thats all I wanna know lol

It's pretty self explanatory, dude.

Pop music is a youth originated market. A 60 year old plastic faced women trying to hold onto that is never a good thing. Unless you like that sort of thing, which it seems like you do, which is why you aren't really GETTING what i'm saying. Madonnas always been cooler than that, she's not Bette Midler.

Madonna needs to be doing good music at an older age, not tacky shit.

It's pretty self explanatory, dude.

Pop music is a youth originated market. A 60 year old plastic faced women trying to hold onto that is never a good thing. Unless you like that sort of thing, which it seems like you do, which is why you aren't really GETTING what i'm saying. Madonnas always been cooler than that, she's not Bette Midler.

Madonna needs to be doing good music at an older age, not tacky shit.

Thank you CUBB now I understand what you meant :)

For me, one of the things I've always liked about Madonna is that she is insane and doesn't mind making people feel uncomfortable. Some people were uncomfortable with her shoving her puss in our faces when she was 33 because....well, we've never quite seen anything like her before and it's just not very lady like. Women just aren't supposed to behave that way. :) By the time she hits 50 virtually ALL the female pop stars are shoving their pusses in our faces without incident.....thank you Madonna for helping to make that acceptable. :| Since around 2005 though, when she became a bit "friskier" again it's once again a problem when Madonna decides to hump a boombox or amp here or there....or run around in bra and underwear in a video....not because she looks bad, but because she's deemed OLD and according to societies rules should be behaving a certain way at "her age".

Over the years, it seems as though many have said people that were uncomfortable with her and her sexual antics of the late 80's/early 90's had hangups about their own sexuality. Perhaps the reactions she's getting now....or will get in the future if she continues to be the frisky cougar that she currently is are ALSO because of peoples personal hangups....that would be seeing someone who is virtually the age of some Grandmothers behaving/dressing in a way that isn't typical of what we see when we go to visit Grandma. I don't think people like that feeling too much....it just feels wrong. Just like it felt wrong to some 25 years ago to see a woman behaving/dressing unlike a "lady is supposed to".

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

That's great and all, but i wasn't really talking about her being gross or shocking, just not sexy, tacky, old and passed her moment. Which hasn't arrived yet, but it will at some point, which is why she should choose her music wisely and not become a parody.

That's great and all, but i wasn't really talking about her being gross or shocking, just not sexy and old and passed her moment. Which hasn't arrived yet, but it will at some point, which is why she should choose her music wisely.

I hear you and I know you don't feel this way, but like I mentioned, the past 5 years or so one of things we've heard the most as M fans in the press, from other fans, haters etc is that she is OLD and needs to stop dressing overtly sexy and basically act her age. Some already feel she's LONG been past her moment. All I'm saying is, she's managed to help in making 50 seem sexy, which is not exactly typical at this point. At 50 you're "supposed" to have long since "toned it down". As long as she keeps up whatever she's doing to look so great I don't see why she couldn't do it at 60+ convincingly. I agree about the music, without good music to keep her on top none of the other stuff really matters anyways. Without good music she'd just glide into legendom with the others we KNOW are still around but just don't hear too much from.

Guest northernlad

and not become a parody.

She's largely been that since summer of 2003. But for the most part, she still does it well, and makes great music. I trust that will be the same at 60, and even 70.

I think the problem some people are having is seeing Madonna doing things we don't normally see old people doing. I am sorry to say, but I think the tiger is going be a tiger at 80, 90, or 100. Is it possible she'll settle down and do some more "respectable" stuff? Yeah, maybe. But let's face it, based on her history, Madonna has never been one to act the way people want or expect her to.

I don't WANT her to turn into Cher, Streisand, or Bette Midler. I want her to be true to herself, and if that means she wears a corset and hooker boots at 80, so be it. Just give me decent music and some tongue-in-cheek humor and I'll be golden.

But let's face it, based on her history, Madonna has never been one to act the way people want or expect her to.

Correct.

I honestly dont give a fuck what she wears, or what genre she tries in the future, as long as the music is on POINT then I will be happy.

I think the problem some people are having is seeing Madonna doing things we don't normally see old people doing. I am sorry to say, but I think the tiger is going be a tiger at 80, 90, or 100. Is it possible she'll settle down and do some more "respectable" stuff? Yeah, maybe. But let's face it, based on her history, Madonna has never been one to act the way people want or expect her to.

I don't WANT her to turn into Cher, Streisand, or Bette Midler. I want her to be true to herself, and if that means she wears a corset and hooker boots at 80, so be it. Just give me decent music and some tongue-in-cheek humor and I'll be golden.

:thumbsup:

Right on as usual Nightshade.

I can’t help but find Madonna of a certain age threads depressing. They remind me of death somehow like we’re waiting for bad news or the end of the world. I love Madonna but I never think of the facts – she’s passed a quarter of a century old, 4 children, and maybe just maybe she’s disinterested in the things fans like myself want – more music – quality and introspective.

Her passion for the cinema has led her to becoming a filmmaker. I suppose if she’s a better director than an actress ala Sofia Coppola all will right itself with the world. I don’t like thinking of her as old.