Mad keen on a tour

TOUR2008

Mad keen on a tour

By 3am 28/07/2010

It seems only five minutes since the end of her last world tour - but Madonna is getting ready to do it all over again.

Instead of putting her feet up with a pack of macrobiotic biccies and a lemon and ginger brew, the star has been road-testing dancers for a gruelling sixmonth tour. It kicks off late next autumn, when Madge will be 52. And, befitting a middle-aged lady, the theme is "urban street".

Watched by her toyboy Brazilian lover Jesus Luz, 23, the singer held auditions for dancers last week at London club Aura.

She brought along her own DJ, Deejay MissDi, to provide the tunes while she videoed the action on her phone.

Cordoning off an area of the club, a string of dancers performed for the star as she graded each and every one of them, Louie Spence-stylee.

She's nothing if not a perfectionist. And she's no slouch either. Madge's yearlong Sticky and Sweet tour finished last September and she's keen to be back on the road.

Advertisement - article continues below »

However, the as-yet-unnamed tour, part of Madonna's £60 million deal with concert promoter Live Nation, is expected to net her in excess of £100million.

Motivation enough for anyone.

We're told: "It's going to be her biggest, most unexpected tour to date. She is going back to her New York City roots, with a street/ hip-hop feel, and wants to make it a physical, danceheavy set of gigs.

"Madonna is in peak condition so the gruelling aspect of life on the road isn't a problem. She also road-tested dancers at her fave London club, and had her lover, Jesus Luz, give his opinion."

The dancers have been told the pay is £50,000 for a sixmonth run, culminating at London's O2 arena. Sounds great. But if you miss it, there'll be another one along in a few minutes.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/07/28/mad-keen-on-a-tour-115875-22445390/#ixzz0uxL14AL6

Order your copy of the Daily Mirror for £3.15 and get the new Prince album 20TEN for Free. Order yours here

Guest dance2nite

OMG, hope it's true, that would explain why she has been auditioning dancers in London and New York recently!

Please come to Australia Madonna! :thumbsup:

Guest AntiVirgin

she should tour se-asia as well. She should come to singapore, thailand, phillipines etc before heading to Oz

I so hope this is true. And if she starts in late fall (November perhaps?) she will probably come back to the southern hemisphere (Argentina, yay!)

This would confirm:

The rumor on what the crew guy (was it Chris Lamb?) who said to the fan "don't make plans for next year" when asked if Madonna would tour in 2010 or 2011

The drummer that said he had signed for the next year's Madonna tour

The rumor on the audition for dancers she supposedly performed in New York earlier this year

The rumor on the gig for New Year's Eve in Rio de Janeiro that the Rio governor commented when she visited Brazil in February

I know you can't get your hopes up but, some things sound reasonable, like starting around Christmas and in Brazil where it's summer (when the shows are usually held)

I am starting to save money

ok, lie, but I will definitely make some room in my credit card.

It kicks off late next autumn, when Madge will be 52.

"Next aurtumn" (2011) Madonna will be 53 not 52.

Hope it's true. And I guess that will also mean a new album next year, before the tour starts.

Late 2011 sounds good. Right now pop tours are not selling well.

Guest dance2nite

I don't think she is auditioning dancers a year in advanance, i think she will tour later this year or early next!

I don't think she is auditioning dancers a year in advanance, i think she will tour later this year or early next!

That's too early. She needs to build up demand for her shows. If she releases an album first and she has a gap between tours, then the demand for her will be high again. She can't do two tours that are really close together, especially right now. Currently, pop tours are selling horribly.

The article had a possible set list:

Opening video: Jimmy Jimmy

Street NY roots set

Love Makes the World Go Round

History

Like a Flower (rock mix with a guitar)

Don't Stop

Mother and Father (instrumental ending)

Interlude: Cry Baby (Klein's video shows Madonna buying lingerie in Amsterdam and she has no credit card and ends up crying on the street)

Romantic Set

Shoo Be Doo (she is a prostitute in Amsterdam trying to earn money)

Miles Away

Spanish Lesson (rock mix with guitar)

Hung Up (accapella)

Interlude: Crazy in Love/Baby One More Time/ Hand on Your Heart/ Alejandro mash up. The video shows Madonna dreesing all ghetto)

Urban set

Candy Shop

Revolver

I'd rather be your lover

Did You Do it (rock with a guitar and a tambourine)

Interlude: I'm so stupid/ I'm going bananas

Old diva set

Easy Ride

One More Chance

Power of Goodbye

Gone

Final track: Celebration

Street NY roots set

History

Don't Stop

Interlude: Cry Baby (Klein's video shows Madonna buying lingerie in Amsterdam and she has no credit card and ends up crying on the street)

