NEWS - First look at the Material Girl collection

akurren

A Material Girl is interested in fashion, music and fun

by ZaCK, www.absolumentmadonna.fr

WWD just released the first images of the Material Girl collection, which Lourdes Leon helped style and were photographed last month in a studio and on the streets of Williamsburg, Brooklyn.

The centerpiece of the marketing campaign supporting the launch is not Madonna, but a young television actress and singer who’s identity has not yet been revealed. Her identity will be revealed in the coming weeks closer to the launch date.

Madonna told WWD:

“It’s not complicated. It’s dressing in layers.

It’s not looking like you took too much time thinking about what you’re wearing.

She’s been coming to meetings pretty much from the very beginning.

My role was really to make sure we were all going in the right

direction and it was a line that I could stand behind and be proud of

and feel good about - and one that she could also feel represented

her. I really like the way Lola dresses, and I think this line is

absolutely an extension of her taste.”

Asked to sum up the Material Girl customer, Madonna described her in this way:

“A Material Girl is a girl that is interested in fashion and

interested in music and interested in fun.

[she has] a sense of humor [and] is an adventurous human being.”

20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-01s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-02s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-03s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-04s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-05s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-06s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-07s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-08s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-09s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-10s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-11s.jpg20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-12s.jpg

20100630-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes-13s.jpg

Source & HQ images: http://www.absolumentmadonna.fr/posts/20100630-news-en-madonna-first-look-macys-material-girl-lourdes.php

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/06/30/madonna-talks-material-girl/#comment-16999119

Madonna shows her support for Material Girl, her new line with daughter Lourdes Leon!

Here’s what the 51-year-old original Material Girl had to share:

On the line being a representation of Lola’s fashion sense: “I really like the way Lola dresses and I think this line is absolutely an extension of her taste.”

On deciding to sell the line exclusively at Macy’s: “Macy’s seemed like a no-brainer. Macy’s is accessible - everybody goes there!”

On what today’s Material Girl is: “A Material Girl is someone who’s interested in fashion and interested in music and interested in fun and has a sense of humor - an adventurous human being!”

Lola blogged yesterday about how excited she is to start her first line on August 3 - check out what she had to say here if you missed it!

Guest jordywind

really cute u love it!! very child like fashion which is what it is, but they arent tryin to make it look too grown up! xx

Oh My God! She has to wear this look in the next album!

That she is using to publicize Material Girl and the photoshoot of Interview. Madonna go Rocks!

34104_134425739919510_109565562405528_264545_3437666_n.jpg

beautiful

Terrific photo of M. Plus the fashion line looks good...not too cheap looking...very wearable if you're a teenage girl.