Madonna Plays Housewife in Dolce & Gabbana Ads

TOUR2008

you seem to have a problem with everything that Madonna does nowadays; her boyfriend, her music, her videos, her photoshoots etc.the list goes on and on. atleast thats what your posts indicate to me. maybe it's just me but since youre on a madonna board claiming to be a big fan i would just expect you to have some respect for her. anyway, now...on to this quote; "I'm equally if not more critical about all the artists I like." talk about a "heavy flow of bullshit." when are you critical of britney or gaga? NEVER! youre too busy defending them to say anything negative about them. next up....you really need to get off of this kick that i get upset that people like more than just madonna. thats just insane. then again, consider the source. in any case i dont care if you like shadow or britney 1000000000000000000x more than madonna. so what if you do. im certainly not losing sleep over it. there's room enough for all of them.

may i ask you a question? do you go to britney sites or swf sites and make nasty remarks about them and praise madonna? i doubt it but i'm curious to know what your answer is.

have a great day. xoxo :inlove:

I have the OUTMOST respect for Madonna, in fact I respect her much more than other artists I like like Janice, Prinny, Kylie etc which I also judge constantly. Take a look in their threads. My respect for Madonna is the reason why I give her a hard time for wasting her time and cheapening her amazing legacy with endless endorsement deals or cheap videos. I dont understand why these opinions affect you and other people so much that you feel the need to be bitchy/report me. In any case, what we do agree on is that this will go nowhere and I dont want this thread to be derailed either so this will be my last response on the subject.

Guest Evil M

I think that baby looks like an alien. Lourdes was much cuter than this butterball.

I think the baby was meant to look a little weird. It's quirky.

That may be, but to me, she doesn't look like a member of this family - which I THOUGHT was the idea. To me, she looks like a Hollywood star slumming with a lower class Italian family in NoLita circa 1950. Maybe that is the idea? If so, bullseye.

To me, she looks like the hot, naughty, 30 something housewife who refuses to do what she's told. If she ACTUALLY looked like an obediant housewife it would take the fun out of the casting. The whole point is that she looks juxtaposed.

Well first is was Versace, then ads for H&M then her own line for H&M then two campaigns for Louis Vuitton, then two campains for Dolce & Gabbana and a sunglasses line and now the Material Girl line. She's done more clothes in 5 years than she did in her entire career prior to that. In fact if I'm not mistaken prior to this whoring using of her brand, she only did Versace in 95 right? It's all a little get on with it LOVE.

She's always had involvement with fashion. She walked the runway for Gaultier, she's made short films, done several ad campaigns (although you're right there are a lot more in print right now) and always included a lot of high profile designers in her work. She's not a model and that's what's cool about it. She usually tells a story, or does something a bit more defining than 'being pretty' with her fashion shenanigans. It's not something that she has 'found' recently though. It's just in a form that YOU recognise more. :)

God once again irrelevant word vomit. YES Im aware she has worn designer clothes in the past but I was talking specifically about endorsement deals, surely it doesnt take your HEIGHTENED AWARENESS AND EXPERTISE ON FASHUN to know whether she has an endorsement deal or not DOES IT?

Sorry everyone else but COME ON

Ad campaign or not these images are pretty awesome in my opinion. Love the reference to Momma Roma. I think what makes her look so good in these photo's is that she comes across as being a real woman. Yes she's been photoshopped and all that but the clothes and setting aren't over polished and perfect.

I think that she's spending too much time with this campaings but that's because it's her only way to keep on promoting herself until she has more material to release, either music or film. Some years ago she would have filled the gap with some song for a OST, but nowadays she doesn't dare or she doesn't care.

She's playing the game like anybody who is SMART in her position would. Didn't some who are complaining in this thread say HC was the worst audio diarrhea of the 00's and not so politely suggested she should take a break from music and "find herself musically" or some bullshit like that? I mean....the woman was on tour at this time last year.....she's apparently been working on this movie for what seems like ages. Seriously....aren't we LUCKY to be getting all of these photo shoots...or anything for that matter?? I don't see how these PHOTOGRAPHS hurt her legacy and it's overdramatic to suggest that it tarnishes her legacy somehow...I mean REALLY....some good looking photos will hurt her?

Furthermore, isn't this kind of thing that the "all encompassing 360 deal" with Live Nation is all about? Promoting not just her products but her image. We are only at the very beginning of the "Live Nation" era and we've already seen her do a couple things that some fans consider out of character....like adding a second leg to S&S...like these endorsements. I suspect we will have many more discussions in the next couple years about how she's ruining her image or legacy because of something ridiculous. Perhaps in 5-10 years when all her "shadows" catch up and earn her sort of clout and are playing the game this way it won't seem so odd to some.

