The Girlie Show

IsaacHarris

I've seen clips here and there on YouTube but after watching The Girlie Show on my HDTV I've concluded that it is one of her BEST tours!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After Carrie-Ann wiggles her twat all over that stripper pole, Madonna IS the female-embodiment of sex when she rises up to perform Erotica. Caressing her body, gyrating with a whip, arching her back... what's not to love!? Oh, the live mix of the song was spectacular as well! :erotica: Moving on, Fever was great! Her backup dancers were hot, and their choreography was even hotter, especially when Madge grinds her crotch in the Asian guys face!!! :lol: A simple performance, but definitely one of my highlights.

I loved the re-vamped Vogue with the new Eastern-inspired choreography. Unlike most M-fans, I've never cared for Rain so I won't go into detail on that performance. She sounded great, though. :thumbsup:

Express Yourself, as always, was energetic. Nikki & Donna were so goofy. (I really wish M would bring those bitches back.) The song then blends into Deeper & Deeper, another highlight! The band's live arrangement was amazing. "Omar! Gimme Sum Kick Baby!!!" :inlove: She worked every inch of the stage, feather boa & afro wig both swinging all over. It jut got better and better, especially towards the breakdown at the end. "OOOOOHHH YEAH! OOOOOHHH YEAH! EV'RY MORNIN! EV'RY NIGHT I JUSS WANNA HOLD YOU TIGHT!!!" I don't think I can ever listen to the original version ever again.

Why's It So Hard is outrageous. They were basically fucking on stage, clothed! I can only imagine how mind blowing that performance was at the time (even now, it is quite extreme to watch.) Madonna is a provocateur alright. :wow: Her quick speech on AIDS was really moving, along with In This Life. Interlude, or not, the dancers in The Beast Within were fantastic. All that in your face homo-eroticism. Gotta love them!

Like A Virgin, Bye Bye Baby, & I'm Goin Bananas were so campy. I love how quickly Madonna can go from dramatic to fun and ridiculous. La Isla Bonita kicked in and once again, the band really raised the song to new heights!!! Oh yeah, might I add that the guitar player was FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!? :wow: The military themed Holiday was another favorite of mine: especially the Drill-Sargent routine she did with the audience. And vocally, Madonna didn't miss a beat!

Justify My Love is beyond explanation, so just watch it here:

:queenbitch:

She ended with one of my favorites, Everybody in the dykeiest outfit EVER and I loved every second of it! Sweating like an animal in boots and a jersey. :rotfl:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The vocals were excellent, the dancing/ energy was through the roof, and I actually liked her short hair. The cut gave her that androgynous look, especially during the orgy. Overall, I have to say that I'm shocked I liked it as much as I did. It's like she really gave her all during every second she was on stage. As I said earlier, The Girlie Show is one of her best.

I LOVE this tour, but I cannot say it is my favorite only because I think it takes awhile to ramp up a good head of steam. To me, "Erotica" is sort of a slow-burn number and not an energetic opener, but I do love the slow mechanical walk down the steps and when she takes the mask off to start "Fever" - the crowd just ROARS.

To me, "Erotica" is sort of a slow-burn number and not an energetic opener...

I absolutely LOVE that about Erotica. It's a very mellow, smoooooooooth intro. Very Unexpected.

erotica_girlie_show+%2811%29.jpgmadonnaa8.jpg

:erotica: :erotica: :erotica: :erotica: :erotica:

TGS is my all time favorite tour 2!!

just can't think of how many times i've seen it in 1994-05 on vhs!!

probably this tour is one of the strongest things, that makes me proud of being M's fan :erotica:

Guest bluejean

It's hard to say any of them are my favourite because they are all so different. But this is certainly up there.

Well done IsaacHarris!

To the born in the late 70's, early '80's fag generation (i'm in the latter category :queenbitch: )

the GS is EVERYTHANG..my VHS tape is so worn out in the orgy segment. I jacked off quite a bit 2 that part

while in my early teens :fag: .

In all seriousness even if u don't like the actual show..u have 2 admit, purely as a performer,

this was her peak. & I just love how the music is part of the show..her band is off the hook

& it actually feels like they r part of the onstage troupe...not just sonic decoration. :fag:

Well done IsaacHarris!

To the born in the late 70's, early '80's fag generation (i'm in the latter category :queenbitch: )

the GS is EVERYTHANG..my VHS tape is so worn out in the orgy segment. I jacked off quite a bit 2 that part

In all seriousness even if u don't like the actual show..u have 2 admit, purely as a performer,

this was her peak. & I just love how the music is part of the show..her band is off the hook

& it actually feels like they r part of the onstage troupe...not just sonic decoration. :fag:

What he said. My tape actually BROKE at the start of Express Yourself, thats how many times I watched it.

What he said. My tape actually BROKE at the start of Express Yourself, thats how many times I watched it.

U already started wanking at the beginning of Express Yourself!? Wow, the Greeks really do have stamina :chuckle:

I usually started during D&D when M & co moved from the right hand side of the stage 2 the center..

'I'll sock it 2 u daddy..Hey baby..U wanna party baby!'

:fag:

U already started wanking at the beginning of Express Yourself!? Wow, the Greeks really do have stamina :chuckle:

I usually started during D&D when M & co moved from the right hand side of the stage 2 the center..

'I'll sock it 2 u daddy..Hey baby..U wanna party baby!'

:fag:

:D No, my SEXUAL AWAKENING happened when Carlton started fingering Luca. I thought why did he DO that? Little did I know :horn: I watched Express Yourself for 'IM GONNA TAKE YOU TO A PLACE YOUVE NEVER BEEN BEFORE' and Madonna riding the disco ball with a giant afro :wow:

I agree,The Girlie Show is Madonna's best tour! Just a perfect,amazing show from beginning to end.It featured the best band she ever had.REAL musicians playing real music....there wasn't alot of pre-recorded music on this tour.

Well done IsaacHarris!

I was the same. I went through about 3 or 4 copies of The Girlie Show on VHS because it turned to fuzz inparticular the orgy segment. Hottest thing I'd ever seen as a kid hehe

I was the same. I went through about 3 or 4 copies of The Girlie Show on VHS because it turned to fuzz inparticular the orgy segment. Hottest thing I'd ever seen as a kid hehe

I havent seen this in years,, but didnt one of the dancers actually get a hardon during that number ? LOL

I used to watch my VHS while my brothers were at home, cause they found her really sexy back then, and very shocking indeed.

The only problem I found to this show is that I would expected more songs. she did 15 and previously she did 18 for BA.

Three more song would have been a dream.

Saw her first time live when I was 16 BTW

Well the sing-spoken way she delivers them would be difficult to recreate live, no?

I guess, a different way of delivering those sing-spoken bits would have been interesting at least; I don't think it would have been that demanding. I think she could have easily done it. Oh well.

I havent seen this in years,, but didnt one of the dancers actually get a hardon during that number ? LOL

Hmm I dont remember that, but I know in the Japanese show orgy Carlton licks Christoper Childers ass

I love that bit at the begining of Fever, right after Erotica, where she makes her way towards the audience. HAWT!!!