The Girlie Show

IsaacHarris

Amazing show. When I was 17 (waaaay back in 1999), I had a girlfriend ( :lmao: ), and she told me she'd buy me the Girlie Show DVD if I let her paint my toenails "paparazzi purple". Um, of course I let her. :lol:

On to the show. That orgy scene is everything. Not cheesy or anything of the sort. Justify My Love is :wow: .

Amazing show. When I was 17 (waaaay back in 1999), I had a girlfriend ( :lmao: ), and she told me she'd buy me the Girlie Show DVD if I let her paint my toenails "paparazzi purple". Um, of course I let her. :lol:

So many red flags! :chuckle:

So many red flags! :chuckle:

I know! She was all like, "Really, I don't have to." Me: "I'm fine with it. Paint them." She also forced me to have sex with her. But that's another topic.

I'm watching TGS as I type. The naked Asian chick is sliding down the pole. :wow:

I know! She was all like, "Really, I don't have to." Me: "I'm fine with it. Paint them." She also forced me to have sex with her. But that's another topic.

I'm watching TGS as I type. The naked Asian chick is sliding down the pole. :wow:

Oh, Carrie Ann Inaba. From topless stripping to Dancing with The Stars... How far she's come! :dramatic:

dancing-with-stars470.jpg

SCANDALOUS! :drama:

26sep93_people.jpg

This specifc part is EVERYTHANG!!!!! :dramatic: This alone tops every act of her entire career! i LOVE the Girlie Show!

NOTHING can ever top this outstanding ART :clap:

18_MHG_cult_girlie01.jpg

OML. That was her?! Fantastic!!!

She was on some late night show and they showed the clip of her sliding down the pole and she talked about it, it was cute. I was trying to find it on YouTube but I dont think its there anymore. I did find that she was FOOK YU on Austin Powers though

:bad:

The Girlie Show is top indeed.. I loved the theme and the whole inspiration behind that show; cabaret, theatre, follies, vaudeville and Burlesque, the big musicals of the 1940s and 50s, yet it remained contemporary at the same time as well. It's amazing that it all started with one painting.

Anyway, best moments are: Vogue for music, theme and choreography; Rain/The Rain Interlude; the exotic dancer in Erotica ;) and I loved that version of Erotica as well musically; La Isla Bonita, Justify My Love and Like a Virgin. Great from start to finish really.

Like a Virgin was STRANGE

I still don't get why she didn't do Erotica live. Or Justify My Love.

Well the sing-spoken way she delivers them would be difficult to recreate live, no?

I guess, a different way of delivering those sing-spoken bits would have been interesting at least; I don't think it would have been that demanding. I think she could have easily done it. Oh well.

During the first couple of shows when the tour started in London, she sang JML live. It sounded really bad. It's hard to do spoken word songs live and actually sound sexy. After those first couple of shows, she started lipping. I think I have an MP3 of it somewhere...