God once again irrelevant word vomit. YES Im aware she has worn designer clothes in the past but I was talking specifically about endorsement deals, surely it doesnt take your HEIGHTENED AWARENESS AND EXPERTISE ON FASHUN to know whether she has an endorsement deal or not DOES IT?

Sorry everyone else but COME ON

Ha. You need to take your anti meltdown pills, bitch. I was simply stating that she didn't do these things in the past FOR FREE. When she walked the runway for Gaultier, do you think it was for free? No, they had a mutual relationship. She wore the clothes and made them seen in the way he wanted and she was given the clothes. So behind the scenes everybody is recognising that when she is doing these things (including her tours/staging) there is a business transaction connected to it. However, somebody like you only recognises it once she does it as a glossy photo shoot intended for magazines. Really, it's still the same thing.

Perhaps in 5-10 years when all her "shadows" catch up and earn her sort of clout and are playing the game this way it won't seem so odd to some.

:inlove:

She's playing the game like anybody who is SMART in her position would. Didn't some who are complaining in this thread say HC was the worst audio diarrhea of the 00's and not so politely suggested she should take a break from music and "find herself musically" or some bullshit like that? I mean....the woman was on tour at this time last year.....she's apparently been working on this movie for what seems like ages. Seriously....aren't we LUCKY to be getting all of these photo shoots...or anything for that matter?? I don't see how these PHOTOGRAPHS hurt her legacy and it's overdramatic to suggest that it tarnishes her legacy somehow...I mean REALLY....some good looking photos will hurt her?

Furthermore, isn't this kind of thing that the "all encompassing 360 deal" with Live Nation is all about? Promoting not just her products but her image. We are only at the very beginning of the "Live Nation" era and we've already seen her do a couple things that some fans consider out of character....like adding a second leg to S&S...like these endorsements. I suspect we will have many more discussions in the next couple years about how she's ruining her image or legacy because of something ridiculous. Perhaps in 5-10 years when all her "shadows" catch up and earn her sort of clout and are playing the game this way it won't seem so odd to some.

:clap::bow:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I think when Kurt dies, his Tombstone will say something about his love for Hard Candy :lol:

Ha. You need to take your anti meltdown pills, bitch. I was simply stating that she didn't do these things in the past FOR FREE. When she walked the runway for Gaultier, do you think it was for free? No, they had a mutual relationship. She wore the clothes and made them seen in the way he wanted and she was given the clothes. So behind the scenes everybody is recognising that when she is doing these things (including her tours/staging) there is a business transaction connected to it. However, somebody like you only recognises it once she does it as a glossy photo shoot intended for magazines. Really, it's still the same thing.

More pointless drivel. Who said anything about Madonna not having a relationship with designers pertaining to either art, bussiness or both? What I SAID was about her doing back to back endorsements deals and using her brandname to sell everything from tracksuits to glasses thus cheapening it.

I know you live in your own head and everything but trying to talk to you goes something like this:

-The sky is blue.

-No its not because the egyptians built the pyramids.

-Um...

Well you didn't outright say that it was cheapening it. I don't see how making a shit loads of money from high profile and creative deals is cheapening anyway? I mean, Britneys shitty perfume or Gagas product placement? Now that's cheap.

Guest VishnuKrsna

I adore this- but one relevant questions is this....she is a gorgeous woman. No doubt about it- but all the brilliant air brushing- won't that age her more as she gets older (candid/papparazzi photos, etc.)

I adore this- but one relevant questions is this....she is a gorgeous woman. No doubt about it- but all the brilliant air brushing- won't that age her more as she gets older (candid/papparazzi photos, etc.)

It will be a damn shame the day the majority of people can't tell reality from fantasy.

Madonna in the photos doesn't look that airbrushed to me; I've seen recent candids of her (the ones with her and Lola where people say she resembles Winslet) and she looks the same in the photos to me as in the candids. No more airbrushed than an 18 year old in their magazine spreads.

I think what is most important is that you can still see her spirit and soul in the pics. You can have all the airbrushing in the world, and all the plastic surgeries in the world, and you run the risk of losing your essence; from what I see in the photos, she still has her essence. I still get those butterflies in my stomach when I see a photo of Madonna. It's like this jab of "wow. stunning."

After all these years! :p

Edited by stumble upon