Romantic Set

Miles Away

Hung Up (accapella)

Interlude: Crazy in Love/Baby One More Time/ Hand on Your Heart/ Alejandro mash up. The video shows Madonna dreesing all ghetto)

Urban set

Candy Shop

Revolver

I'd rather be your lover

Old diva set

Easy Ride

One More Chance

Power of Goodbye

Gone

That whole (imaginary) setlist is not only AWFUL but laughable. I MIGHT have believed that she's planning a tour but the setlist makes me know it's all BULLSHIT. Spanish Lesson, again? :lol:

Guest dance2nite

Street NY roots set

History

Don't Stop

Romantic Set

Miles Away

Hung Up (accapella)

Urban set

Candy Shop

Revolver

I'd rather be your lover

Old diva set

Easy Ride

One More Chance

Power of Goodbye

Gone

That's a lie, it isn't on the article you made it up, LOL if only a joke!

@ karbatal: Now that set list looks fake. Half the songs aren't even singles, not to mention some are unreleased. But the dead giveaway is the 2nd interlude - the mash-up's in M's tours are usually between M's songs with others. It makes no sense for her to do a mash-up of her clones and wannabes' songs only.

@ Probed By Grey: Pop tours may be selling horribly right now, but not Madonna's tours. :p

Spanish Lesson, again? :lol:

What's wrong with "Spanish Lesson"? :p The S&S performance was great, the routine was superb and M looked divine in that dress! <3

Guest chatty kathy

These same rumours come out again every time M goes clubbing w/any of her dancers.

She seen w/ a dancer and all of a sudden she's having auditions.

Time will tell. Beginning filming stages of 'W.E.' aren't allowing for time in the

recording studio yet either.

I so hope this is true. And if she starts in late fall (November perhaps?) she will probably come back to the southern hemisphere (Argentina, yay!)

This would confirm:

The rumor on what the crew guy (was it Chris Lamb?) who said to the fan "don't make plans for next year" when asked if Madonna would tour in 2010 or 2011

The drummer that said he had signed for the next year's Madonna tour

The rumor on the audition for dancers she supposedly performed in New York earlier this year

The rumor on the gig for New Year's Eve in Rio de Janeiro that the Rio governor commented when she visited Brazil in February

I know you can't get your hopes up but, some things sound reasonable, like starting around Christmas and in Brazil where it's summer (when the shows are usually held)

I am starting to save money

ok, lie, but I will definitely make some room in my credit card.

And Guy Oseary on Twitter in MARCH 2010:

There is no truth to any current plans for an upcoming tour..

She is NOT touring in November or any time in 2010. She is doing W.E.

And I seriously doubt she is auditioning dancers THIS SOON for a late 2011 tour. I think she's just checking out club trends and possibly musical styles for her next album (which will probably be dance music of some sort).

Guest groovyguy

Mad keen on a tour

By 3am 28/07/2010

We're told: "It's going to be her biggest, most unexpected tour to date. She is going back to her New York City roots, with a street/ hip-hop feel, and wants to make it a physical, danceheavy set of gigs.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.../#ixzz0uxL14AL6

Order your copy of the Daily Mirror for £3.15 and get the new Prince album 20TEN for Free. Order yours here

Can't wait for her new album + new tour!

Madonna has been road-testing dancers for her upcoming six-month tour, which is set to be the pop superstar's ''most unexpected'' performances to date.

Madonna has been auditioning dancers for her "most unexpected" tour to date.

The 'Material Girl' singer - who is set to embark upon a six-month tour next autumn - road-tested dancers at the prestigious Aura nightclub in London's Mayfair district to find the perfect people to fit in with the "hip-hop" feel of the tour.

An insider said: "Madonna is in peak condition so the gruelling aspect of life on the road isn't a problem. She road-tested dancers at her favourite London club, and had her lover Jesus Luz give his opinion."

The performers showcased their talents in a cordoned off area of the popular nightspot, while the 51-year-old singer and her 23-year-old model lover graded each of them individually.

The as-yet unnamed tour - which is part of Madonna's deal with Live Nation - is expected to net the singer in excess of £100 million, and will see her "go back to her roots".

The source added to the Daily Mirror newspaper: "It's going to be her biggest, most unexpected tour to date. She is going back to her New York City roots, with a street/hip-hop feel, and wants to make it a physical, dance-heavy set of gigs."

Madonna's last tour - 'Sticky and Sweet' - finished last September.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/madonnas-hiphop-tour_1155598

1. Why not an album before the tour? :(

2. A hip-hop tour? Not sure how I feel. Didn't expect her to do that.