The Girlie Show

IsaacHarris

The bad live vocals of JML? I WANT I WANT I WANT

Argh... i've searched through my computer and can't find it anywhere. I know that I once had it, I must have deleted it. I'm sure you can find a recording of the London show somewhere... it was the first one of the tour. Erotica may have been live too, I can't remember. Does anyone else have it?

Argh... i've searched through my computer and can't find it anywhere. I know that I once had it, I must have deleted it. I'm sure you can find a recording of the London show somewhere... it was the first one of the tour. Erotica may have been live too, I can't remember. Does anyone else have it?

professional recording?

i have those somwhere...

professional recording?

i have those somwhere...

no it was a bootleg. i suppose i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that at the first couple of concerts on the tour, she sang either "erotica" or "JML" live and it sounded crappy, so she switched to lipping.

no it was a bootleg. i suppose i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that at the first couple of concerts on the tour, she sang either "erotica" or "JML" live and it sounded crappy, so she switched to lipping.

Erotica I remember, but she was accompanied by a backing track..the chorus sounded like a children's choir on acid :lmao:

Fever had her singing 2 a backing track initially 2..but the vocals didn't match so she went all live.

OMG :wow:

Guest northernlad

No shit. This show made me (& keeps me) a huge Madonna fan. Will always be her best moment. & I get goosebumps just thinking about her meeting my idol Gene for this. What really makes it brilliant is that it's a show about cinema... & to such an extent & wonderful execution that it can't be replicated. Gene, Fellini, Les Enfants du Paradis, Marlene, MFL & on... it's almost too much beauty & legend in one project...

No shit. This show made me (& keeps me) a huge Madonna fan. Will always be her best moment. & I get goosebumps just thinking about her meeting my idol Gene for this. What really makes it brilliant is that it's a show about cinema... & to such an extent & wonderful execution that it can't be replicated. Gene, Fellini, Les Enfants du Paradis, Marlene, MFL & on... it's almost too much beauty & legend in one project...

Does she even realise how brilliant it was...

I mean fuck video screens when u can have real life CINEMA.

'les enfants qui mentent ne vont pas au paradis...' :dramatic:

I agree! The Girlie Show was great without any video screens! All the efforts were ON the stage!

there was even REAL FIRE on the stage! :shock:

I agree! The Girlie Show was great without any video screens! All the efforts were ON the stage!

there was even REAL FIRE on the stage! :shock:

i do agree... sure, video screens are somewhat nice because they bring the fans who are further back in the stadium a little bit closer, however ever since RIT she has used them a bit too much. I'd like to the see the next tour not rely on them so much

I want no video screens for the next tour. Back to basics would be good. But it seems nowdays not a lot of thought is put into having a running theme in the show, or having it flow like Girlie Show where the setlist was like you were actually watching a piece of theatre one song went to another as if it was a story.

Guest bluejean

I have the pro recorded London version but the only thing that's live is the chorus of Erotica. The spoken parts are not. Maybe it's a different show on a bootleg??

Guest valhum

OMG @ Luca :blink:

Wow, sorry i made another thread about JML, haven't seen this one.

Totally love this show, i think this is one of her best, if not the best. This is the only tour it really annoys me i didn't have the means to go and see her in Mexico City (closest show). I remember all the drama in the mexican news when she was coming, there were talk shows dedicated at her, how she might corrupt the youth, etc :lol: priceless!!!

Vogue is EVERYTHING!!!! THIS is her best Vogue performance in Tours imo, no RIT, no S&S, nada! this one is the best.....and what about EY with that disco theme, so much fucking fun.

I really wish she puts that much energy in her next tour, not something rush a la S&S. Think about scenary, costumes, flow of the songs and some fucking new choreography not the same jumping moves she now does, that is not dancing sweetie :lol:

This thread has inspired me to seek out and watch the Fukuoka version of the Girlie Show. While the show looks entirely similar even down to the camera angles (do they hand out instructions to the directors beforehand?) I saw there was actually choreography before Rain while she's changing and she sings her little heart out during the song. I cant wait to watch the rest.

Great tour, I love how she pissed so many people of with the sex thing when it was only such a small part of the show.

Rain, Why's It So Hard, Holiday and Everybody are my favourites. Why did she mime JML? Surely its not hard to sing it live.

I remember buying the video of the show when it first came out and watching it everyday.