heavy flow of bullshit

paradise

no one ever seems to mention dangerous game/snake eyes on here. is it universally hated? even though it's heavy going i quite like it. i think it has some of madonna's best acting and she's really sexy in parts and totally fucked up in others! i'd love to know which parts are real

PRIVILIGE!

I love the film..I really enjoy Madonna's acting in it...

The heavy flow of bullshit scene in particular..I think

there was some improv going on as she lets out this

dirty Truth Or Dare Madonna laugh..

I still maintain the rooftop rape scene was something that actually happened to her.

It was. She talked about being raped in the NME interview. And it could also tie in with her dislike of oral sex and certainly her saying she felt as if she punched in the stomach by the director when she saw the film.

I agree that there was some heavy improv going on. She said so and I still maintain the rooftop rape scene was something that actually happened to her.

wait , you mean that rape scene wasn't acting?

I love her performance, her acting was like woooow, I read somewhere the line "Madonna can act" I couldn't believe it either.

Althou it could have been a better movie, I think is boring and leads to nowhere. I wish I could say, next please (But with this great Madonna character).

Oh and I think she blinks too much.

Remember the Carrie Fisher interview? She backtracked and claimed they were joking around in that NME interview. but who knows. She was orally raped, so it could have been a reason she said that.

I imagine she probably does love oral, but the rape is one reason she might have been off it for a while.

Madonna... one day you will get that Oscar you rightfully deserve. :chuckle:

I have a feeling she will win an Oscar in the not so far future.

I actually love Swept Away. When I tell people all my favorite movies, which include Being John Malcovich, Memento, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Elegy, and so forth, then I get to Swept Away, people think I'm joking but I'm not!

It actually makes me cry, laugh, and not because of the "bad acting." I didn't find it to be bad at all. I enjoy old hollywood movies and appreciate Madonna sort of coming from that technique in her acting.

Whether she wins one for acting or for directing, I'm sure she'll win.

Edited by stumble upon

I've never seen this movie -- seems like it is pretty dark and disturbing... (Maybe I do need to watch it at some point, though...) In that clip you posted Loomer, I get confused. Is it like they're showing you the meta-movie stuff, with Harvey Keitel as the director, insulting her to get the visceral, angry emotions out of her that he wanted in the scene? But then, it's like they show you the final cut, and he uses what sounds like her original take and then cuts all the lines completely and she just gets shot?! Harsh.

I mean, I suppose to people in the industry that might be meaningful -- they might totally understand that feeling of getting put through an emotional grinder (almost for nothing) and then having their performance end up on the cutting room floor.

(Is this the director who criticized her for saying anything remotely negative about the film? That she broke some unspoken Hollywood code that you don't say anything negative about a film?)

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I have a feeling she will win an Oscar in the not so far future.

I actually love Swept Away.

Well there you go :lol:

I've never seen this movie -- seems like it is pretty dark and disturbing... (Maybe I do need to watch it at some point, though...) In that clip you posted Loomer, I get confused. Is it like they're showing you the meta-movie stuff, with Harvey Keitel as the director, insulting her to get the visceral, angry emotions out of her that he wanted in the scene? But then, it's like they show you the final cut, and he uses what sounds like her original take and then cuts all the lines completely and she just gets shot?! Harsh.

I mean, I suppose to people in the industry that might be meaningful -- they might totally understand that feeling of getting put through an emotional grinder (almost for nothing) and then having their performance end up on the cutting room floor.

(Is this the director who criticized her for saying anything remotely negative about the film? That she broke some unspoken Hollywood code that you don't say anything negative about a film?)

Yes to all.

The film is actually very good. People should give it a chance.

wow in the scene posted up above she KILLED it! That was like the most natural, heartfelt, NON contrived/ wooden performance Ive ever seen from her.

Unpopular opinion? Only 12:51 here (and I'm sure you too since you like beign the outsider) thinks that this is HER BEST FILM EVER :lmao:

Um, you think Evita is her best film ever. Well, scratch that. You thought it was a good movie. That alone makes you a dork. :chuckle:

Anyway I don't know why you have to attack people and be such a bitch over such little things. Let it go.

Um, you think Evita is her best film ever. Well, scratch that. You thought it was a good movie. That alone makes you a dork. :chuckle:

Anyway I don't know why you have to attack people and be such a bitch over such little things. Let it go.

Are you crazy? I just said my opinion like you said it was the best thing ever PERIOD.

You're reply to me was (and I wasn't even talking to you)

Well Cosmic System, unfortunately for you, I don't give a SHIT what you have to say or what FAKT you like wisp around with a flick of your limp wrist!

Prozac darling.

You just think you are COOL saying DG is her best film. In the end it's just a FAKE indipendent piece of GARBAGE that goes nowhere. She's good in it. But that's all. :sassy:

And yes, EVITA was the best thing she did in the 90s (along with A League) and IT'S A FACT (just read the reviews). If you think I'm a dork for being a FAN of the film, who cares :lol: