CNN Most Iconic Musicians- Vote For Madonna

TOUR2008

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/28/icon.music.vote/#fbid=IIrImEpkX3X

CNN's new arts and culture show "icon," in conjunction with music magazine "Songlines," has shortlisted 20 globally renowned musicians from the past 50 years. Vote for your favorite artists and we'll reveal the top five in "icon's" interactive gallery at cnn.com/icon when our music show airs on August 25.

That list could easily be narrowed to 10!:beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Marley,James Borwn, Bob Dylan, Elvis,Aretha, Madonna, Michael and Celia Cruz....besides them I only know Juanes and Gilberto Gill...who the hell are the others?..lol...

My top 5!:

5.- Elvis

4.- The Rolling Stones

3.- The Beatles

2.- Michael Jackson

1.- Madonna

Where's David Bowie ????

Right there with Queen or Led Zeppelin I guess!...I think this list was made so that there's some kind of "equality" for all continents as it seems there are African and Asian artists in that list that are not necessarily well known other than in their territories...but as to think they're bigger names than for instance David Bowie, Queen, Elton John or Led Zeppelin, that's insane! , or isn't it? :dramatic:

1.Madonna

2.Elvis

3.The Beatles

4.Michael Jackson

5.The Rolling Stones

sidenote: I'm surprised that Juanes is an option. I love him, but really?

Guest chatty kathy

:thumbsup: Thank you for sharing the link!

My votes:

1. Madonna

2. Rolling Stones

3. Beatles

4. Elvis Presley

5. Michael Jackson

Thanks for the link- cool, will have to remember to watch the program. I gather the actual program will spotlight the20 acts listed (the top 5, it says, will appear in an online gallery).

Guess I'm the only one who had Aretha on their list. :) (though someone like James Brown and Mick Jagger had more iconic performance movement, for sure). I put her at 5, behind M, Elvis, MJ and The Beatles.

Thanks for the link- cool, will have to remember to watch the program.

Guess I'm the only one who had Aretha on their list. :) I put her at 5, behind M, Elvis, MJ and The Beatles.

No, I had Ree..But I was looking for Stevie.. . :fag:

Some crappy magazine did a similar poll here recently :

1. The Beatles (29%)

2. Elvis Presley (27%)

3. Michael Jackson (26%)

4. Madonna (12%)

5. The Rolling Stones (6%)

guys you stupid hookers don't vote for Michael, Beatles, Elvis and Rolling Stones pick one of the other unknowns that will give Madonna a better chance at #1.

Guest jamesshot

This is damn impressive she was chosen as just one of 20 globally renowned musicians of the past 50 years! Another notch in her belt. Another validation to add to her impressive collection.

^Indeed. I should compile the collection of these kinds of things, similar to the Acclaimed Music stuff for albums and songs.

BTW- does this monthly program air on U.S. CNN, or just CNN International? Wonder if they will discuss all 20 on the actual show.

Guest jamesshot

^Indeed. I should compile the collection of these kinds of things, similar to the Acclaimed Music stuff for albums and songs.

BTW- does this monthly program air on U.S. CNN, or just CNN International? Wonder if they will discuss all 20 on the actual show.

When I voted it read "Come back next month to vote on a new set of icons" or something like that. I would think they would discuss all of them.